Sandro off to China?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by amusant View Post
    Most people are saying he's better than Karl Henry...but I wouldn't think that's the measure for Champions League standard

Sandro signed a 3 year contract worth $6.9M ...allowing for the Brexit devaluations, that works out at round £35-40K per week
    Whats Brexit got to do with it, did we sign him and pay him using Euros?

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post
      Whats Brexit got to do with it, did we sign him and pay him using Euros?
      The pound weakened against most currencies following Brexit (I think is the point)

Comment

Originally posted by Shepherds Mush View Post
        The pound weakened against most currencies following Brexit (I think is the point)
        So does that make our wages any less? Mine aint gone down has yours?
        Honestly dont get it.

Comment

Anyway i would really love to know what player has cost us the most amount of money per time on the pitch.
          The Beast has got to be up there if you include the 9 million transfer fee.

Comment

Originally posted by skranger View Post
            You really don't like him Nas do you
            He didnt like conor washington either, choon changed lol
            http://soundcloud.com/pinkie2

Comment

Anyway i would really love to know what player has cost us the most amount of money per time on the pitch.
              The Beast has got to be up there if you include the 9 million transfer fee.
              Think SWP might be the one...Anyone know his transfer fee? Wages were probably some of the highest we have ever paid.

4128 minutes played according to whoscored.com

Around 60K per week I´d guess and we probably paid around 3,5 million quid for him. Thats around 15,5 million over 4 years.

Makes it around 3750 quid per minute played.
              Last edited by 1QPRDK; 05-10-2016, 10:40 AM.
              https://twitter.com/1qprdk

Comment

Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
                I just think that he's not as good as people think he is and his attitude stinks from what I've seen. You have to cover that up as a businessman of course and that's what JFH and them are doing when they talk, but you could see it when he was told that Niko was coming on against fulham. He threw is bib down and sat alone on a box next to the bench. He's one of the last remnants of the overpriced and overpaid era too, the last being Ned but to his credit at least he puts in the effort week in, week out and he's also a good player IMO.

But yea, Sandro gets too injured to be a legitimate asset and ends up taking a space in the squad that we don't need him to. Sell him for whatever we can and use the money for more long term investments.
                Cant disagree with the second paragraph. Not sure I agree with the first.

For starters, Sandro has always performed when he has been asked to play. Alright, he hasn't played as frequently as you'd want but he was injured when we signed him, it's not his fault he's had a ruptured ACL. Secondly, how would you feel if you were a Brazil international with nearly 20 caps who's played Champions League football that has ended up warming the bench at Championship level?

Anyway, I hope this story is true. For Sandro's sake and for ours. Better to have him off the wage bill although it's bound to be a tiny fee given he's surplus to requirements and out of contract next summer.

Comment

So does that make our wages any less? Mine aint gone down has yours?
                  Honestly dont get it.
                  Only if he is actually paid in Dollars (which I would very much doubt) would it make any difference

Comment

Originally posted by Jimmy Floyd Rabbit View Post
                    Point 1) Ever thought he might be slightly peeved at being left out while inferior players are picked ahead of him? Scores 2 then dropped? I'd be disappointed if he wasn't p*^%#* off.

Point 2) what hissy fit?

3) are you surprised he's blowing out his ar5e when he doesn't get to play? It's called match fitness if you weren't aware.
                    Exactly jimmy, if youve played the game as we are says you would understand why he got peeved about not being brought on especially how poor we was playing at the time! thats got nothing to do with a bad attitude, thats about wanting to play!
                    http://soundcloud.com/pinkie2

Comment

Originally posted by 1QPRDK View Post
                      Think SWP might be the one...Anyone know his transfer fee? Wages were probably some of the highest we have ever paid.
                      Yeah good shout.

Comment

That **** Cesar has to be up there surely? 24 games in 2 years on a 4 year contract...

Comment

4128 minutes played according to whoscored.com

Around 60K per week I´d guess and we probably paid around 3,5 million quid for him. Thats around 15,5 million over 4 years.

Makes it around 3750 quid per minute played.
                          Above is a preliminary calculation for SWP for you Kev

Comment

Reckon that could be beat DK mate,he played a lot more minutes than i thought.

Comment

That **** Cesar has to be up there surely? 24 games in 2 years on a 4 year contract...
                              I think without a doubt Julio Cesar has to be one of the worst returns on investment out of any player we've signed. Reported 70 bags a week, no doubt a huge sign on fee, played second fiddle to Rob Green for about half his time with us and no doubt had another pay off when he left the club by mutual consent after 18 months. Hopefully he wasn't paid up the full value of his contract (probably close to 15m quid) but I bet he cost us somewhere around 10m quid for his 24 appearances.

In my opinion he was a massively overrated player. A keeper who can't catch a cross is a big like a sports car that doesn't turn left or right........but then again people are still buying Ford Mustangs so maybe there is a market for it!

Comment

At 60k that would be around 6 million quid we paid. He played 2101 minutes. Thats around 2850 quid per minute. Will do Sandro in a moment.

Comment

Working...
                                X