No announcement yet.

How to pick a manager

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Had a quick look at the list of available managers, was drawn to Quim (on the 3rd page), but that has been a downfall of many men!

Comment

Originally posted by vanhoop View Post
      Watch Neil get the taffs up the league
      They can hardly go much further down....

Comment

Getting a team like Cardiff out of the relegation fight isn't exactly a difficult job given the quality they have available. Much easier to move 5 or 6 spots up the table from the bottom 3 than it is to move even 3 spaces up in the top 9.
        "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
          Getting a team like Cardiff out of the relegation fight isn't exactly a difficult job given the quality they have available.
          So much quality they are in the relegation places

Comment

Originally posted by Shepherds Mush View Post
            So much quality they are in the relegation places
            Their manager prior hadn't managed a team in 6 years and his previous record wasn't exactly super impressive, especially considering the leagues. For example, JFH had an incredibly better level at lower leagues and not even he's been having an amazing time at this level, Trollope was much worse at lower league level and just happened to be in the right place at the right time to get the job at Cardiff.
            "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Their manager prior hadn't managed a team in 6 years and his previous record wasn't exactly super impressive, especially considering the leagues. For example, JFH had an incredibly better level at lower leagues and not even he's been having an amazing time at this level, Trollope was much worse at lower league level and just happened to be in the right place at the right time to get the job at Cardiff.
              IMO the manager will be irrelevant - they have a pony squad

Comment

IMO the manager will be irrelevant - they have a pony squad
                I wouldn't agree with that personally, but that's just me. They kept 6 or 7 of their most regular players, added some good players over the summer but their formation didn't work at all for them, they aren't playing to their best ability because the manager decided to go 352 when they don't actually have particularly effective wingers. They're also basically using their best player in a position where he can't do anything useful either so that hasn't helped and that's down to the manager.

Comment

You ever thought of managing Nasser? - I mean other than ultimate team on FIFA in ya pants on a midweek afternoon?

Comment

Originally posted by West London is Rss View Post
                    You ever thought of managing Nasser? - I mean other than ultimate team on FIFA in ya pants on a midweek afternoon?
                    I've always wanted to run an academy in the middle east one day mate. That's my actual goal. Give people a platform who don't get the same opportunities to showcase their talents that we do here.

Also, considering I'm doing a masters in Mechanical engineering, I tend to only play ultimate team in the evenings mate.

Comment

I wouldn't agree with that personally, but that's just me. They kept 6 or 7 of their most regular players, added some good players over the summer but their formation didn't work at all for them, they aren't playing to their best ability because the manager decided to go 352 when they don't actually have particularly effective wingers. They're also basically using their best player in a position where he can't do anything useful either so that hasn't helped and that's down to the manager.
                      Good thing is we'll see won't we? I personally reckon they'll be bottom 6 by the end of the season because they have a poor squad. I'm guessing you'll say mid-table?

Comment

Good thing is we'll see won't we? I personally reckon they'll be bottom 6 by the end of the season because they have a poor squad. I'm guessing you'll say mid-table?
                        I'd say midtable or just below to be honest.

Comment

I've always wanted to run an academy in the middle east one day mate. That's my actual goal. Give people a platform who don't get the same opportunities to showcase their talents that we do here.

Also, considering I'm doing a masters in Mechanical engineering, I tend to only play ultimate team in the evenings mate.
                          You must use Cad software Nas ?
                          If you do mate could I pick your brains about a couple of things. I'm planning a career change and have a couple of questions about the software and comparable pc's etc.
                          I'll pm you if that's ok ?
                          Thanks in advance
                          “He'll regret it till his dying day, if ever he lives that long”
                          Will Danaher

Comment

Originally posted by Itsonlyagame View Post
                            You must use Cad software Nas ?
                            If you do mate could I pick your brains about a couple of things. I'm planning a career change and have a couple of questions about the software and comparable pc's etc.
                            I'll pm you if that's ok ?
                            Thanks in advance
                            Hit me with it mate, I use CATIA and just started on Ansys so that's my actual knowledge on CAD haha

Comment

Hit me with it mate, I use CATIA and just started on Ansys so that's my actual knowledge on CAD haha
                              That means nothing to me mate !
                              In a nutshell, is there a particular brand/model of lap top which works well with Cad.
                              I'm talking about Cad work used to prepare planning/design drawings for domestic works such as extensions.
                              Certainly not to design Twickenham's equivalent of the shard.
                              I'm talking mid range mid budget.

Apologies for deviating from the thread people, that is my only question !
                              “He'll regret it till his dying day, if ever he lives that long”
                              Will Danaher

Comment

Originally posted by Itsonlyagame View Post
                                That means nothing to me mate !
                                In a nutshell, is there a particular brand/model of lap top which works well with Cad.
                                I'm talking about Cad work used to prepare planning/design drawings for domestic works such as extensions.
                                Certainly not to design Twickenham's equivalent of the shard.
                                I'm talking mid range mid budget.

Apologies for deviating from the thread people, that is my only question !
                                Oh, I mean, I personally think the brand is irrelevant, as long as you have enough RAM so it can handle everything and a decent Intel Processor on the laptop, you should be in the clear. Look for anything with 8Gb ram or more and an Intel Quad Core Processor of any recent generation. Although my use of it is less domestic, more on parts design, but I'd imagine it shouldn't affect performance too much.

Comment

Working...
                                X