Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jimmy Floyd Rabbit View Post
    I haven't.

Seen us in a worse quality league, seen us in a worse state financially, but never seen such boring football in all my days. Literally week after week after week. Crap.

The discontent among fans & the empty seats tell you all you need to know IMO.

Comment

Surely TF LF and the rest of the board look around the ground and see what is happening?

Surely they must sit there and think how f ing boring this is.

Comment

I haven't.

Seen us in a worse quality league, seen us in a worse state financially, but never seen such boring football in all my days. Literally week after week after week. Crap.

I'd take boring football while we are trying to build something over the 2000/01 season any day of the week.

Comment

Originally posted by Bigdave View Post
          Surely TF LF and the rest of the board look around the ground and see what is happening?

Surely they must sit there and think how f ing boring this is.
          You'd think so wouldn't you, but Les will always plough on or it will again highlight his disastrous appointment, thus weakening his position. He must literally be praying for results and performances to take the heat off of himself.

Originally posted by Shepherds Mush View Post
          I'd take boring football while we are trying to build something over the 2000/01 season any day of the week.
          Not for me. If I've said it once I've said it a thousand times. I'd take losing entertaining football matches over winning, well in our instance drawing and losing boring ones. Winning is not the be all and end all for me believe it or not.

Comment

You'd think so wouldn't you, but Les will always plough on or it will again highlight his disastrous appointment, thus weakening his position. He must literally be praying for results and performances to take the heat off of himself.

Not for me. If I've said it once I've said it a thousand times. I'd take losing entertaining football matches over winning, well in our instance drawing and losing boring ones. Winning is not the be all and end all for me believe it or not.
            Just discussing this with a gooner mate, he said that playing well but not getting results also gets the fans agitated. He said that some of the banter in the crowd a season or so back was for Wenger t get the basics right and stop losing games they dominated. They wanted the ball in the net no matter how and not to try and score the greatest goal ever each game.

I suppose we are all different, me I'd like good performances and results but if I wanted that I should go to Barcelona. We all just want a bit of guile, organisation and goals which has to come to keep the fans interested.

The Leeds game gave us a bit of hope, pressing, solid and goals since then we have barely come close. What has gone wrong?
            I blew a lot on vodka and tonic, gambling and fags. Looking back, I think I overdid it on the tonic. - The one and only Stanley Bowles

Comment

Originally posted by Hertford Hoop View Post
              The Leeds game gave us a bit of hope, pressing, solid and goals since then we have barely come close. What has gone wrong?
              Mateeeee. Came out of that game thinking we were absolutely unreal.

Seemed it was a fluke one off & we peaked way to early.

Comment

Mateeeee. Came out of that game thinking we were absolutely unreal.
                So did I but also thought Leeds were absolute sh it

Comment

Originally posted by Bigdave View Post
                  So did I but also thought Leeds were absolute sh it
                  True

Comment

Crikey...how did you enjoy the drubbings at Gillingham and Wimbledon?

Given the choice of a tonking or a 1-1 draw I know what I'd take

Comment

Originally posted by Shepherds Mush View Post
                      Crikey...how did you enjoy the drubbings at Gillingham and Wimbledon?

Given the choice of a tonking or a 1-1 draw I know what I'd take
                      Think you missed the point but hey ho.

Comment

Think you missed the point but hey ho.
                        I can take entertaining losses but that season we were abysmal

Comment

Working...
                        X