Skinhead documentary on bbc 4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Skinhead documentary on bbc 4

Don Letts doing a docu on the Skinhead movement , to be fair i thought old rasta mouse was going to do a hatchet job , but although there was glaring misses , it was a fair documentary in my opinion . Anyone else see it ? ( its on catch up btw )
    Rangers,Scooters ,Tunes and Trainers

Yeah just watched it. Thought it was pretty good. Didnt know very much about it before really as not my era. I dont think that look will ever fully go away, often see people wesring that style although I think similar to how the punk were seen i thr 70s it id now often posers that wear it.

Comment

the good thing about it was that it showed the whole scene ,not just the early 80s boneheads that everyone thinks of , for most of us that i know( not that i count myself as 100% skin ) we took the sharper elements (sharp with a small s ) and mixed it with Mod and Casual ,to just be a stylish ,working class look . We were never and still arn`t into the politics ,(on the scene at least )
      ive got a vespa painted in " last of the skinhead, decals " and i still occasionally get agg off black lads for it ! If i had the time i`d explain to them what the Trojan symbol on it means !
      Rangers,Scooters ,Tunes and Trainers

Comment

Originally posted by vespa View Post
        Don Letts doing a docu on the Skinhead movement , to be fair i thought old rasta mouse was going to do a hatchet job , but although there was glaring misses , it was a fair documentary in my opinion . Anyone else see it ? ( its on catch up btw )
        Thanks for that vespa... I want to watch that.

Comment

I remember our Headmaster putting a stop to the haircuts and that was in 1968. Apart from the Levi style of having your crotch annihilated it was a classic style
          I must away now, I can no longer tarry
          This morning's tempest I have to cross
          I must be guided without a stumble
          Into the arms I love the most

Comment

saw 3 old mates on the doc no longer with us , chris chubby henderson , chris rauh from ladbroke grove and terry felton

Comment

Mr clack was on there too , good few Rangers faces.
              Ooh northern lads love gravy

Comment

Originally posted by vanhoop View Post
                Mr clack was on there too , good few Rangers faces.
                Would that be J Clack ?

BTW did I ever mention Don Letts dog bit my Dad in the face ...........
                "Steve, do you think 25k is a good option when there are indications that within four years, new stadiums on average have increased attendances of 60%?
                For us that would mean around 29k."

QPR Richard 16-12-2013 10.08pm

Comment

Originally posted by NW_Hoopz View Post
                  Would that be J Clack ?

BTW did I ever mention Don Letts dog bit my Dad in the face ...........
                  Just see this , yes ndubz !! The very man himself.. hope your well mate!
                  Ooh northern lads love gravy

Comment

jim and pete , proper rangers fans

Comment

Working...
                    X