Defence

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bakes8 View Post
    Sorry mate u are letting ur personal feelings about a player cloud your judgement again.

If Sandro isn't head and shoulders our best central midfielder I'm a horses ass.

Neeeeeigh!
    He isn't our best, Luongo is by a country mile. It's not even a close battle.
    "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Big fan of Luongo but not our best midfielder by any distance as you put it as does not score enough goals to warrant such praise. Will say he could be our best player if played as a creative player further due to him being 2 footed.

Comment

Originally posted by 1973 ranger View Post
        Big fan of Luongo but not our best midfielder by any distance as you put it as does not score enough goals to warrant such praise. Will say he could be our best player if played as a creative player further due to him being 2 footed.
        He's a deep midfielder, not an attacking mid and not a striker. You can't judge him on his goalscoring, there are 4 players in front of him who should be judged on theirs.
        "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Nas whatever happened to the opinion that he should be able to adapt and play in various positions? You are of that opinion where CW is concerned why not with Luongo? Maybe yet another example of a love in with a player like Ale, Ned and Yeni. Modern midfielders are there to chip in with goals.

Comment

Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
            He's a deep midfielder, not an attacking mid and not a striker. You can't judge him on his goalscoring, there are 4 players in front of him who should be judged on theirs.
            He's not a deep midfielder. That's Henry. You need to watch the last two games back - Henry was behind him most of the game, sometimes even playing as sweeper.

Comment

He isn't our best, Luongo is by a country mile. It's not even a close battle.
              I'm sorry mate. That's just plain incorrect.

Hopefully Mas will develop into a Premier League player in time, but he's not there yet. Needs to add consistency and goalscoring/assists to his game.

Comment

Originally posted by Stanley View Post
                He's not a deep midfielder. That's Henry. You need to watch the last two games back - Henry was behind him most of the game, sometimes even playing as sweeper.
                Deep doesn't mean the deepest of the pair, it means he's playing as part of the CM pivot pair, not as a CAM.

Comment

Deep doesn't mean the deepest of the pair, it means he's playing as part of the CM pivot pair, not as a CAM.
                  IOW he's playing as a CM, not a DM.

Comment

I'd like to see Massimo and Sandro on the park instead of Massimo and Henry. Not all the time but definitely some of the time.

Comment

Originally posted by hal9thou View Post
                      I'd like to see Massimo and Sandro on the park instead of Massimo and Henry. Not all the time but definitely some of the time.
                      Personally would rather Ariel and Mass but that's because I don't think Ariel will shirk on his defensive job.

Comment

Personally would rather Ariel and Mass but that's because I don't think Ariel will shirk on his defensive job.
                        Definitely. Borysiuk looks the business IMO.

Comment

It depends on the circs, state of the game etc.

But the point about Scott Parker's dominance in the other thread is well made, allowed to boss the game despite our supposed HMFs and no Sandro ;)

Comment

Originally posted by hal9thou View Post
                            It depends on the circs, state of the game etc.

But the point about Scott Parker's dominance in the other thread is well made, allowed to boss the game despite our supposed HMFs and no Sandro ;)
                            But he didn't boss the game... at all. He played one or two decent balls in and that's about it for his contribution.

Comment

But he didn't boss the game... at all. He played one or two decent balls in and that's about it for his contribution.
                              I must've watched a different game.

Comment

Massive difference in the midfield when Parker went off.

Comment

Working...
                                X