Good article on Chery

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by West London is Rss View Post
    When you consider Adel single handily took us up as well, winning games on his own - You have to ask yourself why isn't Chery doing that on a regular basis like Adel did, if he really is that good?
    Yes, he has won a few games here and there with a class free-kick or a good finish but he doesn't do it enough for me in a poor league like the Champ, to think of him as a prem player.
    No no no. Sorry West, I usually agree with most things you say but can't here. I'll always beg to differ when I see this. Sure, he was superb, magical even, and he won us a few games on his own, no doubt. But no way is it just down to him that we won the title that year. Without Kenny and our defence being as class as they were (25 clean sheets, which Adel had absolutely nothing to do with), without Shaun Derry and Clint Hill's leadership, without the calming presence of Helguson on the field, we'd have got nowhere near the title. The players around him in midfield did the dirty work that allowed him to play his game and shine for us. Our best player that season, for sure, no arguments there. But no way did he take us up single handedly.
    I realise that was slightly off topic lol, it just riles me a bit when people say it was all down to Adel.
    Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
    Pawel Wszolek - 6
    Luke Freeman - 6
    Matt Smith - 6
    Ebere Eze - 4
    Joel Lynch - 3
    Tomer Hemed - 3
    Toni Leistner - 2
    Massimo Luongo- 2
    Angel Rangel - 2
    Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
    Geoff Cameron - 1
    Aramide Oteh - 1
    Jake Bidwell - 1
    Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

Originally posted by Ginger Ninja View Post
      No no no. Sorry West, I usually agree with most things you say but can't here. I'll always beg to differ when I see this. Sure, he was superb, magical even, and he won us a few games on his own, no doubt. But no way is it just down to him that we won the title that year. Without Kenny and our defence being as class as they were (25 clean sheets, which Adel had absolutely nothing to do with), without Shaun Derry and Clint Hill's leadership, without the calming presence of Helguson on the field, we'd have got nowhere near the title. The players around him in midfield did the dirty work that allowed him to play his game and shine for us. Our best player that season, for sure, no arguments there. But no way did he take us up single handedly.
      I realise that was slightly off topic lol, it just riles me a bit when people say it was all down to Adel.
      What I meant was he single handily won us more than a fair share of points with his individual play that season. Chery hasn't reaaaalllyyyyyy done that, bar a decent free kick here of there.

On a separate note though about that side from 10/11 - Do we think we would have gone up without Adel in the team?

Comment

Originally posted by West London is Rss View Post
        What I meant was he single handily won us more than a fair share of points with his individual play that season. Chery hasn't reaaaalllyyyyyy done that, bar a decent free kick here of there.

On a separate note though about that side from 10/11 - Do we think we would have gone up without Adel in the team?
        Oh I see, in that case I agree that Chery hasn't done nearly as much as Adel did that season.
        I don't think we would've gone up without Adel. Firmly believe we would have been up there, though. In my previous post I outlined all the contributions from the rest of the squad, which were invaluable to say the least. But Adel provided that extra spark, that magic, that helped take us up. Taking his skill out of the equation, he scored 19 and assisted 12 (?), without his goals and assists I doubt we would've gone up.
        Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
        Pawel Wszolek - 6
        Luke Freeman - 6
        Matt Smith - 6
        Ebere Eze - 4
        Joel Lynch - 3
        Tomer Hemed - 3
        Toni Leistner - 2
        Massimo Luongo- 2
        Angel Rangel - 2
        Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2