On way home

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• On way home

Well deserved win and a lot better than Saturdays fare especially in the second half, we started brightly with Louongo pulling the strings, half petered out a bit with very little chances at either end, A city player managed to curl a shot wide when it looked easier to score.

Second half was a much better performance,the ball was being moved much quicker going forward, and we scored a deserved winner on 75 minutes when a beaut of a cross from Louongo was swept into the net from the hardworking Sylla, well deserved for his hard work and hold up play.

MOTM for me was Perch, mainly because of the huge improvement from his dreadful game Saturday, made some great blocks and tackles and always looked to get forward, not perfect but much improved. Washington I thought had an excellant second half working his nuts of for the team, was desperately unlucky when a superb shot from 22 yards smashed off the bar.

Cousins was a big disappointment and looks very unfit, was ####ed after 30 mins, Chery was poor first half but better in the second, Ariel B looks like he will be a solid signing.
    Left back spot looks cursed at the moment with Lynch hobbling of again.
    Smithies pulled of a fantastic save when it looked odds on that there bloke would score.

Pleasing win as confidence at home is shaky, 1 point of the play offs !! what a funny league.

Cousins for Gladwon = Job done.

Comment

Cheers for the report Romford. Sounds like it was a deserved win tonight!

Such a weird league! Everyone has praised Bristol City for the start they have made and see them as real play off contenders and we including myself are dissatisfied with life under jfh but find ourselves now a point behind Bristol and I think 2 off a play off spot!

Comment

Couldn't make tonight and always look forward to romfords post. Mate belled and said similar, will Jimmy drop luongo for Wednesday this Saturday ? Think now he possibly knows he can't keep upsetting a balanced 11. A win at Wednesday could possibly push us in the play offs!! Kin mad league
        Ooh northern lads love gravy

Comment

Originally posted by vanhoop View Post
          Couldn't make tonight and always look forward to romfords post. Mate belled and said similar, will Jimmy drop luongo for Wednesday this Saturday ? Think now he possibly knows he can't keep upsetting a balanced 11. A win at Wednesday could possibly push us in the play offs!! Kin mad league
          Jimmy only drops luongo when there's an international break tbf.
          "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Originally posted by vanhoop View Post
            Mass never gets dropped mate. Only when hes been in the air flying for days on end.

Comment

Love Roms reports and very accurate

Comment

Romford is our best poster, level headed and has no favourites, thanks for update
                I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

FairPlay lads , easily our best player . On site early in morning with a painter and plasterer both Rangers , good day tomorrow !!!
                  Ooh northern lads love gravy

Comment

I've been very quick to moan due to the absolute rubbish we've had to endure this season, but I thought tonight's performance was really very good. Looked up for it from the start and make no mistake about it, apart from a couple of occasions, we were fairly solid without the ball and creative with it. 3-0 wouldn't have flattered us.

Still exhibiting a remarkable lack of quality, but in fairness, that can be easily forgiven when they put in that sort of effort and determination.

Comment

Perch was my MOTM too, was everywhere tonight, 2nd half the overlaps were going down his side and the right side players coped with that well. In the 5 mins injury time Perch slipped as the wide man tried to pass him, I'm sure he nearly dragged his shorts off as he was going down and got away with it no foul.

Comment

After a so so first half we we very good second half far more intent to win the game than in previous weeks, a great save from smithies. And much better performances all round Thought the young left back done very well although he got isolated at times Chery better, sylla a real handful, so much better than BFG, Washington good, stand out player 2nd half Luongo on the ball a lot helped drive the team forward and looked much better with sylla there to pass too than the BFG more mobile, great ball In for the goal and a good finish, a good all round move, so much better than what we've been used to lately, put them under pressure,JFH don't make too many changes Saturday,, IMO team better without Henry.?

Comment

Ned played well as did Nico,possibly Hall and Lynch getting injured is a blessing in disguise.Players playing in there right position. Cousins at the moment is ineffectual and seems to pull out of some tackles,obviously due to recent injury.
                          But Luongo was the difference between tonight and saturday. Plus Sylla had magnets on his chest. Incidentley, it was nice to see Poulter applaud Sylla's goal and Sylla running over to him.

Comment

Oh,I thought he went to JFH first, but good camaraderie is starting to show.

Comment

Cheers rom.
                              Couldn't make the game but it sounded like we played well on the player which is great. I'm not jfh's biggest fan atm but i'd love to be proved wrong and i can't fault the side he put out. What a difference dropping henry can make though!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X