Video vs Fulham

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by loftbalcony View Post
    So we're we lucky, yes, did we fluke a win? No we worked bloody hard for the points a got them with a little luck.
    Have to agree. We were carved open a lot but all in all we dug in and got a well fought win. Personally think we deserve some luck going our way for once as well.

Comment

Anyone notice that Polter tried to claim Conor's goal ?

Comment

Originally posted by Hitman34 View Post
        Hey stat man. Going by reports, radio commentry and shot stats only, we were absolutly murdered i reckon.
        But acording to acts and a couple of others, i was wrong with my assumption.

Could you post up a full list of stats for todays game on this thread please, including posession, shots, areas of play, passes etc etc.

Many thanks.
        Watched the whole 90 on QPR player - we were nowhere near 'murdered' - they had dominant spells - we had dominant spells.For sure they cut through us several times especially on the counter due to our high line, but they didn't put their chances away, and crucially, we did. There were times when we definitely had the upper hand, pretty much most of the last 15 minutes for example, until extra time. Twice the comms said they thought it would be backs to the walls for QPR after the fulham equalizer, but actually Rangers often looked the more likely in the second half and credit to us for that. We had a fair number of chances as well, but if you only watched the highlights, you wouldn't know it. Our second goal was a brilliant team effort. We rode our luck, we won. Seems to me plenty see the game how they want to see it, depending upon their personal agenda. Personally, I'll take that fantastic win and move on to the next feeling confident.

Oh, and what about Caulker's backheeled clearance off the line? Pure class!

Comment

Originally posted by Hubble View Post
          Watched the whole 90 on QPR player - we were nowhere near 'murdered' - they had dominant spells - we had dominant spells.For sure they cut through us several times especially on the counter due to our high line, but they didn't put their chances away, and crucially, we did. There were times when we definitely had the upper hand, pretty much most of the last 15 minutes for example, until extra time. Twice the comms said they thought it would be backs to the walls for QPR after the fulham equalizer, but actually Rangers often looked the more likely in the second half and credit to us for that. We had a fair number of chances as well, but if you only watched the highlights, you wouldn't know it. Our second goal was a brilliant team effort. We rode our luck, we won. Seems to me plenty see the game how they want to see it, depending upon their personal agenda. Personally, I'll take that fantastic win and move on to the next feeling confident.

Comment

Made a big difference when Scott Parker went off.

Comment

Watched the whole 90 on QPR player - we were nowhere near 'murdered'
              They missed an open goal, missed 2 penalties, hit the woodwork twice and had a shot saved off the line. Had nearly twice the amount of shots we had and more possession.

On another day we would have been beaten out of sight - another Newcastle at home. Fortunately Saturday was "our day"

Comment

Originally posted by Shepherds Mush View Post
                They missed an open goal, missed 2 penalties, hit the woodwork twice and had a shot saved off the line. Had nearly twice the amount of shots we had and more possession.

On another day we would have been beaten out of sight - another Newcastle at home. Fortunately Saturday was "our day"
                Not our fault they aint good enough to take their chances....we were.
                Football is a game of attacking and defending, our attacks gained 2 our defence made them miss a hat full simple.

Comment

We missed near enough an open goal, hit shots straight at the keeper, should have had at least one penalty. We had one more shot on target than them and they barely had more possession than us.

As for the Parker thing, if people want to think that his sub changed the game, which it didn't; how many times has JFH been criticised here for making a wrong sub (or not making one)? When he sees that a manager has made a change and he's reacted to that by pushing us forward, why is it that he doesn't get praise for that? JFH saw what was happening and made the perfect changes to win us the match. It's not a match we were near being murdered in and if we're gonna talk about them scoring more goals, we have to say that we would have as well. The full 90 minutes proves that.
                  "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
                    We missed near enough an open goal, hit shots straight at the keeper, should have had at least one penalty. We had one more shot on target than them and they barely had more possession than us.

As for the Parker thing, if people want to think that his sub changed the game, which it didn't; how many times has JFH been criticised here for making a wrong sub (or not making one)? When he sees that a manager has made a change and he's reacted to that by pushing us forward, why is it that he doesn't get praise for that? JFH saw what was happening and made the perfect changes to win us the match. It's not a match we were near being murdered in and if we're gonna talk about them scoring more goals, we have to say that we would have as well. The full 90 minutes proves that.
                    Your tone is you are right and other people's opinions are wrong?

I wasn't at the game but listened on radio London, up until Parker went off they were bombing forward constantly.

I couldnt see what Hasselbank changed, what did he change tactically after Parker went off ?

Comment

Originally posted by LoftusRoadLad View Post
                      Anyone notice that Polter tried to claim Conor's goal ?
                      Technically, it was Polter's goal...
                      "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Originally posted by jfish View Post
                        Your tone is you are right and other people's opinions are wrong?

I wasn't at the game but listened on radio London, up until Parker went off they were bombing forward constantly.

I couldnt see what Hasselbank changed, what did he change tactically after Parker went off ?
                        That's not how I intend to come across, I do keep trying to make that point. I just write longer posts which makes it seem like I think I know better, but that's up to how people want to see me.

I was there, and Parker wasn't the sub that changed it. Hamalainen came on and gave us solidity at full back, meaning they couldn't use their pace to take us on as much. They were tired too, hence not being able to use their pace as much. What had the biggest effect on the match substitution-wise was bringing on Shodipo and Sylla and basically reversing the course of the match. Instead of the slower build up and holding it in their half until we got an opening like we saw earlier, we started challenging them from the wings a lot more thanks to the pace of Shodipo. We didn't have to close them down as much in defence and we could focus on letting Sylla get into good positions as opposed to closing. That's what happened.

Comment

Originally posted by LoftusRoadLad View Post
                          Not our fault they aint good enough to take their chances....we were.
                          Football is a game of attacking and defending, our attacks gained 2 our defence made them miss a hat full simple.
                          Not sure anyone was around Martin when he missed an open goal!

I do agree we took our chances but I just hope our defence/midfield tighten up more when we are on the back foot from now on.

Comment

Not sure anyone was around Martin when he missed an open goal!

I do agree we took our chances but I just hope our defence/midfield tighten up more when we are on the back foot from now on.
                            Like I said not our fault they are crap at taking their chances.

Comment

Comment

Working...
                              X