The Les and Jimmy appreciation thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Les and Jimmy appreciation thread

A big thanks to Tony and Ruben for sticking with it and going for the new approach which is starting to pay off. This thread is for the guys on here who never doubted Les and Jimmy's intentions to get us up and running on the front foot after riding out the temporary teething setbacks. Us happy clappers will be contributing here to a positive outlook, rather than refraining from adding weight to negative headlines. All repentant D&G's are welcome

Ayfs!

Comment

So many positives and not even getting carried away about reaching the play offs cos if that happens it will be unbelievable.

Smithies best keeper since Seaman for me
      Mass looks a really special player.
      Sylla seems a real find and knows how to score.
      Borisyuk looks like he will be a real fans favourite.
      Perch playing well.
      Washington works his socks off and is looking real value for money.
      Shodipo is a kid from our youth who looks exciting.

Futures so bright we should all be wearing shades.

Comment

Think we should look at building the team around Luongo and not Chery as he does seem to be someone who could be a game changer for us.

Comment

Most Valuable Thread right here.

I can understand people's concerns but at the same time, the actual response has been nothing short of remarkably exaggerated. The extent to which fans think we're not performing is wayyyyyy too high compared to where we actually stand. 5 games unbeaten now, we've played 6 top half teams and only lost 2 times in those 6. Our next two matches are against the teams directly above us and we've just beaten the team directly above them. We have 9/16 home games remaining against currently bottom half sides which gives us a big chance of improving our record and we have an upcoming stretch of away fixtures where we can really bolster our already impressive away credentials.

We have (IMO) the best centre mid in the league, our Iniesta and he's only going to improve with time, we've got very solid wing options (arguably our best winger(s? jury still out on Yeni) wasn't even playing today and we still scored from wide) and we've now got 2 Strikers who can be extremely impactful and more importantly, they come into form when the other isn't as prolific and they are happy for each other to succeed. There's a strong team ethic and you can see it in the effort players are putting to cover each other. We have the best keeper at this level right now, a backline that has remained quite solid despite all the injuries, with 2 players (Ned and Caulker) having such remarkable consistency that they hold it together for us when it's crumbling around them. Players who were supposedly being played out of position are coming good in their new positions, namely Washington out wide and Ned in the middle. We have some good options in centre mid and as long as we don't get injuries, we've got a great pairing in Luongo and Borysuik, who has something of an incredible shot on him (But for a deflection, would have ripped the net today from range) and we finally have an academy that is starting to churn out players - Shodipo, Kakay, Hamalainen are already in and around the squad picture, Darnell Furlong is a prospect out on loan as well as Brandon Comley and hopefully Eze and a few others will come good from the current academy squad.

I know that one loss and people will return to business as usual, but for me, even with losses, we're setting the foundations for a club that we can be proud of in the future, on and off the pitch. A club that produces talent and one that hopefully will eventually be enough of a pull that all the talent we get won't just see us as a stepping stone, but will see us as the bigger thing at the end of their journey.
          "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

I'm going to have to build a QPR squad soon, thanks for the cards Nas.

Comment

Originally posted by Hardy View Post
              I'm going to have to build a QPR squad soon, thanks for the cards Nas.
              Haha love it mate, but I have to say, I'm already there mate... actually need to update it with new In Forms. Any Player who gets a Man of the Match in a win gets an in form in my sig
              "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Is JFH anywhere?

Comment

Originally posted by Hardy View Post
                  Is JFH anywhere?
                  Doesn't Seem Like it unfortunately mate.

Comment

We lost 0-6 at home this season. Delighted were a few unbeaten now and hopefully the penny has dropped for JFH tactically, especially at home but we still have a long way to go before I get down on bended knee and salute the coach.

Les is a different matter. Doing a fantastic job (Imo).

Comment

Les is doing a fantastic job, as is Hoos.

Comment

Bit of a cringey thread but delighted we managed to get a win, albeit only our second one at home.

Plenty of work to be done still so I won't start gushing quite yet.

Comment

Originally posted by Jimmy Floyd Rabbit View Post
                          Bit of a cringey thread but delighted we managed to get a win, albeit only our second one at home.

Plenty of work to be done still so I won't start gushing quite yet.
                          Knowing us we'll now go lose four more before our next win at home.

Fingers crossed that was a game changer... we'll done boys!

Comment

Originally posted by bakes8 View Post
                            We lost 0-6 at home this season. Delighted were a few unbeaten now and hopefully the penny has dropped for JFH tactically, especially at home but we still have a long way to go before I get down on bended knee and salute the coach.

Les is a different matter. Doing a fantastic job (Imo).
                            The first paragraph is pretty much exactly how I feel. Whether Les is doing a good job or not, I'm still undecided.

What I've noticed about Jimmy is he doesn't make any knee jerk decisions. In fact his process of changing and improving things is the slowest I've ever seen in any football manager. Frustrating in that he won't change things quickly, even if the fans can see it is glaringly obvious. On the plus side, he does seem to have a habit of slowly building momentum, which in the Championship can actually work for you. How often do you see a team having a great 2nd half of the season and coming from nowhere to win the play-offs?

Personally, I really wish we were playing a better, more entertaining brand of football but I will get over that if we can start stringing some wins together and get in the mix for the play-offs.

Comment

I should buy you a pint for starting this thread Olly.

Comment

Working...
                              X