Gawd damn awful

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gawd damn awful

not just our football but the National side too. Holland v. France awful, Chelsea with their one man up front awful, West Ham, Stoke, West Brom awful awful awful. Sky televised games with the exception of a couple awful. Thornbury and Soubry stuck up Eurofanatic birds awful
    I must away now, I can no longer tarry
    This morning's tempest I have to cross
    I must be guided without a stumble
    Into the arms I love the most

Not enough English players playing in the Prem and what's in there isn't good enough. Thank god for Brexit,

Comment

Originally posted by dave58 View Post
      Not enough English players playing in the Prem and what's in there isn't good enough. Thank god for Brexit,

Comment

Originally posted by dave58 View Post
        Whether this is a joke or not, there are 87 English players who have played at least 4 Matches for a Premier League side this season. Just over 4 players per team on average who have played a majority of their matches. 13 of the 25 best performing English players are playing for a top 7 side but more importantly, only 14 of the top 50 players so far this season have been English.

Different people will look at that in different ways but I see it as English players all round getting better experience playing with better players around them. The Premier League and the quality of football in it will be worse off without huge number of foreign players and young talent like Sterling, Kane, Alli, etc won't get the sort of quality experience they do now.

Sure other countries play more home grown players, but they benefit from the fact that their National sides all tend to play a game style that's very fluid and accommodating. I feel like the issue we've got here is that the National Side plays so differently from any club side that players have a hard time adapting to it.

But yea, I personally don't think Brexit will benefit the national side's chances of success.
        "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
          Whether this is a joke or not, there are 87 English players who have played at least 4 Matches for a Premier League side this season. Just over 4 players per team on average who have played a majority of their matches. 13 of the 25 best performing English players are playing for a top 7 side but more importantly, only 14 of the top 50 players so far this season have been English.

Different people will look at that in different ways but I see it as English players all round getting better experience playing with better players around them. The Premier League and the quality of football in it will be worse off without huge number of foreign players and young talent like Sterling, Kane, Alli, etc won't get the sort of quality experience they do now.

Sure other countries play more home grown players, but they benefit from the fact that their National sides all tend to play a game style that's very fluid and accommodating. I feel like the issue we've got here is that the National Side plays so differently from any club side that players have a hard time adapting to it.

But yea, I personally don't think Brexit will benefit the national side's chances of success.
          I think it was meant as tongue in cheek, but thanks for your analysis

Comment

Originally posted by Ed the Ball View Post
            I think it was meant as tongue in cheek, but thanks for your analysis
            As I said at the top, it probably was, but yea, just tried to get some discussion going about it, think it's an interesting topic.
            "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Working...
            X