No announcement yet.

Ben Gladwin last night

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I hate people that boo their own players. Never liked it and it doesn't do anyone any favours what so ever, let alone inspire the young lad in Gladwin's case to go out and perform.

However, the truth is Gladwin is well short of the level expected to play championship football. Not his fault we took a punt on him as sometimes you just don't know until you give the lads a chance. In luongo's case he has stepped up and looks a decent player but Gladwin just looks out of his depth in the championship.

IMO he's a average league 1 player. Good level of football and will have a ok career but not at championship level at all!

Comment

Originally posted by Ginger Ninja View Post
      I wasn't there last night so can't judge. But every time I've seen him play I've been less than impressed. Maybe there's a reason he's been loaned out and hasn't played?
      Well as said, he hasnt been good enough when he has played. Last night he did OK.. Nobody played terrible IMO

Comment

I wrote I thought he was ok last night, he was in and around everything that happened after he came on. Should have hit the target with a shot and free kick was poor but overall he did alright. Needs more time, still quite young.

Comment

Any so called fan who would boo one of our own young players is nothing better than a wanchor.

Comment

I thought he was decent enough last night, seemed to want to get things moving forward at least, I'm another who doesn't see the point in undermining our players confidence. I have only ever booed one player at the club he f^cking deserved it, long gone but will never be forgiven

Comment

I didnt hear it in SAR, but booing him coming on before hes even put a foot wrong is disgusting on so many levels.

Im quietly/strangely confident he will be a good player for us as well.

Comment

Never booed him but I don't think he's particularly good. Yjat being said the team scores more when he's playing for some reason.
                "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Originally posted by maidstone_hoop View Post
                  I hate people that boo their own players. Never liked it and it doesn't do anyone any favours what so ever, let alone inspire the young lad in Gladwin's case to go out and perform.

However, the truth is Gladwin is well short of the level expected to play championship football. Not his fault we took a punt on him as sometimes you just don't know until you give the lads a chance. In luongo's case he has stepped up and looks a decent player but Gladwin just looks out of his depth in the championship.

IMO he's a average league 1 player. Good level of football and will have a ok career but not at championship level at all!

i only ever booed two players in my time.

they were mark hately and bosingwa.

any other booing i do is at a poor preformance at the end of the game or managers decisions.
                  nsa/cia spy on this..............┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

Comment

Originally posted by maidstone_hoop View Post

Agree Maids, good post.
                    Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
                    Pawel Wszolek - 6
                    Luke Freeman - 6
                    Matt Smith - 6
                    Ebere Eze - 4
                    Joel Lynch - 3
                    Tomer Hemed - 3
                    Toni Leistner - 2
                    Massimo Luongo- 2
                    Angel Rangel - 2
                    Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
                    Geoff Cameron - 1
                    Aramide Oteh - 1
                    Jake Bidwell - 1
                    Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

Originally posted by nanocopic View Post
                      I wrote I thought he was ok last night, he was in and around everything that happened after he came on. Should have hit the target with a shot and free kick was poor but overall he did alright. Needs more time, still quite young.
                      Agree. Made things happen, kept the ball moving and got involved. Much better than Cousins IMO and more comfortable in CM than when he's been stuck out wide.

Comment

Imperative we give these young guys time to grow into championship football. slowly, slowly... We aren't getting promoted anytime soon IMO.

We aren't buying players who are the supposed finished article anymore, we have to get used to inconsistency in our new young players.

Comment

OK Ginger and Maidstone - you have strong opinions on Gladwin being not that good.
                          I did some digging and I have to say that the results are shocking for you guys.
                          Ben has played this season the grand total of 118 minutes in 3 games.
                          To be exact starting the first 2 games of the season, against Leeds (56 min) and Cardiff (25 Min). That was August 14th. Than came on last night, Oktober 18th for 37 min.
                          Strangely enough all these games were wins.

Comment

Originally posted by hh9 View Post
                            OK Ginger and Maidstone - you have strong opinions on Gladwin being not that good.
                            I did some digging and I have to say that the results are shocking for you guys.
                            Ben has played this season the grand total of 118 minutes in 3 games.
                            To be exact starting the first 2 games of the season, against Leeds (56 min) and Cardiff (25 Min). That was August 14th. Than came on last night, Oktober 18th for 37 min.
                            Strangely enough all these games were wins.
                            To be fair to them, I really haven't seen him do much, but the whole team improves with him in, no matter how poor he is. I've found it so confusing to be honest and I want to do some research into what his individual involvement has been.
                            "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

The few times I have seen him he has offered us width..
                              QPR
                              Best team in the world
                              Sort of

Comment

Originally posted by brightonr View Post
                                And then he touched the ball ...

I think it probably had more to do with the expectation of seeing Wsolek creating chances and wondering why he wasn't being given the opportunity.
                                I think your right about Wsolek being overlooked.
                                Also, was such a tight game the right time to return Gladwin to the team after a lengthy absence due to injury?

Comment

Working...
                                X