Conor Washington

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by uptheR's View Post
    No, I stand by my opinion that he had no service whatsoever, as did Polter in the first half. Everything that went his way he had to fight and scrap for, and I don't think that suits him at all. Like I said, I'm not saying he's the answer but had we have started with 2 up front against the side bottom of the league and without a win, we could have had a better look at him and made a better judgement.
    No service whatsoever? So the shots he had when he came on were non existent?
    Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
    Pawel Wszolek - 6
    Luke Freeman - 6
    Matt Smith - 6
    Ebere Eze - 4
    Joel Lynch - 3
    Tomer Hemed - 3
    Toni Leistner - 2
    Massimo Luongo- 2
    Angel Rangel - 2
    Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
    Geoff Cameron - 1
    Aramide Oteh - 1
    Jake Bidwell - 1
    Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

Originally posted by LoftusRoadLad View Post
      Its only a matter of placing the ball out of reach of the keeper that comes with confidence. Think he is trying too hard to score hence panic shooting. Im sure he is having sleepless nights thinking why wont that ball hit the net.
      Exactly and this is where nas is getting blinded by his stats, footballs a funny old game and can happen to a striker whats happening to conor at this minute, personally think youll be eating humble pie in the end nas over the way youre judging him on youre stats!
      http://soundcloud.com/pinkie2

Comment

He'd work well as a pair but of course our manager doesn't play pairs up front.

Also needs a fair run in the side like the bang average but lovely fella Polter has been granted. It's only fair.

Comment

Agree jimmy, thing is when the usual formations tactics arent working hes got the players for changing it up, & strikers could end up pairing really well, surprised with jfh being a striker how he doesnt favor a strike partnership at home games tbh!
          http://soundcloud.com/pinkie2

Comment

Originally posted by Ginger Ninja View Post
            No service whatsoever? So the shots he had when he came on were non existent?
            No they existed as we all witnessed them. What I didn't witness were any decent,clean, well placed passed or crosses that he or any other striker would be able to get on the end of and properly set themselves for the shot. Zlatan would struggle to score from the scraps we were serving up Saturday

Comment

I like him and think we have a player but he looks like he would be better in a pair which means he will always struggle in our current set up.

Comment

Originally posted by Jimmy Floyd Rabbit View Post
                He'd work well as a pair but of course our manager doesn't play pairs up front.

Also needs a fair run in the side like the bang average but lovely fella Polter has been granted. It's only fair.
                You think Polter's been "granted" a chance? Polter didn't start a match for 21 Matchdays at QPR. I've made this point already, but in those 21 weeks, he made 6 league appearances off the bench. He got a start on the 22nd week and got an assist in that start, then got a second start, where he did nothing and was duly returned to the bench. That next match, he came off the bench and scored, then started again, scored, and scored 2 in his next 3 matches. Then he didn't score in 3 starts and was returned to the bench for 2 matches, performing well each time, while conor started those two matches, before getting a start in the next game and duly getting an assist. Despite that, he didn't get a start the next game and came off the bench again to join CW, who'd gotten starts for doing nothing this whole time. Finally, a week later, he replaced CW in the starting line up, got a goal, got another goal a week later, then got an assist 2 weeks in a row. Didn't do anything against Charlton or Cardiff so was replaced in the starting 11 by CW, who was so bad that he got hauled off 60 minutes in for Polter in a 4-0 defeat. Polter started the next two matches because of how poor CW was against Brighton before being replaced on the final day by CW himself.

Polter earned his spot in the side by scoring when he wasn't in it. CW hasn't done that and therefore hasn't earned a run in the side. No one is granted anything in this team, if a player isn't carrying his weight, he's dropped.
                "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Nas if your last point is true please try to shed a bit of light why that clown EL Khayati started on Saturday?

Comment

Sorry I got to the first paragraph. I can't do your essays Nasser. Apologies.

What I'll say is do you personally think CW has been given a FAIR run to prove his worth?

Not 10-15 min cameos when you can't change a thing. I'm talking a fair run in the side. Do you think he has?

Comment

Originally posted by 1973 ranger View Post
                      Nas if your last point is true please try to shed a bit of light why that clown EL Khayati started on Saturday?
                      Good point. Useless player.

Comment

Jimmy, I do not think he has been given a fair crack and I am going to assume he has done more minutes on the bench for us than on the pitch?

Comment

Jimmy, I do not think he has been given a fair crack and I am going to assume he has done more minutes on the bench for us than on the pitch?

I agree with you. Said a while back, until he's given 4-5, 90 minute starts and runs its not fair to judge. Polter starts every game and apart from 1-2 games has been poor.

Comment

To be fair we are set up to be poor as no life or entertainment at all being offered so no one looks good other than Smithies and Hall.

Comment

Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
                              I don't recall as I was so disappointed by him in the Euros, but if he was, he obviously didn't do much.

And wrt Nick's point above, if he hasn't scored a goal in 8+ months of club league football, his value to a sides goalscoring potential deteriorates massively. At this point, Ned is more likely to score a goal than he is. As for no denying his potential, I think he's got potential to be an average at best championship striker based on what I've seen. If he eventually hits 1 in every 6 or 7 chances he gets, he'll get maybe 10 goals in a full season at best? He always gets chances and fluffs his lines and for 90 minutes, I think the idea of him missing as many clear cut chances as he does irks me to the point of anger. In terms of scoring from open play, I'd like to see Sylla play as his movement from what I've seen from anderlecht is very good, his positioning is very good and his finishing looks competent. He also offers a threat from set pieces so overall he is much more appealing to me than CW.
                              Ok,ok.
                              QPR
                              Best team in the world
                              Sort of

Comment

To be fair we are set up to be poor as no life or entertainment at all being offered so no one looks good other than Smithies and Hall.
                                No wonder there is threads asking how we can improve the atmosphere at the ground when we play with such a negative set up. At home it's a travesty playing the formation we do.

Comment

Working...
                                X