Clear All

Originally posted by dogsrrs View Post
    Stan you could throw in a bit greed but that's the way of privilege
    This.
    QPR
    Best team in the world
    Sort of

Comment

That doesn't explain him trying to get paid without paying (or paying little) tax.

There were also these comments

The discussion moved on to a football scout Hasselbaink knew in the Netherlands who spotted talented teenagers. The QPR boss said: “You need clubs, though. If you own a club then it’s easier to move the player.” He said to the scout: “He’s now like him [pointing to Mr McGarvey], on the wrong side. You know. The dodgy side. So yeah, so I help him out a little bit.”

Comment

Originally posted by jmelanie View Post
        That doesn't explain him trying to get paid without paying (or paying little) tax.

There were also these comments

The discussion moved on to a football scout Hasselbaink knew in the Netherlands who spotted talented teenagers. The QPR boss said: “You need clubs, though. If you own a club then it’s easier to move the player.” He said to the scout: “He’s now like him [pointing to Mr McGarvey], on the wrong side. You know. The dodgy side. So yeah, so I help him out a little bit.”
        So for the first line, this is not a job in the UK or for a UK based business and while it's not a good move for morality purposes, it's naive to suggest that no one else does that.

They tell him: we want the opportunity to give you a player; to which he says: give me a fu cking player; in a jokey manner, but follows up with, he has to be a good player.

The issue that the club can bring up is whether he was agreeing a deal detrimental to the future of the club. This was not that sort of deal. This was a personal deal, naive as that may be on his part to take (but was part of his contract) in which they suggested they could help out and he said as long as the help was legitimately beneficial to my club, I'll take it.
        "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
          I wouldn't really say greed, to be honest he was just negotiating. .
          Until the police report emerges and the full, unedited transcripts are made available none of us have a clue. It's that simple, and that is why the club were wrong to exonerate him or even comment prior to police findings. No comment pending further investigation should have been the line, and one which any press office worth his salt should have insisted on.

Comment

Originally posted by hal9thou View Post
            Until the police report emerges and the full, unedited transcripts are made available none of us have a clue. It's that simple, and that is why the club were wrong to exonerate him or even comment prior to police findings. No comment pending further investigation should have been the line, and one which any press office worth his salt should have insisted on.
            Spot on

Comment

Originally posted by hal9thou View Post
              Totally agree.

Comment

He is a simple ex- pro with an aloof persona who has coasted on the fortune of a Burton promotion and is making hay while the sun shines in Iceland at this time of year.

Comment

Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
                  So for the first line, this is not a job in the UK or for a UK based business and while it's not a good move for morality purposes, it's naive to suggest that no one else does that.

They tell him: we want the opportunity to give you a player; to which he says: give me a fu cking player; in a jokey manner, but follows up with, he has to be a good player.

The issue that the club can bring up is whether he was agreeing a deal detrimental to the future of the club. This was not that sort of deal. This was a personal deal, naive as that may be on his part to take (but was part of his contract) in which they suggested they could help out and he said as long as the help was legitimately beneficial to my club, I'll take it.
                  More than morally wrong Nasser mate. If Jimmy is UK Resident (which I suspect he would need to be as he must live more than 90 days a year in country) then his comment about reducing tax by being paid through the Netherlands is basically admission of tax evasion which is a criminal offence!

Comment

Working...
                  X