No announcement yet.

MOTM Game 13: QPR v Bristol City

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ariel for me ....his control defensively of the midfield allowed other to shine....

Comment

Nas could you get 'ground covered' stats for the ones who covered the most by any chance mate?

Comment

I think it has to be Sylla. If it wasn't for his goal we would have had another draw and people would have looked at things completely differently.

Comment

Luongo was superb.

Thought Borysiuk was a class act in the middle and thought Gladwin had a decent game for such a long time out.
          Last edited by Shepherds Mush; 19-10-2016, 11:06 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by TimPR78 View Post
            Exactly, although Henry isn't quite as bad as some make out he has the ability to kill any forward momentum time after time, just as it looks as though we might break forward he gets the ball and it all stops, a pass back a pass to the side or he just keeps hold of the ball for far too long, the opposition have the time to regroup.......
            Henry is ok but the difference was that borysuik didn't need to do a complete 360 every time he got the ball and slow the game down to a walking pace..he did exactly what he needed to do..no fuss which is why nobody noticed him...he should be first choice for that position

Comment

QPR v Bristol City player ratings

By West London Sport 19/10/2016

QPR beat Bristol City at Loftus Road to record their first home win in the league since the opening day of the season. Here’s how we rated the players in their 1-0 victory.

Alex Smithies: 8
              Once again the Rangers keeper rescued his side when called upon, this time by producing a superb point-blank save to deny Bobby Reid three minutes before the all-important goal. His general performance was calm and assured.
              James Perch: 7
              Had a decent game at right-back despite some uncertain moments. Got forward well, especially in the second half.

Nedum Onuoha: 7
              Much more comfortable in the centre of defence, where he was strong and decisive throughout.

Steven Caulker: 7
              Needed to be tighter to his man in the first half but got better as the game progressed. Deserves credit for offering good cover to Niko Hamalainen when the youngster came on at left-back.

Joel Lynch: 5
              Was caused problems before going off injured just after the half-hour mark.

Tjaronn Chery: 7
              Embed from Getty Images

Operated mostly from the right and was again short of his best. That said, he was still involved in the key moments, not least the build up to the goal. His set-pieces, although inconsistent, did cause City problems.

Ariel Borysiuk: 8
              Played well in midfield, helping Rangers win the physical battle. His positional sense his excellent, his tackling rugged and reliable, and he had a decent attempt on goal too.

Jordan Cousins: 6
              Just back from injury, Cousins had to go off early in the second half with another problem. He was having a decent game.

Massimo Luongo: 8
              Brilliant stuff from the Australian, whose terrific cross for the goal was the highlight of another all-action display full of quality as well as hard work. He’s in great form at the moment.

Conor Washington: 7
              Embed from Getty Images

Full of endeavour and was unlucky not to score when his deflected shot hit the bar. His movement caused City major problems and he can be pleased with his performance.

Idrissa Sylla: 8
              Won it for Rangers with an emphatic finish – his third goal for QPR. And he deserved it for a committed display up front. Is prepared to work as hard as Sebastian Polter and adds a touch more pace and movement.

Niko Hamalainen: 6
              Found the going tough at times after coming on but has shown courage and resilience in his recent appearances for the first team.

Ben Gladwin: 7
              Made a positive difference after coming on for Cousins. Tried to make things happen and had one shot blocked, while another went wide.

Comment

Caulker for me. Several last ditch challenges, brought the ball out from the back and won 4 balls i think from attacking corners (will do better with them in time). Seems to be very hard on himself when he misplaces a pass though!
                Ned kept that Abraham very quiet.
                Mass was Mass. Excellent as usual.
                Washington was very good also.
                Borysiuk did Henry's job and more. Cracking shot on him as well.
                Sylla showing how to hold the ball up properly, and scoring a proper strikers goal!
                My old man never said be a Chelsea fan...

Comment

[QUOTE=Cjskinz;1573780] Borysiuk did Henry's job and more. Cracking shot on him as well.
                  QUOTE]

Ariel will score a screamer soon I think, had a couple of great strikes recently.
                  You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

smithies for me , but thought ned was good as well as washing powder , mass was class in the first half but faded

Comment

Washing Powder/? ��

Comment

Ref was very decent not one moan from me

Comment

Smithies for me.

That saved he pulled off just before we scored can only be described as world-class. It was a game changing moment too. Other than that he was faultless throughout. Best game I've seen him play for us.

It's incredible how we're blessed with two such outstanding keepers. I rate Ingram just as highly.

Comment

Originally posted by Stanley View Post
                            Smithies for me.

That saved he pulled off just before we scored can only be described as world-class. It was a game changing moment too. Other than that he was faultless throughout. Best game I've seen him play for us.

It's incredible how we're blessed with two such outstanding keepers. I rate Ingram just as highly.
                            This is exactly why clubs should be investing in high quality keepers. At the end of the day, I've seen a lot of people say that we've been lucky to get draws or wins and we've been saved by our keeper... but isn't that why you get a good keeper? And at this level, I see none better than Smithies.
                            "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

mass had a great game but so did smities was a tough choice for me mass just edges it
                              TWITTER
                              @alanfullerqpr

FACEBOOK
                              Alan Fuller

QPR IS MY LIFE.

Comment

Working...
                              X