Sir Alex Smithies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jmelanie View Post
    You must have a short memory. Read Nasser's post of 17/09/2016 (two weeks ago)
    Thread: Luongo carries his weight, certain other players keep pushing down on his shoulders

Smithies this season is the second lowest rated goalkeeper of the 22 who have played more than 5 matches. Below him is only the Bristol Keeper. He's honestly not been excellent and the last few games have really let him down, with his last 3 ratings being a 6.24, 5.89 and 5.65. Pretty awful. However, take into account the fact that he was rated the number one goalkeeper in the whole championship last season, ahead of Heaton and Konstantopoulos. Hopefully he'll improve soon.

See also Norths post Smithies on 18.09.2016

There are even a number of posts where people replaced him in their team.
    I didn't say anything incorrect to be fair in that and you can only go by form... I did say I hoped he improved and he looks like he has done.
    "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Smithies is a chap.
      You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
        I didn't say anything incorrect to be fair in that and you can only go by form... I did say I hoped he improved and he looks like he has done.
        I wasn't getting at you. Please see the addition to my original post.

"I made the point in one of my posts that the problem could be that he didn't play at the end of the season or in a number of the preseason games. This appears to be true because now he is back to the form he played in last year."

Comment

We can always find something to argue with each other about.

Comment

To be fair to Smithies he has been great but for 2-3 games a few weeks ago. Seems a great lad and undoubtedly our number 1.

Comment

I did say a few weeks ago, Ingram.deserved a chance on Saturdays instead of Smithies as even before Newcastle game Smithies was making errors and just didn't look his usual self. Pleased he played so well today.

Comment

Looking at the highlights he looked at fault for their goal. A right flap at it.

Comment

Seriously? Come on guys, Mel is a regular on here and deserves a bit of respect. We actually won today and some of you seem annoyed by this.
                  Minds Are Like Parachutes.
                  Work Best When Open...
                  @Nowt2SeeHere

Comment

Originally posted by Fraggy View Post
                    Seriously? Come on guys, Mel is a regular on here and deserves a bit of respect. We actually won today and some of you seem annoyed by this.
                    A lot give themselves extra "I'm a real fan" points because they are mouthy fÙckwits with a superiority complex.

Comment

well done smithies , crucial save for the pen

Comment

I have undelete acricketers and my post above, in the hope that those that made those uncalled for comments return and at the very least offer an apology.
                        At times I am confused as I thought we all support the same team, but the way we go around insulting each other is becoming a major concern. I understand banter and the fact that we will not always agree on the same things, but when a long standing member, who contributes regularly, gets spoken to in this way, leaves a very sour taste.
                        Minds Are Like Parachutes.
                        Work Best When Open...
                        @Nowt2SeeHere

Comment

Originally posted by Fraggy View Post
                          I have undelete acricketers and my post above, in the hope that those that made those uncalled for comments return and at the very least offer an apology.
                          At times I am confused as I thought we all support the same team, but the way we go around insulting each other is becoming a major concern. I understand banter and the fact that we will not always agree on the same things, but when a long standing member, who contributes regularly, gets spoken to in this way, leaves a very sour taste.
                          What have I missed

Comment

Originally posted by James1979 View Post
                            We can always find something to argue with each other about.
                            No we cant.............
                            SIR LESLIE FERDINAND!!

Comment

Remember in an interview he said he has a technique for saving penalties but isn't at liberty to discuss it, understandably. Suspect it's something to do with the type of run-up.

Comment

Think the noise coming from the fans behind him helped a tad too.
                                I blew a lot on vodka and tonic, gambling and fags. Looking back, I think I overdid it on the tonic. - The one and only Stanley Bowles

Comment

Working...
                                X