The Les and Jimmy appreciation thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post
    He hasn't posted this on a Fulham forum Shan.
    Haha, no that´s true
    QPR
    Best team in the world
    Sort of

Comment

We can see the upward trends now, whereas some as you say need more convincing. When we lose, the same JFH out threads will be resurrected, so now when we win, we've got this one. Ours and Theirs.

Comment

Originally posted by bakes8 View Post
        We lost 0-6 at home this season. Delighted were a few unbeaten now and hopefully the penny has dropped for JFH tactically, especially at home but we still have a long way to go before I get down on bended knee and salute the coach.

Les is a different matter. Doing a fantastic job (Imo).
        Spot on Bakes. 5 games unbeaten and 2 wins out of the last 3 is great, no doubt about it. But last night was only our 2nd home win of the season. Turn a few draws into wins and I'll start praising JFH. We have some very tough games coming up, starting Saturday at Hillsborough.
        As for Les and Hoos, both have done a brilliant job imo, and those who have moaned about them are simply wrong.
        Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
        Pawel Wszolek - 6
        Luke Freeman - 6
        Matt Smith - 6
        Ebere Eze - 4
        Joel Lynch - 3
        Tomer Hemed - 3
        Toni Leistner - 2
        Massimo Luongo- 2
        Angel Rangel - 2
        Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
        Geoff Cameron - 1
        Aramide Oteh - 1
        Jake Bidwell - 1
        Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

The JFH out threads as you say, have come from a string of bang average performances with the telegraph sting and a 0-6 at home...

This pathetic appreciation 'haha in your face' thread is after one 1-0 home win, our 2nd of the season in mid-late October.

Comment

Most of the threads I've read haven't been about losing theyve been about the quality of losing drawing winning

Comment

Originally posted by West London is Rss View Post
              The JFH out threads as you say, have come from a string of bang average performances with the telegraph sting and a 0-6 at home...

This pathetic appreciation 'haha in your face' thread is after one 1-0 home win, our 2nd of the season in mid-late October.
              It's not though is it? The guy just wants to start some positivity on here rather than read negative sh!te all the time. Nothing wrong with that, however overexcited it may seem. He's not rubbing anyone's face in it.
              Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
              Pawel Wszolek - 6
              Luke Freeman - 6
              Matt Smith - 6
              Ebere Eze - 4
              Joel Lynch - 3
              Tomer Hemed - 3
              Toni Leistner - 2
              Massimo Luongo- 2
              Angel Rangel - 2
              Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
              Geoff Cameron - 1
              Aramide Oteh - 1
              Jake Bidwell - 1
              Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

Originally posted by Ginger Ninja View Post
                It's not though is it? The guy just wants to start some positivity on here rather than read negative sh!te all the time. Nothing wrong with that, however overexcited it may seem. He's not rubbing anyone's face in it.
                Well why didn't he start it before the performance yesterday? Let's be real - Whilst the OP may of created for that (although I'm not sure), there are posters on here who are using it is a two fingers up thread, which is extremely petty.
                Last edited by West London is Rss; 19-10-2016, 12:03 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Olly View Post
                  We can see the upward trends now, whereas some as you say need more convincing. When we lose, the same JFH out threads will be resurrected, so now when we win, we've got this one. Ours and Theirs.
                  I can sort of see what you are saying. But hopefully, as long as we perform with the intensity and desire of last night, I think you'll find many of the "harder to please" camp will be far more forgiving. We can't expect to win all the time, but we can give the impression we want to at least.

Most entertained I've been since Leeds. And that would still be the case if they had equalised while we were still l going for it. If Henry had come on, we had camped in our own half and invited pressure on us, then a draw would have had a significantly different response.

On a positive note, the atmosphere was a whole lot better, despite the small crowd. People jumping up, cheering the team on, encouraging them. Most unusual behaviour.

Comment

Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
                    Most Valuable Thread right here.

I can understand people's concerns but at the same time, the actual response has been nothing short of remarkably exaggerated. The extent to which fans think we're not performing is wayyyyyy too high compared to where we actually stand. 5 games unbeaten now, we've played 6 top half teams and only lost 2 times in those 6. Our next two matches are against the teams directly above us and we've just beaten the team directly above them. We have 9/16 home games remaining against currently bottom half sides which gives us a big chance of improving our record and we have an upcoming stretch of away fixtures where we can really bolster our already impressive away credentials.

We have (IMO) the best centre mid in the league, our Iniesta and he's only going to improve with time, we've got very solid wing options (arguably our best winger(s? jury still out on Yeni) wasn't even playing today and we still scored from wide) and we've now got 2 Strikers who can be extremely impactful and more importantly, they come into form when the other isn't as prolific and they are happy for each other to succeed. There's a strong team ethic and you can see it in the effort players are putting to cover each other. We have the best keeper at this level right now, a backline that has remained quite solid despite all the injuries, with 2 players (Ned and Caulker) having such remarkable consistency that they hold it together for us when it's crumbling around them. Players who were supposedly being played out of position are coming good in their new positions, namely Washington out wide and Ned in the middle. We have some good options in centre mid and as long as we don't get injuries, we've got a great pairing in Luongo and Borysuik, who has something of an incredible shot on him (But for a deflection, would have ripped the net today from range) and we finally have an academy that is starting to churn out players - Shodipo, Kakay, Hamalainen are already in and around the squad picture, Darnell Furlong is a prospect out on loan as well as Brandon Comley and hopefully Eze and a few others will come good from the current academy squad.

I know that one loss and people will return to business as usual, but for me, even with losses, we're setting the foundations for a club that we can be proud of in the future, on and off the pitch. A club that produces talent and one that hopefully will eventually be enough of a pull that all the talent we get won't just see us as a stepping stone, but will see us as the bigger thing at the end of their journey.
                    Please don't tell me you just compared Luongo to iniesta. FFS.

Comment

How funny it is to read stuff in here.
                      It seems 90% of members are either negative or positive.
                      After a loss the - people come out in number but the + people keep quiet
                      After a win some + people come out but still the - people come out in numbers

It would be fun to see the atmosphere if positives were in one stand and the negatives in the other
                      Ask yourselfe - where would you like to sit

Comment

Better last night. Some entertainment at last. But will take more than 1 game to bring back the thousands who are staying away due to previous dross. Rows and rows of empty seats. But here's hoping.

Comment

Originally posted by West London is Rss View Post
                          If we win 3 games on the trot then by all means create an appreciation thread - The reason there has been so many negative threads elsewhere is because there has been more than a fair share of negative, average performances.

If we had 3 wins in a row, followed by 1 loss, I would not create a negative thread - Put it that way.
                          But 5 unbeaten doesn't tickle your fancy? And you said JFH out threads come from a string of bad performances. It took one defeat this season for the usual 5 or 6 threads to be started and every time someone posts a positive thread, it gets inundated with calls of cringe. Neil Warnock lost 4 - 0 at home on opening day and 6 - 0 away against Fulham. Big defeats happen to even the best. But there has been a really good response to that in that after that match and the loss away at Huddersfield, we've gone 5 unbeaten.

And if you want to suggest that it takes 3 wins in a row to make an appreciation thread, it should take 3 losses in a row to create a jimmy out thread... we haven't done that yet this season and I've seen way too many Jimmy out threads.
                          "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Originally posted by hh9 View Post

It would be fun to see the atmosphere if positives were in one stand and the negatives in the other
                            This isn't necessarily true. Certainly not in my case and a couple of others.
                            "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Originally posted by hh9 View Post

It would be like a large game of musical chairs.

Comment

Originally posted by guy.dunstan View Post
                                Please don't tell me you just compared Luongo to iniesta. FFS.
                                I like how you latched onto that without making an actual point. I said he's our Iniesta. His movement with the ball is phenomenal and his runs are timed brilliantly. Just like Iniesta, he doesn't score much and his assist count isn't amazing, but you can see how vital he can be to the way we play. The only difference between them is the level they do it at and class difference, as well as the fact that Luongo can defend too.

Comment

Working...
                                X