JFH named

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by James1979 View Post
    Not if he's uk tax resident. Dividends are 32% I think.
    From this year the first 5000 pound of dividends is tax free.

Comment

• Wow. Really going in some real depth over a throw away comment in a pub aint ya.
      Just pay it to me in Holland, i pay less taxthere and it will be easier to keep it hidden.
      The amount of tax he mentions means nothing really.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post
        Wow. Really going in some real depth over a throw away comment in a pub aint ya.
        Just pay it to me in Holland, i pay less taxthere and it will be easier to keep it hidden.
        The amount of tax he mentions means nothing really.
        Not sure Inland Revenue would agree with that!

Comment

• Originally posted by Shepherds Mush View Post
          Would have to pay himself under £5k a year in dividends for it to not be liable to UK income tax (after accounting for his other income).
          I was thinking more drip feed it to himself back in the Netherlands after he retires, maybe make his wife a Director too etc.

Still seems pretty unlikely to be plausible.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tarbie View Post

I paid a tax bill for 2878 pounds and 7pence a few years ago. They sent me 2 letters for the 7 pennys !!

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeems View Post
              Roughly 8k annual salary
              Dividend at 31,785 (company has already paid corporation tax)
              Expenses 10k give or take
              Still have to pay tax on any income received over £11k.

Please tell me you aren't Jimmy's accountant...

Comment

• Originally posted by Shepherds Mush View Post
                Still have to pay tax on any income received over £11k.

Please tell me you aren't Jimmy's accountant...
                Dividend is (was) personal tax free as the company has already paid tax on it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeems View Post
                  Dividend is (was) personal tax free as the company has already paid tax on it.
                  What, you mean the 10% dividend credit?

What about the other £18k? A proportion of that is liable to tax after the personal allowance.

No way would you get £50k tax free in this country.
                  Last edited by Shepherds Mush; 30-09-2016, 03:02 PM.

Comment

The 'amount he claims' he will pay means nothing.
                    I tell people in my pub i pay two per cent tax. Dont mean i do. I actually dont have any idea what it is.

Comment

The 'amount he claims' he will pay means nothing.
                      I tell people in my pub i pay two per cent tax. Dont mean i do. I actually dont have any idea what it is.
                      Yeah true.

Bloody stupid to brag about tax evasion though isn't it? Particularly if you're not actually evading tax. And particularly if you are in the public eye!

Comment

• Unbelievably stupid. Thought he was so much cleverer/cleaner.

Comment

• And on the subject of pub talk (which i believe most of it was), if a geezer i knew came into the pub with a dopey sounding bird like that and said here mate this rich bint wants rakes of bugle for the asian firm, can you put her in touch with someone.
                          Then she started talking like that to me id be gone out the door before she could finish her first sentence.
                          Hes such a thick divv i swear,

Comment

Yeah true.

Bloody stupid to brag about tax evasion though isn't it? Particularly if you're not actually evading tax. And particularly if you are in the public eye!
                            Absolutely
                            I blew a lot on vodka and tonic, gambling and fags. Looking back, I think I overdid it on the tonic. - The one and only Stanley Bowles

Comment

• One option could be is if he has a company set up in Hollabd to receive payments for his public speaking engagements which I imagine are few and far between and any other extra curricular work. Unsure how much tax companies pay in Holland but could be a way of working around it.

Comment

And on the subject of pub talk (which i believe most of it was), if a geezer i knew came into the pub with a dopey sounding bird like that and said here mate this rich bint wants rakes of bugle for the asian firm, can you put her in touch with someone.
                                Then she started talking like that to me id be gone out the door before she could finish her first sentence.
                                Hes such a thick divv i swear,
                                That your game is it mate?

Slinging the old bugle?!!

Comment

Working...
                                X