No announcement yet.

Defence

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Same as Newcastle game our midfield was too deep and allowed an unmarked central midfielder to boss the game. Luongo and Boryborrocks for me.
    Both capable of forward passes. Henry tends to mark an area not a player.

Comment

Originally posted by davieqpr View Post
      Same as Newcastle game our midfield was too deep and allowed an unmarked central midfielder to boss the game. Luongo and Boryborrocks for me.
      Exactly. Luongo and Ariel / Sandro. I keep saying it because its a fact: we sit that bit deeper with Henry on the park because he patrols further back.

It is disturbing that defensively the Newcastle lesson was completely unlearned.

Comment

Originally posted by hal9thou View Post
        Exactly. Luongo and Ariel / Sandro. I keep saying it because its a fact: we sit that bit deeper with Henry on the park because he patrols further back.

It is disturbing that defensively the Newcastle lesson was completely unlearned.
        Totally agree. The failure to man mark someone when they are clearly having a training game is beyond me.

Comment

Originally posted by davieqpr View Post
          Henry was so valuable against Fulham because he basically covers anyone in defence who needs it. When you're going to a place where counter attacking is a problem, Henry is actually a really good option.
          "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

I read on twitter yhat Henry has started every single game we have won in the league this season.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post
              I read on twitter yhat Henry has started every single game we have won in the league this season.
              Kev kev kev whay ya doing mate?.. dont be saying stuff like that on here!....
              SIR LESLIE FERDINAND!!

Comment

Working...
              X