3 Home games out of 4 next

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
    Progress was the word used. Being in the same position right now that we were last season but with better finances, younger squad, almost no deadweight is definitely progress. It's slow but we're developing and we have a squad that's growing together and a manager that is very intelligently integrating youth players from our own club.
    That's progress from the car crash we were in my book.

Comment

Originally posted by Itsonlyagame View Post
      Do you mind me asking why, after such a good start, you still wanted him gone ?
      I didn't say I wanted him gone after 2 games (first 2 we won),I did say I still expected us to finish midtable, I only called for Jimmy 's head after our record home defeat,this on the back of some very poor performances before that game .

Comment

I accept financially we are making good progress,on the pitch since Jimmy took over from CR ,I don't think we have improved at all,are Jimmy 's stats better than Ramsey 's ?

Comment

Tbf on jimmy he needed that win to probably save his job and we won so he now has the opportunitywith the home games to give the fans something to cheer about a win and a couple of draws will keep us a couple of points near the playoffs lets hope jimmy sees sence and starts taking more risks
          R's

Comment

Originally posted by SteveQPR1975 View Post
            Tbf on jimmy he needed that win to probably save his job and we won so he now has the opportunitywith the home games to give the fans something to cheer about a win and a couple of draws will keep us a couple of points near the playoffs lets hope jimmy sees sence and starts taking more risks
            Agree with you Steve.
            Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
            Pawel Wszolek - 6
            Luke Freeman - 6
            Matt Smith - 6
            Ebere Eze - 4
            Joel Lynch - 3
            Tomer Hemed - 3
            Toni Leistner - 2
            Massimo Luongo- 2
            Angel Rangel - 2
            Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
            Geoff Cameron - 1
            Aramide Oteh - 1
            Jake Bidwell - 1
            Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

Are we better off financially then? Or do you mean we are not spunking dough on #### anymore??

Comment

Originally posted by nanocopic View Post
                Disagree, same position as last season with far less.expensive players, a much lower wage bill and youngsters coming through. That for me is very good progress.
                A realist at last, we are not making progress on the pitch but the club is in the other ways you discribe'. And I suppose the board and some would call progress, but under this I hope you like I expect a few more years in the championship or maybe lower if they don't get a descent manager

Comment

Originally posted by Ginger Ninja View Post
                  It's not a lack of ambition, it's called taking our time!! Steady progress, not rushing it, is the way forward! Look what happened last time we bounced straight back into the Premier League? You argue that this means zero ambition, I'd argue that fans like yourself have zero patience.
                  Ive got patience, but to hear mid tables progress is unreal considering we were in the premier league twice in the last few years, im for these players we`ve signed, but think if you take youre eye offf the ball trying for promotion, it could be another 15 years down the road! we should be trying/going for it all the time, its not like this is a real quality hard league, also before this win we was down to 17th or 16th, so wouldnt get too carried away, still think jfh is the one holding us back & we do posess a good young squad, just the manager theres a question mark over for me!
                  http://soundcloud.com/pinkie2

Comment

Years ago I managed a young Indie rock band. They'd only been going 6 months - they were good - but their expectations were crazy! Why haven't we been offered a £50K publishing deal they said, when I got them a £10K deal for their first album, plus a single, plus a US support tour. Because you've got to do it step by step, I said. That's how it goes. You can't leap over the steps, there are no shortcuts, you've got to put the hours in. But what about the Chilli Peppers! they whinged, they've just got a massive deal with Warners! I could hardly believe what I was hearing. DO you know how long it took the Chilli Peppers before they got any kind of serious recognition and that deal? Six years. And you've been going 6 months.

But they had people in their ear and they were arrogant, egotistic little #######s (what bands aren't I guess) especially their singer, who thought he was really special (he was good tbf). And so, on the eve of recording their first single, they sacked me. Blew out the album deal and the US tour. ####ed me up for a day, then the next day I got a job renovating a basement flat in Notting Hill and so I moved on. Bumped into their guitarist four years later. So, I said, what happened to you? He looked embarrassed. Well, after two more years of trying, we finally went back to the same label you got us that deal with, and took what they offered, the same deal, but with less options. And then we screwed that up.... and now we've split up.
                    Last edited by Hubble; 03-10-2016, 10:41 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by dave58 View Post
                      A realist at last, we are not making progress on the pitch but the club is in the other ways you discribe'. And I suppose the board and some would call progress, but under this I hope you like I expect a few more years in the championship or maybe lower if they don't get a descent manager
                      Perfectly happy with that. I know there is a slight risk of relegation, still dont see it happening but I dont expect us to get promoted this season but willing to wait to have the team built well with youth and at a price we can afford.

Comment

Don't we already have a descent manager?

Comment

Originally posted by jmelanie View Post
                          No IMO I don't think so, and maybe quite a few more think the same, as you can tell by some of the threads on here, the football hasn't progressed at all under JFH

Comment

No IMO I don't think so, and maybe quite a few more think the same, as you can tell by some of the threads on here, the football hasn't progressed at all under JFH
                            Sorry the emphasis was on descent [sic].

Comment

Minimum 4 points should be the expectation from the 3 games.
                              Our home form is already bad enough as it is.

Comment

Originally posted by jmelanie View Post
                                Tres witty jmelanie

Comment

Working...
                                X