Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hal9thou View Post
    No sign of intelligent life from JFH.

I see other sides changing set up mid game, responding to onfield events in real time (Everton today being a recent example) and I look at us and I just think this plank has no idea whatsoever, not a clue.

Terrible appointment, zilch progress from a man initially appointed to surpass CR. I said after FFC we got lucky, the happy clappers wouldn't have it. But the truth is our GK can not keep us in the hunt every week. Smell the coffee and get rid of this buffoon.
    Right, because we didn't switch up today at all did we? No changing it to a 442 happened at all today right? Didn't bring on Sylla to partner Polter and Washington to do more on the left did we? Can't be serious if you think nothing changed tactically, plenty did. The issue (as I've said a million times before) is that if you play a 442, you have two people who can finish and you no longer have any real link between the midfield 4 and the attacking pair. Only way up is down the wings and with long balls, and unsurprisingly, people complain when we play long balls.

We got unlucky at times today, Polter could've scored from a corner and Wszolek hesitated when clean through on goal. Just because Smithies had to work too, doesn't mean we're getting lucky at all.
    "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Originally posted by guy.dunstan View Post
      Borysiuk was as bad as Tozer today, dont remember a single thing he contributed throughout the 90 mins. If we had started without him and played with 10 men it wouldnt have made a difference. Agree about Lynch, Smithies & Wszolek though.
      You must've missed the tackle he made that directly led to our goal.
      "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
        You must've missed the tackle he made that directly led to our goal.
        My apologise, he did contribute 1 thing in 90 mins! Well thats acceptable then?

Comment

Right, because we didn't switch up today at all did we? No changing it to a 442 happened at all today right? Didn't bring on Sylla to partner Polter and Washington to do more on the left did we? Can't be serious if you think nothing changed tactically, plenty did. The issue (as I've said a million times before) is that if you play a 442, you have two people who can finish and you no longer have any real link between the midfield 4 and the attacking pair. Only way up is down the wings and with long balls, and unsurprisingly, people complain when we play long balls.

We got unlucky at times today, Polter could've scored from a corner and Wszolek hesitated when clean through on goal. Just because Smithies had to work too, doesn't mean we're getting lucky at all.
          Statistics
          Possession QPR 44% Reading 56%
          Shots QPR 8 Reading 13
          On Target QPR 2 Reading 4
          Last edited by jmelanie; 15-10-2016, 09:04 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by jmelanie View Post
            Statistics
            Possession QPR 44% Reading 56%
            Shots 8 13
            On Target 2 4
            Continue to ignore the fact that I've always said raw statistics are bs, which they are and they don't tell the full story. If I have time, I'll do my write up tomorrow.

Comment

My apologise, he did contribute 1 thing in 90 mins! Well thats acceptable then?
              3 Tackles, a decent shot, couple blocks, clearances, interceptions and lots of running and breaking up play in general. I thought he did well but the midfield pairing of Henry and Borysuik is purely makeshift and does limit us due to the roles they like to take in the team. Doesn't put into disrepute their performances, but because of the fact that Luongo couldn't play a full 90 this week and on tuesday after the international break, we had to go with them to allow for a stronger midfield (hopefully) on Tuesday. If we can beat Bristol on Tuesday, the sacrifice today will definitely be worth it.

Comment

3 Tackles, a decent shot, couple blocks, clearances, interceptions and lots of running and breaking up play in general. I thought he did well but the midfield pairing of Henry and Borysuik is purely makeshift and does limit us due to the roles they like to take in the team. Doesn't put into disrepute their performances, but because of the fact that Luongo couldn't play a full 90 this week and on tuesday after the international break, we had to go with them to allow for a stronger midfield (hopefully) on Tuesday. If we can beat Bristol on Tuesday, the sacrifice today will definitely be worth it.
                What, as opposed to winning both?

Comment

Originally posted by brightonr View Post
                  What, as opposed to winning both?
                  Playing the same team within 3 days of each other probably won't get us the win. Obviously, there isn't any proof to suggest either way, but it's a safe suggestion to say that the players we let recover today (Luongo, Cousins, Yeni, Sylla) will get a chance on Tuesday and the fact that we were quite close to winning today suggests that we weren't far off getting it right with the rotation.

Comment

What are the chances of us beating a decent side like Bristol. We have won one game all season including playing some teams near the relegation zone. Besides JFH will be happy with a draw.

Comment

If you think his performance was acceptable today then maybe ive got it all wrong. And Luongo has still only had 2 or 3 decent games since joining the club, same as Borysiuk, just drifts out of the game for long periods.

Comment

Playing the same team within 3 days of each other probably won't get us the win. Obviously, there isn't any proof to suggest either way, but it's a safe suggestion to say that the players we let recover today (Luongo, Cousins, Yeni, Sylla) will get a chance on Tuesday and the fact that we were quite close to winning today suggests that we weren't far off getting it right with the rotation.
                        You really think we deserved to win and not Reading? We got a point due to smithies.

Comment

Quite close to winning today? Were you there? I was QUITE CLOSE to winning the lottery tonight, only needed 5 numbers.

Comment

Quite close to winning today? Were you there? I was QUITE CLOSE to winning the lottery tonight, only needed 5 numbers.
                            I was indeed there, as I always am for home games.

Comment

Just a question to the board, How many saves did Al Habsi make today?

Comment

Originally posted by James1979 View Post
                                You really think we deserved to win and not Reading? We got a point due to smithies.
                                I never said we deserved to win, I think a draw was fair, but I think we weren't far off winning, nor were Reading. It really could have gone either way.

Comment

Working...
                                X