Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jmelanie View Post
    with no ambition.
    This is what bothers me most. We have had ambition since Eccelestone and Briatore took over, but seems we have lost it this season.

Comment

Its all a bit like going to the dentist, you have to go but it nearly always hurts
      I blew a lot on vodka and tonic, gambling and fags. Looking back, I think I overdid it on the tonic. - The one and only Stanley Bowles

Comment

Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
        You think what you want, but you don't go around calling people deluded because they aren't negative about our chances. 4 points off the play offs and it only gets closer if we beat Bristol on Tuesday so I'm willing to take my chances and continue legitimately backing the team for promotion and I'd like to do it without being called deluded.
        I called you deluded because you are deluded. All of the facts are on my side of the argument too - we aren't scoring enough, we're conceding too many (which would explain the negative GD) and we can't win at home to save our lives (which any promotion push is built on). This team has virtually no chance of promotion whilst Ferdinand is buying the players and JFH is not motivating them to play to their potential, or worse still playing them completely out of position.

"4 points off the play offs...."

....and 6 points off the relegation spot. The definition of a mid table team.

Comment

Very telling B to C Block in S A stand nearly empty. That says a hell of a lot if that part of the ground is empty. The football is total shite and has been for the best part of a year. Really need to look very closely at things as 1 win in the league at home is a disgrace

Comment

[QUOTE=nasser95;[/QUOTE]

Tell me how many points you think we'll get out of this lot (which will take us through to Christmas). I think we'll get an average of a point a game if we're lucky:

Bristol City (H) - Draw
            Sheff Wed (A) - Loss
            Brentford (H) - Draw
            Nottm Forest (H) - Win
            Norwich (H) - Lose
            Ipswich (A) - Draw
            Wolves (H) - Win
            Rotherham (A) - Draw
            Derby (H) - Draw
            Aston Villa (H) - Loss
            Brighton (A) - Loss
            Wolves (A) - Draw

So like I say, deluded. We'll be lower mid-table with half the season gone.
            Last edited by surrey_hoop; 15-10-2016, 09:26 PM.

Comment

8-11 maximum

Comment

Originally posted by surrey_hoop View Post
                I called you deluded because you are deluded. All of the facts are on my side of the argument too - we aren't scoring enough, we're conceding too many (which would explain the negative GD) and we can't win at home to save our lives (which any promotion push is built on). This team has virtually no chance of promotion whilst Ferdinand is buying the players and JFH is not motivating them to play to their potential, or worse still playing them completely out of position.

"4 points off the play offs...."

....and 6 points off the relegation spot. The definition of a mid table team.
                Frankly, the negative goal difference is brought about by one poor game as we all know (that's a contextual fact and is more relevant than just using the raw number like you do). In our last 5 matches, the goal difference is 0, in our first 6, the goal difference is plus 3. The Newcastle match was the blip result wise.

First 6 matches - 5th for goals scored, 8th for least goals conceded. Last 5 Matches - 10th on scored, 12th on conceded so just above midtable there.

So as I said, that Newcastle result is the key blip that makes the whole thing look worse. Now, you can think what you want and I can't blame you for thinking that we won't go up, I can understand why you do. But again, if you don't mind, instead of using a derogatory way of describing me and the way I believe the season will pan out, how about we just agree to disagree.

Also, in your opinion, who today was played out of position? Because the only one I saw was Lynch and that is because he's covering for a lack of left backs.
                "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

You can't exclude games from a goal difference to make a point! Why not just exclude all the games we lost!

Comment

Originally posted by surrey_hoop View Post
                    Tell me how many points you think we'll get out of this lot (which will take us through to Christmas). I think we'll get an average of a point a game if we're lucky:

Bristol City (H) - Draw
                    Sheff Wed (A) - Loss
                    Brentford (H) - Draw
                    Nottm Forest (H) - Win
                    Norwich (H) - Lose
                    Ipswich (A) - Draw
                    Wolves (H) - Win
                    Rotherham (A) - Draw
                    Derby (H) - Draw
                    Aston Villa (H) - Loss
                    Brighton (A) - Loss
                    Wolves (A) - Draw

So like I say, deluded. We'll be lower mid-table with half the season gone.
                    Bristol City (H) - Win
                    Sheff Wed (A) - Draw
                    Brentford (H) - Win
                    Nottm Forest (H) - Win
                    Norwich (H) - Lose
                    Ipswich (A) - Win
                    Wolves (H) - Win
                    Rotherham (A) - Win
                    Derby (H) - Draw
                    Aston Villa (H) - Draw
                    Brighton (A) - Loss
                    Wolves (A) - Draw

22 points there, 1.83 per game, pretty decent and certainly not deluded.
                    "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

One statistic which unacceptable is 1 league win at home!

Comment

Originally posted by James1979 View Post
                        You can't exclude games from a goal difference to make a point! Why not just exclude all the games we lost!
                        The point was that it's a blip performance, we can exclude it to show that all round, in non ludicrous matches, the general consensus performance of the season isn't as bad.

Comment

Frankly, the negative goal difference is brought about by one poor game as we all know (that's a contextual fact and is more relevant than just using the raw number like you do). In our last 5 matches, the goal difference is 0, in our first 6, the goal difference is plus 3. The Newcastle match was the blip result wise.

First 6 matches - 5th for goals scored, 8th for least goals conceded. Last 5 Matches - 10th on scored, 12th on conceded so just above midtable there.

So as I said, that Newcastle result is the key blip that makes the whole thing look worse. Now, you can think what you want and I can't blame you for thinking that we won't go up, I can understand why you do. But again, if you don't mind, instead of using a derogatory way of describing me and the way I believe the season will pan out, how about we just agree to disagree.

Also, in your opinion, who today was played out of position? Because the only one I saw was Lynch and that is because he's covering for a lack of left backs.
                          "In our last 5 matches, the goal difference is 0, in our first 6, the goal difference is plus 3."

And 3 of those goals were penalties. Since they dried up, we've seen the real QPR. Swings and roundabouts.

"But again, if you don't mind, instead of using a derogatory way of describing me and the way I believe the season will pan out, how about we just agree to disagree."

Good luck finding anyone who agrees with you. I haven't read a single other comment from anyone else who thinks we can make the play-offs, and I don't think I will either.

In terms of players being played out of position....if you can't see the wood for the trees and want to use one outlier of an example in order to support your opinion, be my guest. I'm refering to the last year under JFH, not one game.

Comment

Originally posted by 1973 ranger View Post
                            One statistic which unacceptable is 1 league win at home!
                            3rd best away performance in the league too.

Comment

Nas, 1 league win so far does not make it a blip as #### poor against teams who scored less than the Geordies!!

Comment

Bristol City (H) - Win
                                Sheff Wed (A) - Draw
                                Brentford (H) - Win
                                Nottm Forest (H) - Win
                                Norwich (H) - Lose
                                Ipswich (A) - Win
                                Wolves (H) - Win
                                Rotherham (A) - Win
                                Derby (H) - Draw
                                Aston Villa (H) - Draw
                                Brighton (A) - Loss
                                Wolves (A) - Draw

22 points there, 1.83 per game, pretty decent and certainly not deluded.
                                You think we're only going to lose twice from now until Christmas??!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X