JFH Tactics on Saturday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JFH Tactics on Saturday

Baffled and bored, like everyone else pretty much - Even more so by his comments afterwards saying 'we tried everything to win today'.

Didn't we have like 2 shots on target?

Anyway, my main points are:

1) Why are we starting with two holding midfielders and one up top at home - Borysiuk and Henry are like identical players who do the same job.

2) No-one was having a good game due to the non-creative tactics but why take off the two goal creaters and natural creative wingers Shodipo and Wzaolek, replacing them with two strikers, playing one on the wing (Washington) and another up to (Sylla), whilst shoving our supposed central attacking midfielder (Chery) onto the other wing and keeping our two holding midfielders on the pitch. If you put two strikers up top, you need two natural wingers to provide the crosses, basic stuff no?....

I fail to see how 'going for it' is keeping two holding midfielders on? I'm baffled as to how this bloke passed his coaching badges...

Originally posted by West London is Rss View Post
    Baffled and bored, like everyone else pretty much - Even more so by his comments afterwards saying 'we tried everything to win today'.

1) Why are we starting with two holding midfielders and one up top at home - Borysiuk and Henry are like identical players who do the same job.

2) No-one was having a good game due to the non-creative tactics but why take off the two goal creaters and natural creative wingers Shodipo and Wzaolek, replacing them with two strikers, playing one on the wing (Washington) and another up to (Sylla), whilst shoving our supposed central attacking midfielder (Chery) onto the other wing and keeping our two holding midfielders on the pitch. If you put two strikers up top, you need two natural wingers to provide the crosses, basic stuff no?....

I fail to see how 'going for it' is keeping two holding midfielders on? I'm baffled as to how this bloke passed his coaching badges...
    Would only disagree about Wszolek....was blowing out of his Rs after 60. Had to be pulled.

Comment

Smithies

Ned Caulker Lynch Bidwell

Borysiuk

Woz Chery Ngabakoto

Washington Sylla

Barring injuries, that should be the team most weeks IMO. It won't set the world on fire, but we'd consolidate our place in the division with it, and possibly play some stuff that wouldn't bore veryone to tears.

Comment

Originally posted by surrey_hoop View Post
        Smithies

Ned Caulker Lynch Bidwell

Borysiuk

Woz Chery Ngabakoto

Washington Sylla

Barring injuries, that should be the team most weeks IMO. It won't set the world on fire, but we'd consolidate our place in the division with it, and possibly play some stuff that wouldn't bore veryone to tears.
        But where has that Ngabkoto got to, he may be in the Bermuda Triangle with Sandro.

That's part of Jimmy's problem, he hardly ever plays a consistent team, so makes it very difficult for players to get to know each other and how they function together

Comment

Originally posted by THE CAT View Post
          But where has that Ngabkoto got to, he may be in the Bermuda Triangle with Sandro.

That's part of Jimmy's problem, he hardly ever plays a consistent team, so makes it very difficult for players to get to know each other and how they function together
          He's hardly been able to. Left back gets injured, Yeni's father passes away then he gets a training injury, Cousins gets a training injury, Borysuik got a training injury in preseason which kept him out, Luongo can't play after international breaks to 100%, Wszolek needed time to adapt but is probably going to be a regular from now, Polter picked up an injury, Hall had gotten sent off early on and then got injured, Lynch got an injury early on too. Really, the only players who we've been able to play regularly have been Onuoha, Smithies, Henry, Shodipo (although not to his full capacity when he plays two matches in short succession and he can't handle 90 minutes just yet) and Chery.
          "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

I tend to agree...Baffling at times ..Shopido who was quiet in the first half and beginning to find his feet in the 2nd gets taken off and replaced with a striker than plays left wing...chery having a stinker stays on ...second winger taken off and replaced by a striker who thrives on ?.....crosses but no one left to supply them...keeps on 2 holding midfielders...one who sits so deep he is practically in goal...that is not going for it. going for it would be taking a holding midfielder off for a striker...so henry for washington or sylla and then one of the wingers later if required or even going 3 at the back ..but hassle banks tactics by decimating the midfield practically handed the game to reading..who if they could have stayed on side would have scored a few more! 60% possession to the away side says it all!

Comment

Hardly any of us are coaches but it's so glaringly obvious its not working whatever system he is trying to implement.

We missed Luongo on Saturday massively, we also miss Cousins energy.

I appreciate Mass got back from international duty but surely he had 15 mins in the tank, and Borysiuk or Henry could of been replaced?

Comment

Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
                He's hardly been able to. Left back gets injured, Yeni's father passes away then he gets a training injury, Cousins gets a training injury, Borysuik got a training injury in preseason which kept him out, Luongo can't play after international breaks to 100%, Wszolek needed time to adapt but is probably going to be a regular from now, Polter picked up an injury, Hall had gotten sent off early on and then got injured, Lynch got an injury early on too. Really, the only players who we've been able to play regularly have been Onuoha, Smithies, Henry, Shodipo (although not to his full capacity when he plays two matches in short succession and he can't handle 90 minutes just yet) and Chery.
                Nasser I admire your optimism fella, the glass is definitely half full with you.

Of all the people I know who go to games regularly not 1 of them has enjoyed watching since JFH took over' they say the football is as boring and dull as they have witnessed.

The majority on here are sick to the back teeth of his negative tactics.

yet you still bang the drum for Hasslebank. Very odd

Comment

Originally posted by Bigdave View Post
                  Nasser I admire your optimism fella, the glass is definitely half full with you.

Of all the people I know who go to games regularly not 1 of them has enjoyed watching since JFH took over' they say the football is as boring and dull as they have witnessed.

#Hasslebaink

Comment

#Hasslebaink
                    How old are the posters who insist on swearing at almost every opportunity.
                    QPR
                    Best team in the world
                    Sort of

Comment

I have always been glass half full ...happy clapper ...call it what you will but into my 35th season as a regular and i am struggling to remember being as bored at a game as i have been this past few weeks...so negative how ever you dress it up ..you can play as many forwards as you want and still be negative...so defensive..inviting teams on to us all the time...no imagination ..ball hardly played on the floor except when going backwards...long balls up to a lone striker with no teammates within 10 yards of him

Comment

Originally posted by Bigdave View Post

I don't view the sport in terms of it being boring, to me, what we're doing now isn't boring, but I totally understand why to other it is. I love seeing how we're going to try to create an opportunity, I love watching the slow methodical part of the game as much as I love the high energy play that everyone wants. But it's all personal preference. I understand why JFH is trying to make us difficult to beat as opposed to going for the win. Based on historical statistics, a team is more likely to get more points by being difficult to beat than being more attacking. But at the same time, a fan will want to see regular attacking football and that's totally understandable too. I think it's just us having different interpretations of what is enjoyable.
                        "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

what system?????? there doesn't seem to be one 1 up front 2 people holding in midfield who go sideways and backwards no creativity, no plan A,B,C -Z , it just seems he's setting us up not to get beat and not doing too much attacking front

Comment

Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
                            I don't view the sport in terms of it being boring, to me, what we're doing now isn't boring, but I totally understand why to other it is. I love seeing how we're going to try to create an opportunity, I love watching the slow methodical part of the game as much as I love the high energy play that everyone wants. But it's all personal preference. I understand why JFH is trying to make us difficult to beat as opposed to going for the win. Based on historical statistics, a team is more likely to get more points by being difficult to beat than being more attacking. But at the same time, a fan will want to see regular attacking football and that's totally understandable too. I think it's just us having different interpretations of what is enjoyable.
                            I agree in a sense as I can see what JFH is trying to do with the slow build up but when you haven't got the players to do it well (IMO) it is just boring. LVG upset all the United fans with this tactic....JFH is sadly following suit.

Comment

Originally posted by Shepherds Mush View Post
                              I agree in a sense as I can see what JFH is trying to do with the slow build up but when you haven't got the players to do it well (IMO) it is just boring. LVG upset all the United fans with this tactic....JFH is sadly following suit.
                              I understand what you mean there totally, LVG wasn't as successful as he should have been though, look at mourinho, the very boring play that his team plays is something that gets results. That's what this sort of manager aspires to. LVG should have done what he did with Holland and actually play more attacking and just use his flair players. With us, it's more like mourinho's chelsea team a few years back. Once we get the formula right, I really do believe we'll see results. The issue is that when you play that style, if you don't get all the results spot on very quickly, you'll get fans turning on you. Fans afford managers time if they play attacking football. A manager playing attacking football but getting the same results right now for us would not be getting as much criticism and that's understandable. But I'm trying to look at it from my personal lens where I actually don't mind this type of football. So I am more inclined to give him time.

Comment

Working...
                              X