Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MOTM Game 13: QPR v Bristol City

Please vote.

Mass for me. Player of the season thus far as well.
    Smithies
    14.29%
    Perch
    3.57%
    Onuoha
    0.00%
    Caulker
    7.14%
    Lynch
    0.00%
    Borysiuk
    3.57%
    Luongo
    64.29%
    Cousins
    0.00%
    Chery
    0.00%
    Washington
    0.00%
    Sylla
    7.14%
    Hamalainen (32)
    0.00%
    Gladwin (53)
    0.00%
    Polter (90)
    0.00%

Would've gone for Luongo , but went for smithies made 2 saves that kept us in the game when 0-0

Comment

By a country mile Massimo for me, followed by Smithies and Ned.
      "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Special mention for the referee tonight as well. Best ive seen all season and automatically goes to the top of my fave 'man in black book'.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post
          Special mention for the referee tonight as well. Best ive seen all season and automatically goes to the top of my fave 'man in black book'.
          2nd that, the only call he got wrong was when he booked their number 10 after Caulker fouled him outside the box, but I can live with that I suppose.

Comment

Originally posted by Hardy View Post
            2nd that, the only call he got wrong was when he booked their number 10 after Caulker fouled him outside the box, but I can live with that I suppose.
            Wasn't it Perch who did it? In any case, what I loved seeing in the highlights was Perch going up to the ref and saying that Tomlin shouldn't be booked. Very good show of fair play.
            "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Booked him for a dive didnt he. Ha ha.
              The fat chopra lookalike was their best and most dangerous player for me.

Comment

Everyone will see things differently because they are looking for different things, did Chery pass back sometimes, yes, but it was about ball retention and recycle the ball. Players not showing to feet or running the channels. Luongo I thought had a great start but did not keep that running and attacking defenders as much in second half but that was a great effort to chase that ball to get the cross on the byline for the goal. I'm a keeper and love keepers and dont think they get enough credit and yes it was a good stop but he did what was expected, make your self big and dont go down until late. Make striker take a decision. Also I thought Caulker was very good, like a new signing compared to previous seasons and his pace for a big bloke surprises me. He saved Onuha's bacon a number of his times with his pace and last ditch tackles. If he had managed to turn a ball in for a goal he would have got my MoM. I think if he keeps this up, a bigger club will come in for him. Sylla has a great kill ball touch on just about every part of his body and a great standing jump and has the making of 15-20 goals this season. Gladwin taking deadballs must be team orders but what he does in training did not appear last night. But Chery for me, setting up attacks,tackles, his harrying for 90 minutes, did he knock balls out yes, did he deliver to his man on a number of occasions yes and we were not able to get more from it.

As we all look for different things but it was 90 minute contribution for me that did it.
                Populus fui meus nomen , tamen meus nomen est non meus nomen

Comment

Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
                  By a country mile Massimo for me, followed by Smithies and Ned.
                  Ditto this. Massimo was class.

Ned was fantastic on the ball, brought it out from defence on a few occasions and picked out passes. Never ever have understood the "Nervous Ned" nickname at all, personally.

Also thought Perch played well.
                  You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post
                    Booked him for a dive didnt he. Ha ha.
                    The fat chopra lookalike was their best and most dangerous player for me.
                    For a porker the boy has tekkers. Very able player, but certainly carrying a bit of timber aint he

Comment

Mass for me as well, looked really sharp today and got things moving. Don't get me wrong Henry does some parts of the job really well however it was nice to see quicker flowing football without him, it wasn't a matter of him passing sideways or backwards killing any chance of forward momentum.

Comment

Originally posted by TimPR78 View Post
                        Mass for me as well, looked really sharp today and got things moving. Don't get me wrong Henry does some parts of the job really well however it was nice to see quicker flowing football without him, it wasn't a matter of him passing sideways or backwards killing any chance of forward momentum.
                        Ariel does Henry's job, and some. I am a big fan of him tbh.

Comment

Originally posted by MattyRangers View Post
                          Ariel does Henry's job, and some. I am a big fan of him tbh.
                          Agree, not very noticeable but that is because he was doing the right thing in the right place. Its as much what you do off the ball than on it.
                          Populus fui meus nomen , tamen meus nomen est non meus nomen

Comment

Mass. Makes us tick.

Comment

Exactly, although Henry isn't quite as bad as some make out he has the ability to kill any forward momentum time after time, just as it looks as though we might break forward he gets the ball and it all stops, a pass back a pass to the side or he just keeps hold of the ball for far too long, the opposition have the time to regroup.......

Comment

Working...
                              X