No announcement yet.

Ben Gladwin last night

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If he is playing on the wing his size is an additional bonus for defensive set pieces

As for his free kick midweek he clearly must be a half decent set piece taker before Chery stepped aside for the free kicks and corners. Like any young player he needs game time to adjust give him time

Comment

Originally posted by Ginger Ninja View Post
      Can I not just have a different opinion to you?
      Look, all I'm saying is based on what I've seen of him, which was pretty much every game he played last season, off the bench or starting, and I never saw him play well. I said in another post what I perceive his drawbacks to be, and also that I can't fault his effort. Clearly the boy tries hard, I just don't think he's Championship standard. That'd be why we sent him out on loan last season.
      I don't give 2 farks whether he has a Spanish surname or not, not quite sure where you got that from. And as for Hoilett, he was sh!t the entire time he was here, bar the last couple of months of last season, where I firmly believe he was playing for a contract. We are well rid of him.
      Connor Washington, Massimo Luongo, Jack Robinson, Pawel Wszolek, Ariel Borysiuk...all younger players who I believe have something to offer, proving I'm not writing off players based on age. My problem with Gladwin is that I've not seen him have one good game for us, IN MY OPINION. End of story. If that still rubs you the wrong way, that's your problem I'm afraid mate.
      Course you can have a differing opinion Ginge but it doesn't mean I won't challenge it. That's also why we debate? We don't just say agree to disagree on everything, we'd have nothing to talk about otherwise
      Try not to put that defensive mechanism barrier up here, let's keep the chat to a football debate. Nothing's rubbing me up the wrong way lad.

RE: The Spanish surname - I relate to his style of play maybe not being attractive enough for some fans (like yourself) to give him more time.

I just prefer to give all of our players time, especially if they are young, working hard, and have accepted the challenge of trying to better themselves by attempting to play and develop at a higher level. I think all of our fans should - Rather than coat them off saying they're sh1t - I've seen many late developers.

Comment

Originally posted by West London is Rss View Post
        Course you can have a differing opinion Ginge but it doesn't mean I won't challenge it. That's also why we debate? We don't just say agree to disagree on everything, we'd have nothing to talk about otherwise
        Try not to put that defensive mechanism barrier up here, let's keep the chat to a football debate. Nothing's rubbing me up the wrong way lad.

RE: The Spanish surname - I relate to his style of play maybe not being attractive enough for some fans (like yourself) to give him more time.

I just prefer to give all of our players time, especially if they are young, working hard, and have accepted the challenge of trying to better themselves by attempting to play and develop at a higher level. I think all of our fans should - Rather than coat them off saying they're sh1t - I've seen many late developers.
        Fair enough, I must admit I did get a bit defensive there
        I see what you mean regarding the Spanish thing. For me a midfielder doesn't have to be flash or anything, as long as they get the basics right. That's something I haven't seen from Gladwin at all.
        I'm not saying I'm writing him off forever, just at this moment in time I just don't rate the boy. I'd love nothing more than for him to change my opinion, believe me. And as you said, he does work hard, I can't fault him there.
        Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
        Pawel Wszolek - 6
        Luke Freeman - 6
        Matt Smith - 6
        Ebere Eze - 4
        Joel Lynch - 3
        Tomer Hemed - 3
        Toni Leistner - 2
        Massimo Luongo- 2
        Angel Rangel - 2
        Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2