JFH Tactics on Saturday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
    I don't view the sport in terms of it being boring, to me, what we're doing now isn't boring, but I totally understand why to other it is. I love seeing how we're going to try to create an opportunity, I love watching the slow methodical part of the game as much as I love the high energy play that everyone wants. But it's all personal preference. I understand why JFH is trying to make us difficult to beat as opposed to going for the win. Based on historical statistics, a team is more likely to get more points by being difficult to beat than being more attacking. But at the same time, a fan will want to see regular attacking football and that's totally understandable too. I think it's just us having different interpretations of what is enjoyable.
    Sorry Nasser, but are you serious?
    Bottom line... BORING.

BORING BORING BORING. There is NO plan, there is NO methodical build up. There is NO trying to create opportunities.

It's just BORING.

I've never know any football fan to go to a match and not mind not being entertained, enjoying NOTHING happening whatsoever. You truly are a different type of human being and football fan if you enjoy this and would pay to watch it. We created nothing, we create nothing. The only good bit of play was the ball and the goal from Shodipo and Wzaolek, the only two players that looked like they would create something, and they got taken off...

Our tactic, is launch it forward, which creates Nothing and is not football.
    Last edited by West London is Rss; 17-10-2016, 01:41 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Bigdave View Post
      Nasser I admire your optimism fella, the glass is definitely half full with you.

Of all the people I know who go to games regularly not 1 of them has enjoyed watching since JFH took over' they say the football is as boring and dull as they have witnessed.

The majority on here are sick to the back teeth of his negative tactics.

yet you still bang the drum for Hasslebank. Very odd
      To be fair to nas all he has done is explain why JFH hasn't been able to regularly play the same team.

Comment

Originally posted by CroydonCaptainJack View Post
        To be fair to nas all he has done is explain why JFH hasn't been able to regularly play the same team.
        Yes and I wasn't having a dig at him he just always seems to see the positives when most dont.

As for JFH not being able to field the same side I was a little surprised to see Washington and Sylla on the bench after both scored in the last game. If both were fit and available for selection (apologies if I have missed anything regarding injuries or tired from internationals) then Washington at least should of started to give him confidence after a shaky start. Surely after scoring and by all accounts running his gonads off for the cause he would have deserved his place.

Shodipo is another who JFH drops far too regularly so it isn't all against him when not picking the same side.

Comment

It really is dull and boring to watch. What makes it worse is we actually have some decent and talented players but Jimmy is so set in his ways he won't change his set up. It's driving the fans away. I will despair tomorrow if I turn up and it's the same set up of one up top, two defensive holding midfielders and Karl Henry is playing.

Nasser you said on another thread the Newcastle performance was a blip and a one off. It wasn't. We played poorly that night the same way we have against Blackburn, Preston and Reading for example. Difference is Newcastle are a much better side on their day and that happened to be their day hence they gave us a Royal thumping. We are just fortunate the other teams we have played at home and been poor against are not like Newcastle on their day.

Comment

It will be the same setup tomorrow, as he seems to think we did all we could and had a right go at it on Saturday................

Expect Luongo to come back in.

Comment

Originally posted by Bigdave View Post
              Yes and I wasn't having a dig at him he just always seems to see the positives when most dont.

As for JFH not being able to field the same side I was a little surprised to see Washington and Sylla on the bench after both scored in the last game. If both were fit and available for selection (apologies if I have missed anything regarding injuries or tired from internationals) then Washington at least should of started to give him confidence after a shaky start. Surely after scoring and by all accounts running his gonads off for the cause he would have deserved his place.

Shodipo is another who JFH drops far too regularly so it isn't all against him when not picking the same side.
              I was surprised to see Washington and Sylla not start as well.

Comment

Originally posted by West London is Rss View Post
                It will be the same setup tomorrow, as he seems to think we did all we could and had a right go at it on Saturday................

Expect Luongo to come back in.
                Washington will come in for shodipo too i reckon. He doesnt seem to trust him to start away from home.

Comment

Originally posted by CroydonCaptainJack View Post
                  This happens with all teams and the manager has to adapt.

Comment

Originally posted by Hove Ranger View Post
                    Washington will come in for shodipo too i reckon. He doesnt seem to trust him to start away from home.
                    I think we're at home tomorrow.

Comment

Originally posted by jmelanie View Post
                      I think we're at home tomorrow.
                      oh yeah my bad.

Comment

Even when Olli was manager people who attended most maches discussed why players were played out of positon. Makes me think this is a classic QPR problem..
                        QPR
                        Best team in the world
                        Sort of

Comment

I don't have any coaching badges but surely it's simple... A player plays well, he keeps his place in the team?

JFH's philosophy seems to be the opposite - Washington scores his first goal of the season and benches him, and then brings him on and puts him out of position, knowing full well strikers need goals.

All started against Leeds - Shodipo was one of the best players out there, benched him for 2nd game.

Comment

Originally posted by Shania View Post
                            Even when Olli was manager people who attended most maches discussed why players were played out of positon. Makes me think this is a classic QPR problem..
                            I think fans of all teams discuss players being played out of position.

Comment

Sorry Nasser, but are you serious?
                              Bottom line... BORING.

BORING BORING BORING. There is NO plan, there is NO methodical build up. There is NO trying to create opportunities.

It's just BORING.

I've never know any football fan to go to a match and not mind not being entertained, enjoying NOTHING happening whatsoever. You truly are a different type of human being and football fan if you enjoy this and would pay to watch it. We created nothing, we create nothing. The only good bit of play was the ball and the goal from Shodipo and Wzaolek, the only two players that looked like they would create something, and they got taken off...

Our tactic, is launch it forward, which creates Nothing and is not football.
                              Shodipo didn't look like creating anything, did very very well with his goal but was limited otherwise, Wszolek being given a few minutes off the running just to renew the energy in the side.

And I do mind not being entertained, but I actually find this quite interesting and for me it's entertaining because I enjoy the slow build up play as I said. If you don't, which is the case for many, you won't find this interesting at all. But I do.
                              "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

I don't have any coaching badges but surely it's simple... A player plays well, he keeps his place in the team?

JFH's philosophy seems to be the opposite - Washington scores his first goal of the season and benches him, and then brings him on and puts him out of position, knowing full well strikers need goals.

All started against Leeds - Shodipo was one of the best players out there, benched him for 2nd game.
                                It's a policy of rotation. You don't need coaching badges to understand rotation.
                                "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Working...
                                X