Clear All

• Sir Alex Smithies

What a keeper!!
    SIR LESLIE FERDINAND!!

McCarthy - who?
    Cesar - who?
    Green - who?

Comment

Weren't some on here saying he should be dropped a couple of weeks back?

Comment

Fantastic keeper who but for a 2 week wobble has been brilliant since he came into the team.

Comment

Form is temporary class is permanent. Smithies had a poor by his standard few weeks but he's a wonderful keeper and we're so lucky to have him.

Well done Alex. And thanks ;)

Comment

Exactly the sort we want in our team and at our club.

Comment

Best goalie in the league

Comment

Proper keeper

Comment

Good lad. Kept them filthy jacko loving weirdos at bay. Great TEAM performance COYRS

Comment

MOTM

Comment

Comment

Good lad with years and years of service to give
                        I blew a lot on vodka and tonic, gambling and fags. Looking back, I think I overdid it on the tonic. - The one and only Stanley Bowles

Comment

love the way the team lead by chery went and mobbed him at full time.

Comment

To be fair, I was (along with others) suggesting that he'd gone out of form and some time out of the first team given how well Ingram had looked would have boosted his competitive edge, but today he was something else. A special special keeper we have on our hands and a special sub keeper too.
                            "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

You must have a short memory. Read Nasser's post of 17/09/2016 (two weeks ago)
                              Thread: Luongo carries his weight, certain other players keep pushing down on his shoulders

Smithies this season is the second lowest rated goalkeeper of the 22 who have played more than 5 matches. Below him is only the Bristol Keeper. He's honestly not been excellent and the last few games have really let him down, with his last 3 ratings being a 6.24, 5.89 and 5.65. Pretty awful. However, take into account the fact that he was rated the number one goalkeeper in the whole championship last season, ahead of Heaton and Konstantopoulos. Hopefully he'll improve soon.

See also Norths post Smithies on 18.09.2016

There are even a number of posts where people replaced him in their team.

I made the point in one of my posts that the problem could be that he didn't play at the end of the season or in a number of the preseason games. This appears to be true because now he is back to the form he played in last year.
                              Last edited by jmelanie; 01-10-2016, 09:16 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X