Sandro off to China?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by stanistheman View Post
    There are two sides to every story, and I tend to agree with Jimmy's view.
    I think Sandro wants to play but is not being selected for reasons best known to JFH.
    And yes,he would be entitled to be miffed at being overlooked in favour of inferior players, just as Vargas was when overlooked at Palace in favour of SWP by Ramsey.
    Maybe there is a big appearance fee in his contract as JFR suggested? That would actually explain everything I think!

Comment

Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
      Agreed with this. If he wants to play, 1) Don't go around publicly talking about how you want to be in the prem this season and basically being public with your own transfer dealings, leave that to your agent to do one to one; 2) Don't get a hissy fit when you aren't picked for good reasons, 3) Don't look like you're dying after 60 minutes of legitimately not doing much, if any running other than to get into the box for corners. We've got no obligation or time to be in a situation where we know prior to a match that we're going to be forced into wasting a substitution.
      Originally posted by Tarbie View Post
      Maybe there is a big appearance fee in his contract as JFR suggested? That would actually explain everything I think!
      Then why play him in the League cup?
      Surely it would be better to save those appearances for games that matter i.e. the Championship.

Comment

Originally posted by stanistheman View Post
        Then why play him in the League cup?
        Surely it would be better to save those appearances for games that matter i.e. the Championship.
        Maybe it's only based on league appearances.

Comment

Originally posted by Tarbie View Post
          Maybe it's only based on league appearances.
          Makes sense, but who knows?
          https://twitter.com/1qprdk

Comment

Samba had apperance bonus in his contract on top of a basic 65k a week. 10 games triggered 250k bonus. 6 months later another 250k and the same for the length of his contract. If we have given Sandro a similar deal then the goons negotiating only hame themselves to blame.

Comment

I want the beast on the park as and when.
              I'd also like to see Jet sniffing hisarse looking for scraps when beast rampages.

I'd bet good money either of them would have a better return up front than either SP or CW (goals/minutes). God I hate JFH.

Comment

Originally posted by hal9thou View Post
                I want the beast on the park as and when.
                I'd also like to see Jet sniffing hisarse looking for scraps when beast rampages.

I'd bet good money either of them would have a better return up front than either SP or CW (goals/minutes). God I hate JFH.
                How many games has JET scored in?

Comment

Originally posted by Shepherds Mush View Post
                  How many games has JET scored in?
                  Scored in 3 games in the league and one cup game, that one cup game being 2 days after scoring his first and goal and both matches were against Southend Utd.

The goals were scored against teams currently in 17th place, 21st place and 22nd place. The other matches he started and didn't score include 3rd place, 20th place, 1st place, 4th place, 2nd place, 15th place. His second cup match against Watford he was hauled off after 66 minutes when his side were 1 nil down and they duly levelled 16 minutes later, before going on to win the match in extra time.

Methinks he's found his level.
                  "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Methinks he's found his level.
                    Unlike Poulter and Washington then.....

Your animus against Jet is not based on hard evidence. I don't think he's EPL by the way, but I think he's a more natural hitman and certainly a better footballer than 2/3rds of our strike force.

Comment

Unlike Poulter and Washington then.....

Your animus against Jet is not based on hard evidence. I don't think he's EPL by the way, but I think he's a more natural hitman and certainly a better footballer than 2/3rds of our strike force.
                      Right, because the above I posted isn't hard evidence... but opinion is?
                      "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

No, because he has a better striker rate for us (goals per minute) than the other two. Anyone who has even the slightest appreciation of the game knows that he's a better footballer than the other two, and that includes you. It's OK to admit JFH might have got something wrong.

Comment

No, because he has a better striker rate for us (goals per minute) than the other two. Anyone who has even the slightest appreciation of the game knows that he's a better footballer than the other two, and that includes you. It's OK to admit JFH might have got something wrong.
                          Ahh yes his goals per minute ratio... he only scored against Bolton and MK Dons for us in the league and against Yeovil and Carlisle in the cup... None of those teams are in the championship anymore... Playing for MK Dons at this level last season, he didn't score any goals. Didn't even get any assists. So for us alone (just to give him even more of a chance of matching Polter), his minutes per goal involvement is 176.

Polter meanwhile, has 9 goals for us and 7 assists in the league as well as winning penalties (and I'm pretty sure he's going to be credited with the Fulham goal). That gives him a minutes per goal involvement of 150.5.

So while you say that his goals per minute alone is better, which it is, it's goals against two relegated sides and two lower league sides. Just like the love in for Sandro because he scores against lower league teams in the cup, the assumption that JET is a better player than our other options is unfounded. He is exactly what his nickname dictates: "Swazzy Tekkers". His primary aim is to look good on the pitch, to look flashy and not to work hard.

We're both in agreement that Sylla is better than him too thankfully because that's pretty obvious to anyone with eyes. You'd say that Jimmy made a mistake keeping CW over him, but even I see why he did that. As much as I criticise CW as a striker, it's obvious the workrate he puts in and I assume he carries that over from training too. He's a hard worker and you can't fault him for that. Yes, he doesn't score goals, but he isn't a negative influence in the dressing room (not by being a bad person, as I'm sure Swazzy isn't, but by not putting in the effort) and to create the right dressing room dynamic, you need those players who put the team first.

I don't think CW will be a top half Championship player, but at least he could turn it around. JET won't. He's a top half League 1 Player and maybe can scrape bottom half championship with the right team.

And trying to bait out the idea that he's a more technical footballer than the others is not exactly true. He should just go into being an Freestyler and post videos on youtube. Might earn him a bit more dosh, not that he needs it.

Comment

so on youre basis its sandro as our top striker lol
                            http://soundcloud.com/pinkie2

Comment

Originally posted by Pinkie View Post
                              so on youre basis its sandro as our top striker lol
                              Where did you get that from? Your imagination is good, I'll give you that, but again, just like most of the time you post in response to me, your point is pointless and irrelevant.

Comment

Working...
                              X