4 4 2? Chery on the LW?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 4 4 2? Chery on the LW?

I personally still want to see us implement this formation. I know its a pretty old school mentality but I'd love seeing two wingers and that little and large combo up front.

I wonder if one of the reasons we don't revert to this formation more often is the down to accommodating Chery in that number 10 position. He is our creative outlet but could he do a job on the left wing?

I'd love to see this starting 11 in the next game -

Smithies

Ned Caulker Hall Lynch

Yenni cousins luongo Chery

Sylla Washington

What do you guys think or do you prefer the 4 2 3 1 formation JFH loves to play every week no matter what!!!
    Last edited by maidstone_hoop; 07-10-2016, 10:00 AM.

Stick the Pole in right wing - but Jimmy has already said Chery would be wasted left side so won't happen

Comment

I'd put our flying Finn at left back, looked so good when he came on v foolham. Maybe Ariel for Cousins.... oh it's difficult being a manager!

Comment

442 - maybe at home. Definitely not away.

Comment

Originally posted by James1979 View Post
          442 - maybe at home. Definitely not away.
          I agree with that in some parts mate. I just wish JFH was more flexible with the formations I do think we have the players to make this formation work for us at different times during the year.

Comment

Didn't Chery play on the wing in Holland?

Comment

Originally posted by Shepherds Mush View Post
              Didn't Chery play on the wing in Holland?
              Unsure about Holland but he did for us before Fer left.

Comment

Originally posted by maidstone_hoop View Post
                I agree with that in some parts mate. I just wish JFH was more flexible with the formations I do think we have the players to make this formation work for us at different times during the year.
                I actually think it's. good thing that JFH sticks to his guns on tactics. He shouldn't change because fans demand 442. I just happen to think he's useless.

Comment

Jimmy has said on a few occasions that Chery is our most creative player and his best position is Number 10/CAM. He feels he is wasted on the wing

Comment

He also implied Chery is a liability defending and as soon as he goes on the wing the opposition right back is told to constantly attack him.

Comment

It doesn't have be one up it doesn't have to be two up but we do need to have the ability to be flexible as we was on Saturday in sw6 where Washington played wide as well as moving into the role of an inside forward to support our main striker that said we need to see that wasn't a one off fluke that we can't repeat .
                      But forget this number 10 being a midfielder he is an inside forward Stanley and Rodney both complete number 10s could never in a million years be called midfield players

Comment

What about a 442 diamond?

Smithies
                        Ned-Caulker-Hall-Lynch(Bidwell, when back)
                        Borysiuk
                        Yenni Pawel
                        Chery
                        Sylla Polter/Washington

Comment

Originally posted by Hoos Your Daddy View Post
                          What about a 442 diamond?

Smithies
                          Ned-Caulker-Hall-Lynch(Bidwell, when back)
                          Borysiuk
                          Yenni Pawel
                          Chery
                          Sylla Polter/Washington
                          Waste of a bunch of our CM, but if we need to go defensive for a game, we can go narrow diamond and switch the wingers with luongo and cousins.

Comment

To start off its better to have 4231 so we can play 2 wingers Yeni and the Pole with Conor and Shodipo itching to get on when they tire out.
                            That young Flying Finn needs to make the LB his own but dont think he should be a starter yet.
                            The 442 dont look like a good balance with the players we have.

Comment

We've been here so many times. Nothing changes. There are some real contenders for us bar 4231 and 442 but any sensible suggestion is just pissingin the wind.

At the risk of covering myself is urine I suggest 4-5-1 goes 4-3-3 ball won. That would be better at both ends of the park. Or 4-2-3-1 goes 4-2-1-3 ball won. Think the latter might get Paul Clement's vote if he was here as he should be, it was a crafty Mourhino variation...

Comment

Working...
                              X