Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Stanley View Post
    Highly proven manager at this level.
    No one, not even JFH's most ardent supporters can argue with that. Of course he's not EPL, he wouldn't be my choice for a long term contract but as has been repeatedly stated that is not the point.

We were where we were.The fact is that NW could have been retained, if he had got us up he could have been replaced - he didn't want to go back to the prem - and we would have had a breathing space in which to appoint a sensible successor. To me, that would have been a logical progression. Others may not agree.

I can't see that there's scope for much further discussion on this one but like Adel, NW just seems to run and run on here.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shepherds Mush View Post
      You sure about that? Chris Ramsey working at Palace....
      Fairly sure. It may have been in an unofficial capacity. Either way I remember hearing they'd previously worked together.

Originally posted by hal9thou View Post
      We were where we were.
      I see what you did there

Comment

• Originally posted by hal9thou View Post
        No one, not even JFH's most ardent supporters can argue with that. Of course he's not EPL, he wouldn't be my choice for a long term contract but as has been repeatedly stated that is not the point.

We were where we were.The fact is that NW could have been retained, if he had got us up he could have been replaced - he didn't want to go back to the prem - and we would have had a breathing space in which to appoint a sensible successor. To me, that would have been a logical progression. Others may not agree.

I can't see that there's scope for much further discussion on this one but like Adel, NW just seems to run and run on here.
        You're right there is no real point in discussing this further. He is now at Cardiff and there is not too much we can do about that.

Comment

• Originally posted by hal9thou View Post

The point you are forgetting is that continuity is so vital. A team that fights for their manager in the way NW galvanises his to will only go so far once he's gone. Look at Rotherham, who he galvanised for half a season. Now they're bottom of the league. He comes, he does a job built for the short term, leaves with no blood on his hands and the next guy is lumbered with the short-termism of players who aren't particularly great and overperformed for the incredible motivator that is Neil Warnock.
          "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

• Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
            The point you are forgetting is that continuity is so vital. A team that fights for their manager in the way NW galvanises his to will only go so far once he's gone. Look at Rotherham, who he galvanised for half a season. Now they're bottom of the league. He comes, he does a job built for the short term, leaves with no blood on his hands and the next guy is lumbered with the short-termism of players who aren't particularly great and overperformed for the incredible motivator that is Neil Warnock.
            Oh Dear.
            C'Mon You Supaaaa!!

Comment

• Nas, That last post of yours is up there with the biggest load of ###### that has ever been posted on this board. Warnock saved us the season before we walked the championship and but for our genius of a chairman would loved to have stayed longer. You really are typical of a modern day supporter.

Comment

The difference between Warnock and JHF is that if JFH were to leave and we got in a decent manager, we would be doing much better.

Comment

• What exactly is the point of this now 9 page thread?

In memory of Pete Burns and scratched records everywhere..

Comment

OH dear, Oh dear!

Comment

• Originally posted by Pinkie View Post
                      Agree stan, but why would we need a experienced manager to take us to a playoff final or promotion when we can have the luxury of sitting for a few seasons in around mid table with quality attacking football under jimmy floyd knowing say in a few seasons we`ll decide we`re ready to go up lol, as nas says if we reached a playoff final under warnock or someone else say experienced or got promoted - what then ? lol god forbid that would be no good! we dont need any of that promotion playoff buisness
                      Brilliantly put,,,,, NW is ten times the manager JFH is ,,, all this talk that NW is the short term fix - says who ??

And again who says he can't cut it in the prem ,,, because he somewhat failed with palace ,,, and don't say he failed with us because he wasn't given a fair crack of the whip ,,, had to sign waifs and strays and was given no money ,,

And I would rather him get us promoted and then see what than languish where we are now going nowhere with a clueless bafoon,, remember guys and gals the parachute payments dry up soon then what ,,,, consolidation my ass ,,,

Comment

Jesus and yet you big up jimmy, jimmy theee greatest motivator-not, you really are a wum
                        http://soundcloud.com/pinkie2

Comment

• Originally posted by jmelanie View Post
                          The difference between Warnock and JHF is that if JFH were to leave and we got in a decent manager, we would be doing much better.
                          Exactly nail on the head melanie!
                          http://soundcloud.com/pinkie2

Comment

• Great point about the parachute payments as that is something this club has not experienced under the current board so lets see if Fernandes is true to his word and is in it for the long term.

Comment

• Nas can I just ask why you have this almost unforgiving hero worship of JFH ... what has he done to instill such adulation ,, just curious ,,

Comment

• Originally posted by skranger View Post
                                Nas can I just ask why you have this almost unforgiving hero worship of JFH ... what has he done to instill such adulation ,, just curious ,,
                                What hero worship? I just think he deserves more time... I wasn't being sarcastic at all regarding Warnock btw, I legitimately think he's one of the best motivators in the sport, if you can't see that, you're not looking right. But that's what he is, a motivator. It works phenomenally in the championship, but get into the prem and you need more, and replacing him is an option, but an illogical one as it eliminates all continuity and all the togetherness the players have.
                                "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Working...
                                X