No announcement yet.

Massimo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

some of the best midfielders of all time barely scored too.

don't think mass is the best CM in the league anyway, but he does have the potential to be ... atm though i think hourihane is the best CM in the league, hes doing a great job for them so far

Comment

Some of the best defensive mids barely scored. Not sure is agree that this can apply to others. Who've you got in mind?

Comment

Emmanuel petit 16 in 385 games

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Emmanuel_Petit

Comment

Defensive midfielder no? Nothing like luongo as a player

Comment

He's magic you know......Massimo Luongo

Comment

Originally posted by James1979 View Post
              Some of the best defensive mids barely scored. Not sure is agree that this can apply to others. Who've you got in mind?
              xabi alonso is one and xavi and iniesta never really scored much about from a season or two.

then you've got guys who had respectable careers who barely scored too like modric, nicky butt and tony hibbert. just a list off the top of my head but there's probably a fair few others

Comment

Originally posted by corbray View Post
                xabi alonso is one and xavi and iniesta never really scored much about from a season or two.

then you've got guys who had respectable careers who barely scored too like modric, nicky butt and tony hibbert. just a list off the top of my head but there's probably a fair few others
                Tony Hibbert the right back?

Comment

Tony Hibbert > Luka Modric

Comment

Originally posted by Shepherds Mush View Post
                    Tony Hibbert the right back?
                    my bad i meant leon osman haha

Comment

In any case, the point is that I don't think a centre midfield will be remembered for being a goalscorer. He'll be remembered for his tackling, his movement, his passing and his intelligence on the pitch. For me, Mass has all those attributes and is very consistent at applying them. No, he doesn't score for us, but that doesn't make him a less effective midfielder. For me, IMO and any other way I can put across that it's my opinion, Mass is the only midfielder in the league to display those attributes in abudance on a regular basis, even if he doesn't score as much as Hourihane or Shelvey, he's more well rounded than they are and that's what makes a centre mid quality.
                      "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

And is very consistent in applying them ,. Give over for Christ sake he is a player you see that does something and you think oh well played then for a long period you forget he is there mind that applies to all our recent signings

Comment

How anyone can expect goalscoring to be Massimo's main aim when he plays primarily as a holding midfielder is beyond me. He's been top class for us so far this season and imo should be our first choice CM. Not overly sure what Sandro has done to deserve the title of best CM at the club? Because he's Brazilian? Or because he scored v Rochdale and Sunderland in the cup? Genuine question, because if he wanted to play, he would be.
                          Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
                          Pawel Wszolek - 6
                          Luke Freeman - 6
                          Matt Smith - 6
                          Ebere Eze - 4
                          Joel Lynch - 3
                          Tomer Hemed - 3
                          Toni Leistner - 2
                          Massimo Luongo- 2
                          Angel Rangel - 2
                          Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
                          Geoff Cameron - 1
                          Aramide Oteh - 1
                          Jake Bidwell - 1
                          Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

Originally posted by dogsrrs View Post
                            And is very consistent in applying them ,. Give over for Christ sake he is a player you see that does something and you think oh well played then for a long period you forget he is there mind that applies to all our recent signings
                            Again, his off the ball work and his ball winning ability is what makes him special alongside his movement with the ball. But whatever, who would you say is our best and the best in this league?
                            "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Simon barker (33 in 315) and Ian Holloway (4 in 147) both played the roll for us, often with little credit.

Neither of them scored many but both were vital.

Comment

Originally posted by Awin View Post
                                Simon barker (33 in 315) and Ian Holloway (4 in 147) both played the roll for us, often with little credit.

Neither of them scored many but both were vital.
                                Little credit??? Did you miss the entire 1990's. Both were wonderful servants for the club, and treated as such.

Comment

Working...
                                X