The Les and Jimmy appreciation thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jimmy Floyd Rabbit View Post
    Bit of a cringey thread but delighted we managed to get a win, albeit only our second one at home.

Plenty of work to be done still so I won't start gushing quite yet.
    Always happy when Rangers win but will not get carried away... the last 5 years have really knocked any sort of confidence I have in my team. Would be nice to string a few wins together and play some attacking football.
    C'Mon You Supaaaa!!

Comment

Originally posted by upperloft View Post
      Always happy when Rangers win but will not get carried away... the last 5 years have really knocked any sort of confidence I have in my team. Would be nice to string a few wins together and play some attacking football.
      I agree mate. Feet firmly on the ground in my house.

Comment

This thread

Settle down lads.

Comment

Can`t really see the need for such a provoking thread after a win.
          QPR
          Best team in the world
          Sort of

Comment

It's a positive thread for positive people who take the long term view. The negative stuff that we've had to read day after day for months can go elsewhere. Each to their own.

Comment

Still think we are an average side that will struggle against the better teams in this division but everything I saw last night suggests the team is improving as a unit and it looks like stuff from the training ground is sinking in.

Onwards and upwards.

Comment

I agree with you on the whole, but it will only come back and haunt us if we lose the next match, Olly?
                QPR
                Best team in the world
                Sort of

Comment

Im sorry guys, im still not convinced.

I hate to be negative, but I still dont really enjoy watching the way we play and attendance falling shows im not the only one. I thought we were outplayed against Fulham and bar Smithies and the miss by Abraham at the end, it could have been a draw. It was a game of fine margins whereby we took our chance and they didnt.

Smithies for me is player of the season, and the best keeper I have seen at Loftus Road tbh. I think we lack in wingers tbh, washington works tirelessly but id hardly go as far to say hes showing he was worth the money. Agree I like the look Luongo and the polish number 7 in the middle. Sylla looks useless but then seems to have that knack of being in the right place at the right time so far, so cant fault the lad as hes effectively doing his job.

On another note, for me apart from the result, the joy was watching Lee Tomlin play. A throwback maverick in a way, who has a real football brain who hasnt been changed into a workhorse. Some of the touches and passes he made were exceptional. It cant help but make me hanker for the days of watching taarabt run the show when Warnock gave him that role

Comment

Originally posted by Jimmy Floyd Rabbit View Post
                    I agree mate. Feet firmly on the ground in my house.
                    Good result but one swallow does not make a summer

Comment

Originally posted by Shania View Post
                      Can`t really see the need for such a provoking thread after a win.
                      He hasn't posted this on a Fulham forum Shan.

Comment

Originally posted by Olly View Post
                        It's a positive thread for positive people who take the long term view. The negative stuff that we've had to read day after day for months can go elsewhere. Each to their own.
                        Nothing wrong with being positive, but if you think everything has been hunky dory then I'm afraid you've got your head in the sand. Some of us just need a bit more convincing. Very happy with last night, but let's not get carried away.

Comment

Originally posted by Bill View Post
                          I think we've had a few swallows already this season Bill (feel free to run with that guys), so perhaps we could call it the beginning of spring? Just as we approach winter. Bit of symmetry for you there. Nice thread Olly, we need some balance on here.

Comment

Originally posted by Bill View Post
                            Exactly Bill.

Comment

Originally posted by Tarbie View Post
                              The first paragraph is pretty much exactly how I feel. Whether Les is doing a good job or not, I'm still undecided.

What I've noticed about Jimmy is he doesn't make any knee jerk decisions. In fact his process of changing and improving things is the slowest I've ever seen in any football manager. Frustrating in that he won't change things quickly, even if the fans can see it is glaringly obvious. On the plus side, he does seem to have a habit of slowly building momentum, which in the Championship can actually work for you. How often do you see a team having a great 2nd half of the season and coming from nowhere to win the play-offs?

Personally, I really wish we were playing a better, more entertaining brand of football but I will get over that if we can start stringing some wins together and get in the mix for the play-offs.
                              Thank you Trarbie this has been my feeling for quite a while , like I've said don't just look at JFH I'm more concerned about LF I find this post way off beam
                              THE ### AND JIMMY APPRECHIATION THREAD ffs . JFH has been crucified match after match while others have ducked the abuse , I didn't go so can't say much , true theres been a fair bit of dross to put up with but if the team has done well the 1st person to get credit should be JFH

Comment

If we win 3 games on the trot then by all means create an appreciation thread - The reason there has been so many negative threads elsewhere is because there has been more than a fair share of negative, average performances.

If we had 3 wins in a row, followed by 1 loss, I would not create a negative thread - Put it that way.

Comment

Working...
                                X