Qpr V Bristol City Match Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by West Acton View Post
    To clarify is the above about Gladwin or Chery as that's a description of what he done
    Oh that's definitely Gladwin. Chery was our most involved player actually. Had about 80 first touches today and while he slowed things down at times, I thought he improved hugely in the second half when he was more free.
    "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

• Got to be Chery. Gladwin comes on and takes all deadballs and we were less potent. Chery was my MoM and Sylla has to start. Poses more questions of defenders and great foot race to get to turn ball in.
      Populus fui meus nomen , tamen meus nomen est non meus nomen

Comment

To clarify is the above about Gladwin or Chery as that's a description of what he done
        Did you 2 watch different games, the inconsistency on here is shocking
        I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

• Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
          Oh that's definitely Gladwin. Chery was our most involved player actually. Had about 80 first touches today and while he slowed things down at times, I thought he improved hugely in the second half when he was more free.
          Chery reminded me of Tom Carroll tonight but instead of passing backwards he just gets on ball and turns backwards. You slate Gladwin set piece but did Chery not hit two corners straight out of play for goal kicks and one straight out for a throw and rest barring two hit first man. Did he also not throw himself to the ground on half way line instead of being a man and chasing the ball which he probably would have beat keeper

No need to reply immediately i know your crawling up his a rse

Comment

• Originally posted by WeAreQPR12 View Post
            Did you 2 watch different games, the inconsistency on here is shocking
            I'm telling it as it is where as Nas is defending a position and view of a player. Set pieces were terrible and again, given he's the creative player, he created nothing

Comment

• Originally posted by The Leveller View Post
              Got to be Chery. Gladwin comes on and takes all deadballs and we were less potent. Chery was my MoM and Sylla has to start. Poses more questions of defenders and great foot race to get to turn ball in.
              Sylla is quality Levels he took one ball down on his chest with man in front and behind him looks a proper player

Comment

Sylla is quality Levels he took one ball down on his chest with man in front and behind him looks a proper player
                Chery was his motm. I don't like him either but sounds like he did the business tonight
                I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

Chery reminded me of Tom Carroll tonight but instead of passing backwards he just gets on ball and turns backwards. You slate Gladwin set piece but did Chery not hit two corners straight out of play for goal kicks and one straight out for a throw and rest barring two hit first man. Did he also not throw himself to the ground on half way line instead of being a man and chasing the ball which he probably would have beat keeper

No need to reply immediately i know your crawling up his a rse
                  He did hit two corners straight out but he also hit 3 absolute beautiful set pieces that should have gone on target from Sylla and Caulker (I think). That incident where he fell was a blatant push by someone much bigger than him and the ref had his back turned to it. You call it not being a man, I call it size difference. You say he created nothing but the goal was brought about by his tackle and ball to Luongo. I'd say that's a pretty big contribution. I'd also say he wasn't great overall in the first, but improved a lot in the second and was literally everywhere, made more impressive by the fact that he played a winger role that everyone seems to think he's right for, but he isn't at all fast enough for it. Better in the middle and he still played well. But please, keep saying you're "telling it as it is" when in fact you're just looking complaining about something that isn't even an issue.

If a player hits 5 corners straight out and delivers two that go in (or in this case, should be put away), I'd want him taking corners still, because when he hits them well, he hits them very well and we win enough corners that we can afford to miss a few and still do well.
                  "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

• Don't agree

Apologies for crawling comment was uncalled for

Comment

Don't agree

Apologies for crawling comment was uncalled for
                      Fair enough mate and no worries, it happens haha esp when we get emotional on here after a really good or really bad result.

Comment

• Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
                        Fair enough mate and no worries, it happens haha esp when we get emotional on here after a really good or really bad result.
                        We won we should rejoice

Very decent performance from the team more positives then negatives

Comment

We won we should rejoice

Very decent performance from the team more positives then negatives
                          Possesion
                          Home 51% Away 49%

Shots
                          Home 21 Away 12

Shots on Target
                          Home 5 Away 2

Corners
                          Home 12 Away 11

Fouls
                          Home 6 Away 7

Comment

• Very pleased we won. Didn't think we would based on how we played on Saturday. The game was notably more exciting and I think we fully deserved to win. It was a good team performance.

My hope now is that we can build on this, find form and keep winning. Next Saturday will be a big game for us. Wednesday at home will be a challenge and if we can get a point that would be a good result. COYR'sssss!

Comment

Working...
                            X