JFH in the clear

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jmelanie View Post
    So do we know whether there is going to be an FA investigation?
    Chap from the telegraph on Sunday supplement said all footage with police and will then go to FA. However, wasn't sure whether that included footage of the clueless clown

Comment

If it's a criminal investigation I'm not sure JFH and especially the club should see the evidence at this stage? Just like any other criminal investigation, it has to be given to the Police if they have announced they will investigate?

To me it just seems that the club couldn't wait to announce that JFH was in the clear...

Comment

Originally posted by West London is Rss View Post
        If it's a criminal investigation I'm not sure JFH and especially the club should see the evidence at this stage? Just like any other criminal investigation, it has to be given to the Police if they have announced they will investigate?

To me it just seems that the club couldn't wait to announce that JFH was in the clear...
        Really not sure why they said anything. It would have been better to say nothing until everything was cleared up.

Comment

From the Daily Mail

The Telegraph referred to their earlier statement which said: "Telegraph Media Group said on 27 September that we would release to the FA the relevant transcripts of our investigation into football corruption.

"It remains our intention to do so. However, the police have asked to review this information first.

"The FA and the Premier League are aware of this."

This is in the article about QPR finishing their internal investigation, so why didn't the Club say something like we are still awaiting the review of the information given to the police and the information being released to the FA.

The BBC article says basically the same thing.

Comment

Originally posted by jmelanie View Post
            Really not sure why they said anything. It would have been better to say nothing until everything was cleared up.
            Qpr propaganda in full swing....

Comment

The club are backing Jimmy's version of events and the FA know what that means, lots of litigation, time to move on to the next event, Reading

Comment

Originally posted by Hardy View Post
                The club are backing Jimmy's version of events and the FA know what that means, lots of litigation, time to move on to the next event, Reading
                I don't think the FA know anymore than the club. Only police know what's going on

Comment

This is what I mean, the board COULDN'T WAIT to release the words 'we back Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink'.

Absolute farce if you ask me - England didn't have the full transcript about Sam, and neither did Barnsley about their assistant, but they both did the right thing.

This is no witch hunt against JFH, it's the principal of it all at the very least! It's not just coincidence JFH was chosen by the Telegraph for their investigation, surely!!

No smoke without fire and all that...

Comment

It's possible they trawled loads of managers and got nothing interesting from the others.

Comment

Originally posted by West London is Rss View Post
                      This is what I mean, the board COULDN'T WAIT to release the words 'we back Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink'.

Absolute farce if you ask me - England didn't have the full transcript about Sam, and neither did Barnsley about their assistant, but they both did the right thing.

This is no witch hunt against JFH, it's the principal of it all at the very least! It's not just coincidence JFH was chosen by the Telegraph for their investigation, surely!!

No smoke without fire and all that...
                      Being seen taking a bung in an envelope is very very different to the footage seen of JFH, hence why he was sacked and JFH wasn't ! You could not sack JFH on what we have seen thus far he would sue for unfair dismissal ! Glad you aren't running the club we would be out of business ;-) Footage of Sam was also far more conclusive than the footage of JFH, although I am fairly sure Sam wouldn't have been sacked had he still been at Sunderland, it was because he was England Manager, FA had to act hardline.

Comment

Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
                        Great post, but I can't wait for the JFH Out mob to look for as many ways to keep up their witch hunt.
                        Its not as much as an out mob or witch hunt, i for one would love to see him go on the grounds that we really could of got thumped at the fools didn't which has helped his cause and i honestly cant see us finishing any higher than we are now only lower as i don't think he's technically clever enough to be a success.

for me he's simply been a case of gets a decent wage and wanted a bit more. bit like give a mouse cheese he wants a saucer of milk with it.

Comment

Looking back at it now with the incredible hindsight all football fans are blessed with, I think it's all been overblown for the following reasons.

1) Managers are propositioned all the time with money offers for speeches, newspaper columns, articles, endorsements, advertising and anything else you can think of. So you go along to find out more.

2) He's gone to a meeting with an agent he knows, to meet someone he doesn't know, and not exactly knowing what it's all about. Maybe the agent doesn't know either.

3) As it's a trap, the reporter is dripping bits of information here and there, and it probably doesn't make too much sense at the time to take it all in.

3) He's responded to bits of the leaked clips, give a speech in China to a player investment firm, be an embassador,. He's looking to see if there's any silly money in it for him, there are a lot of silly people in football, including fans.

4) He may not be sure about the legality of it all, as the reporter is firing lots of info at him, but that's not a problem, as he can think about it and check it out later when he gets home.

5) To get away for the 3 days, he is asked about the team training sessions, so he says in an authoritative managers role, 'Oh I can give them the time off', when in reality, he will delegate it to the coaches if they need to train that weekend.

6) He asks for any money to be paid into his best account that will attract the least tax. Yes, he's going to declare it and pay tax on it, it's not Redknapp's Swiss bank account.

7) He tells them he is going to Google the firm as he has suspicions about their actual existence.

8) The Telegraph now realise their actual transcript is misleading and confusing and refuse to co-operate with legal teams.

9) QPR are embarrassed and angry by more bad publicity over misleading tabloid headlines. They know that the fans forums will be making 5 out of every 2+2 conspiracy theory they can think of.

10) QPR also know the fans will use this as an excuse to call for his sacking because of impatience over team results.

11) QPR investigate, tell Jimmy not to be caught out in public, and to keep a low profile in future.

12) Just another opinion, that might make sense.
                          Well done mate.

Comment

Looking back at it now with the incredible hindsight all football fans are blessed with, I think it's all been overblown for the following reasons.

1) Managers are propositioned all the time with money offers for speeches, newspaper columns, articles, endorsements, advertising and anything else you can think of. So you go along to find out more.

2) He's gone to a meeting with an agent he knows, to meet someone he doesn't know, and not exactly knowing what it's all about. Maybe the agent doesn't know either.

3) As it's a trap, the reporter is dripping bits of information here and there, and it probably doesn't make too much sense at the time to take it all in.

3) He's responded to bits of the leaked clips, give a speech in China to a player investment firm, be an embassador,. He's looking to see if there's any silly money in it for him, there are a lot of silly people in football, including fans.

4) He may not be sure about the legality of it all, as the reporter is firing lots of info at him, but that's not a problem, as he can think about it and check it out later when he gets home.

5) To get away for the 3 days, he is asked about the team training sessions, so he says in an authoritative managers role, 'Oh I can give them the time off', when in reality, he will delegate it to the coaches if they need to train that weekend.

6) He asks for any money to be paid into his best account that will attract the least tax. Yes, he's going to declare it and pay tax on it, it's not Redknapp's Swiss bank account.

7) He tells them he is going to Google the firm as he has suspicions about their actual existence.

8) The Telegraph now realise their actual transcript is misleading and confusing and refuse to co-operate with legal teams.

9) QPR are embarrassed and angry by more bad publicity over misleading tabloid headlines. They know that the fans forums will be making 5 out of every 2+2 conspiracy theory they can think of.

10) QPR also know the fans will use this as an excuse to call for his sacking because of impatience over team results.

11) QPR investigate, tell Jimmy not to be caught out in public, and to keep a low profile in future.

12) Just another opinion, that might make sense.
                            Agree totally ...but wonder why the Telegraph are holding back the video...seems a very reasonable request from the board to see it ...what have the Telegraph got to hide about the way they went about the sting and how they edited the video that the full footage would show. The Telegraph got big Sam and the guy at Barnsley who took £5k in a brown envelope, but other than that the whole thing was a jumped up noise about nothing.

If the club want rid of JFH they should do it on football grounds, not on the basis of some maliciously edited video and headlines that shows JFH doing little wrong. Have any of the people on here demanding JFH's sacking actually watched the video the Telegraph published?

Comment

Originally posted by amusant View Post
                              Agree totally ...but wonder why the Telegraph are holding back the video...seems a very reasonable request from the board to see it ...what have the Telegraph got to hide about the way they went about the sting and how they edited the video that the full footage would show. The Telegraph got big Sam and the guy at Barnsley who took £5k in a brown envelope, but other than that the whole thing was a jumped up noise about nothing.

If the club want rid of JFH they should do it on football grounds, not on the basis of some maliciously edited video and headlines that shows JFH doing little wrong. Have any of the people on here demanding JFH's sacking actually watched the video the Telegraph published?
                              I saw the video and read the article and was disgusted by it. I have just looked at the video again and reread the article and my opinion has not changed. If in fact what is in the article is true and the information has in fact been handed over to the police and is then going to be passed over to the FA then I can't see how he is going to stay at the club.

At the moment the whole thing is totally unsatisfactory. The only reason the club are backing him is because of lack of evidence. This doesn't actually mean they think he is innocent or guilty. Hopefully all the facts will come to light so a decision can be made one way or the other.

Comment

Originally posted by amusant View Post

They can't hand it over as it's with the police.

Comment

Working...
                                X