Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The General View Post
    Might go back to carp fishing again

Sitting on a cold river bank with 1 small bite in 9 hours is a bit more exciting.
    Nothing wrong with a bit of carp fishing mate im off for a 3 nighter in the morning

Comment

Brings back great memories in my single days of carping

Take away Chinese ..6pm. Cast rods out ..7pm ...First fish 9pm. Once caught 14 carp over 10 pound in 1 night and lost 3

Happy days

Comment

JFH wins one game and all things are luvvy duvvy with the board and owners, he can't do no wrong at the moment
        You Rsssssss

Comment

the 1st half today was some of the most dire football i've seen in years , the 2nd picked up a little but all this lumping the ball up field is boring

Comment

my brother rung up for me to pick him up at the station. He went with Paul, an ex-Hayes and regular with the LSA. He said you couldn't pay him to make the trek again. Sad, but there is a limit to the shocking football we now see at Rangers. I'm afraid Jimmy needs to get the boot, pronto
            Last edited by lymehoop; 15-10-2016, 08:36 PM.
            I must away now, I can no longer tarry
            This morning's tempest I have to cross
            I must be guided without a stumble
            Into the arms I love the most

Comment

Haven't posted on this site for ages, but I can only say that as passionate as I am about QPR, I have zero interest in watching this team play football. I have to admit that I did think JFH would be a success...hindsight has shown everyone that he simply inherited a good side at Burton that would've won promotion with or without him, and he used that false position to secure the Rangers job. His formations are bizarre at best, tactically he never seems to react during a game, and almost a year into his managerial tenure he still doesn't even know what his best 11 is. It also seems strange to me that Ramsey (who, don't get me wrong, was also useless) got a rough deal, whereas you just know they're going to give JFH longer than he deserves, as he's a big name in English football. The club from Fernandes down is utterly clueless in terms of the direction they wish to go in, and it just infuriates the life out of me. The only ones who have played their part over the last 5 years have been the fans, and they are being insulted with crazy ticket prices and 'Make Some Noise' initiatives. It's b ullshit.

Don't get me wrong, I never expected this squad to challenge for promotion (it'd be an absolute disaster if we achieved it), but this isn't a work in progress - we are no better know than we were under Ramsey, and we won't be any better next season if JFH is still there. Treading water would be a more appropriate term to describe this team and club.
              Last edited by surrey_hoop; 15-10-2016, 08:44 PM.

Comment

The rows of empty seats tell you all you want to know. But still the happy clappers defend him and this dross being served up.

Comment

Would you all take shocking football and win ?

Comment

Originally posted by jfish View Post
                    Would you all take shocking football and win ?
                    Personally, no I wouldn't. Winning obviously is the aim, but it can't be the be all and end all - at some point, you have to start entertaining the people who effectively pay your wages. i wouldn't take playing attacking football and losing either...a balance needs to be struck. Besides, it's nearly impossible to play poorly and win on a consistent basis, almost by definition.
                    Last edited by surrey_hoop; 15-10-2016, 08:52 PM.

Comment

I used to wake up on a match day feeling excited and nervous about the game. Now quite frankly I really don't care. We basically all know what is going to happen where we generally finish up with a bore draw, if the other team is any good we lose (and there are not too many good teams in this division) and occasionally if we are lucky, like against Fulham we win. The other thing which bothers me is, are the players with any potential going to want to stay here. Over the past few weeks Smithies has probably been one of the best players but is he going to want to stay with this boring predicable team with no ambition. The same for the two Poles who have the potential to do well.

Comment

Originally posted by surrey_hoop View Post
                        Personally, no I wouldn't. Winning obviously is the aim, but it can't be the be all and end all - at some point, you have to start entertaining the people who effectively pay your wages. i wouldn't take playing attacking football and losing either...a balance needs to be struck. Besides, it's nearly impossible to play poorly and win on a consistent basis, almost by definition.
                        The people that pay their wages? Yea, those are basically the Owners and league and TV sponsors. If we win matches, we get to the prem and we get crazy TV money. At that point, the money we as fans put in is minimal.
                        "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

I lost interest the Day JFH was given the job, despite being a supporter for 50 years.. To let Warnock go for another rookie manager was criminal. The good thing about losing interest is not having my weekend spoiled when they lose.I will also be carp fishing tomorrow night.

Comment

Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
                            The people that pay their wages? Yea, those are basically the Owners and league and TV sponsors. If we win matches, we get to the prem and we get crazy TV money. At that point, the money we as fans put in is minimal.
                            Do you think they'd continue to own the club / attract sponsors / televise games if the team was playing in front of empty seats every week? So yes, inadvertatntly at least, the fans do pay (or subsidise) the wages. Without supporters, you don't have a professional football club.

" If we win matches, we get to the prem and we get crazy TV money. At that point, the money we as fans put in is minimal."

Sounds easy when you post it on a forum board. This team has as close to no chance of promotion as is possible. You're completely deluded if you think this team will get anywhere close to promotion with the current setup in place.

Comment

Originally posted by spiderman View Post
                              I lost interest the Day JFH was given the job, despite being a supporter for 50 years.. To let Warnock go for another rookie manager was criminal. The good thing about losing interest is not having my weekend spoiled when they lose.I will also be carp fishing tomorrow night.
                              I'd bet my last pound that Cardiff will finish above us this season.

Comment

Originally posted by surrey_hoop View Post
                                Do you think they'd continue to own the club / attract sponsors / televise games if the team was playing in front of empty seats every week? So yes, inadvertatntly at least, the fans do pay (or subsidise) the wages. Without supporters, you don't have a professional football club.

" If we win matches, we get to the prem and we get crazy TV money. At that point, the money we as fans put in is minimal."

Sounds easy when you post it on a forum board. This team has as close to no chance of promotion as is possible. You're completely deluded if you think this team will get anywhere close to promotion with the current setup in place.
                                You think what you want, but you don't go around calling people deluded because they aren't negative about our chances. 4 points off the play offs and it only gets closer if we beat Bristol on Tuesday so I'm willing to take my chances and continue legitimately backing the team for promotion and I'd like to do it without being called deluded.
                                "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Working...
                                X