Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Defence

Surely if we put Sandro in front on the back four we would stop
    shipping goals...is this not the obvious thing to do and put Henry on the bench

Similar to Mackalaylie at Chelsea

spelling not good today sorry.

Might work for an hour.

Comment

Think what really shone yesterday is they perhaps we do need two holding although many have argued we dont

With only one we looked very open yesterday but then again we did appear to be playing very high

Comment

Originally posted by CroydonCaptainJack View Post
        Might work for an hour.
        It still wouldn't because Sandro doesn't like defending for that 60 minutes.

Henry was great doing his job yesterday but he does need Caulker to just stay back at times.
        "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
          Think what really shone yesterday is they perhaps we do need two holding although many have argued we dont
          Henry tends to play deeper than Mass tho Westy, so it's more like just one holding player.

Comment

Rather have Ariel or Jordon partnering Mass. Sandro I dont think is fit enough for the pace of games.

Comment

Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
              It still wouldn't because Sandro doesn't like defending for that 60 minutes.

Henry was great doing his job yesterday but he does need Caulker to just stay back at times.
              Caulker is following team orders? He goes forward quite a few games

Comment

Originally posted by Hardy View Post
                Caulker is following team orders? He goes forward quite a few games
                He's done that his entire career to be fair.
                "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

He's done that his entire career to be fair.
                  yup and no problem with that as long as someone covers.

Sandro may not be a 90m player but he could and should be used more.

Comment

Originally posted by hal9thou View Post
                    Agreed, and the only reason he's not a 90m player is because he's hardly played. No player would be if they lack the game time.

Comment

yup and no problem with that as long as someone covers.

Sandro literally does zero covering. He stands in the centre circle and hopes people run straight at him, otherwise he does nothing until we get a corner or we're attacking.

Comment

re defence.

We got over run vs FFC at times, they were queuing up especially from wide on the edge of the box, just watched it again. We set out to contain first and foremost under JFH but to be honest we aren't doing it. We've improved going forward but something isn't right at the back, too narrow and often too deep meaning we don't pick up late arriving AMFs.

Straight 4-5-1 their ball to sort this problem out, works with 4-2-3-1 (or the more attacking 4-2-1-3 on the break).

Comment

Sandro literally does zero covering. He stands in the centre circle and hopes people run straight at him, otherwise he does nothing until we get a corner or we're attacking.
                          He's useful when we're chasing a goal, he sits higher up the park, and sees a pass way before almost all the rest of them. I'd use him as and when.

Comment

He's useful when we're chasing a goal, he sits higher up the park, and sees a pass way before almost all the rest of them. I'd use him as and when.
                            But for the role you're asking him to do, I'd say we have better options. Firstly, if we're talking covering, Ariel is better for sure. If we're talking attacking, We have the wingers, chery will generally be on and Shodipo won't be starting but should be a definite off the bench if we're chasing. His passing isn't even that great, he was the worst passer from midfield in the premier league the last time we were there. We aren't even a team that tries to create through the middle because of the height advantage we tend to pose so putting him in would be counter-intuitive IMO.

Comment

But for the role you're asking him to do, I'd say we have better options. Firstly, if we're talking covering, Ariel is better for sure. If we're talking attacking, We have the wingers, chery will generally be on and Shodipo won't be starting but should be a definite off the bench if we're chasing. His passing isn't even that great, he was the worst passer from midfield in the premier league the last time we were there. We aren't even a team that tries to create through the middle because of the height advantage we tend to pose so putting him in would be counter-intuitive IMO.
                              Sorry mate u are letting ur personal feelings about a player cloud your judgement again.

If Sandro isn't head and shoulders our best central midfielder I'm a horses ass.

Neeeeeigh!

Comment

Working...
                              X