No announcement yet.

JFH named

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You're working in the UK, pay tax like everyone else from your British bank account.

Dodgy ####### - Getting paid what I could only dream of anyway.

Comment

• Originally posted by West London is Rss View Post
      You're working in the UK, pay tax like everyone else from your British bank account.

Dodgy ####### - Getting paid what I could only dream of anyway.
      Who me? Or Jimmy?

Comment

• Originally posted by Tarbie View Post
        Who me? Or Jimmy?
        Both :-)

Comment

Both :-)
          I spend less than 2 weeks in the country most years mate. I can assure you, I'm not costing the UK tax payer a single penny!

If I ever come home, I will have no issues paying my dues like everyone else!

Comment

I spend less than 2 weeks in the country most years mate. I can assure you, I'm not costing the UK tax payer a single penny!

If I ever come home, I will have no issues paying my dues like everyone else!
            I'm joking mate, enjoy the weather!

Comment

I'm joking mate, enjoy the weather!
              Yeah I know mate, just thought I better clarify my stance. It's a subject that some people can get a little touchy about!

Comment

He said if his fee was paid in the UK he'd lose nearly 50% to tax but if it could be paid in Holland he could get that down to 10%.
                Not sure it's 10%. I work in Holland and not getting that. I should add I get paid through payroll and it then goes on uk tax return as I'm uk tax resident so I pay tax as if employed in uk. Before anyone says, dodgy tax cheat!

Comment

• Originally posted by James1979 View Post
                  Not sure it's 10%. I work in Holland and not getting that. I should add I get paid through payroll and it then goes on uk tax return as I'm uk tax resident so I pay tax as if employed in uk. Before anyone says, dodgy tax cheat!
                  Yeah, but 10% is what Jimmy said.

I'm very dubious about whether there can be anyway that this can be true and at the same time legal.

Comment

I think there are different degrees of tax avoidance.

Going expat is to some degree tax avoidance, although justifiable in most peoples eyes as the individual in most cases no longer represents any cost to the country. ISA's are very low level tax avoidance that have been deemed acceptable by the government.

I would suggest that what Jimmy is talking about in the interview is a likely to be something a little more elaborate and walking a closer line in terms of legality.
                    There are differing degrees of avoidance but none of them are immoral (as I was replying to Nasser). If you can legally avoid tax charges then where is the morality issue? To me, that is good management of your own finances.

As for JFH, sounds like he needs a good accountant because if he thinks he won't be liable to UK tax on foreign income while he is resident in the UK he is an idiot.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shepherds Mush View Post
                      There are differing degrees of avoidance but none of them are immoral (as I was replying to Nasser). If you can legally avoid tax charges then where is the morality issue? To me, that is good management of your own finances.

As for JFH, sounds like he needs a good accountant because if he thinks he won't be liable to UK tax on foreign income while he is resident in the UK he is an idiot.
                      All he said was his tax would be more like 10% if the money could be paid in Holland rather than the UK.

As you say, he'd better have a farking good accountant to make that one fly!

Comment

• Everyones individual circumstances dictate the rate you pay at. If its legal then its not tax avoidance, more tax planning. If you're on PAYE then there's not much you can do but if you're self employed/company director then why not reduce your tax bill if you can?

I do everything I can to reduce mine. My accountant checks it, HMRC checks it, and there's never been a problem. JFH may or may not be guilty of other things but tax evasion isn't one of them.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeems View Post
                          Everyones individual circumstances dictate the rate you pay at. If its legal then its not tax avoidance, more tax planning.
                          If it's legal it is tax avoidance. Technical term for effective tax planning.

It's when it is illegal it is tax evasion.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shepherds Mush View Post
                            If it's legal it is tax avoidance. Technical term for effective tax planning.

It's when it is illegal it is tax evasion.
                            But legal doesn't always mean ethical.

Take the whole David Cameron thing a while back. All totally legal, and personally I didn't see too much of an issue with it but a hell of a lot of the British public did. Alright, it's not apples for apples comparing a football manager to the Prime Minister but both are people with no shortage of money playing the system for their own financial gain.

I still maintain that if Jimmy is saying he can get his taxation down to 10% by taking payment in Holland then there is reason to suspect that this runs deeper than him having a good accountant. In my eyes there is certainly grounds for the Inland Revenue to be taking a look at his affairs very closely!

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post
                              He (ie Colin) is a horrible horrible little man to be fair, and near on everyone in the country hates him. But hes a hero to us for that season, best in most of our lives.
                              And he has a very solid championship record.

Hitman is wrong for ignoring the simple fact that if you want to get out of the championship, and the choice is NW / JFH / Ramsey there is only one form option You don't have to retain him into the EPL. But he has form in the book, and that was what the club said they wanted when the whole sorry JFH saga kicked off.

I'm not really bothered if managers eat children, take bungs, visit crack hos, love a bit of golden brown, sell arms or whatever.

I want them to be 100% committed willing and able to get our lot on the fvckin map. JFH has demonstrably failed on the ability front, and the whole point about the Telegraph revelations is they show he is not 100% committed.

Guns in the boardroom? We need a few in the dressing room.

Comment

I still maintain that if Jimmy is saying he can get his taxation down to 10% by taking payment in Holland then there is reason to suspect that this runs deeper than him having a good accountant. In my eyes there is certainly grounds for the Inland Revenue to be taking a look at his affairs very closely!

Bang on. I'd even go so far to say that he is sh*tting himself over the DT footage not because of any breaking of FA rules but by virtually indicating that he is tax dodging.

Comment

Working...
                                X