Conor Washington

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
    If Conor wants to have a hope of being a good striker, he needs to adapt.
    and be given a run of games to do it in...

Comment

Originally posted by Shepherds Mush View Post
      and be given a run of games to do it in...
      Perhaps for the under 21's, but I wouldn't want us to end up risking our goalscoring potential just to bed CW in.
      "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Id love him to score a hatrick just to shut nesser up !

Comment

OK I sort of agree with part of this, but saying he gets unlucky every time he's in a goalscoring situation is like saying Nasser is getting unlucky whenever he leathers it wide. It happens too often to be unlucky. It's all well and good getting into the positions, but if you never score the goals, what use is that?

He could get that many goals a season, if he was better. As for others saying he isn't suited to our formation, absolutely he isn't, but good strikers can adapt. Look at Austin, who people said couldn't play alone up front, yet he adapted perfectly. Even Polter is capable of adapting. If Conor wants to have a hope of being a good striker, he needs to adapt.
          austin and polter are tall enough to win balls in the air , conor has no chance needs to play off a biggun , that idiot hasslebank should have gone 2 up front from the start against winless blackburn

Comment

Originally posted by 72bus View Post
            austin and polter are tall enough to win balls in the air , conor has no chance needs to play off a biggun , that idiot hasslebank should have gone 2 up front from the start against winless blackburn
            Was it idiot Hasselbaink's fault Seb got injured.

Comment

Originally posted by LoftusRoadLad View Post
              Id love him to score a hatrick just to shut nesser up !
              I'd love him to as well. I don't care about individuals that often, very few players resonate for me. Faurlin was one, Derry was another, Hill to a degree. No one in the current squad for me, is above the needs of the team. CW hasn't scored in the league, that's the fact of it. I don't want him to make the starting 11 over Sylla or Polter because based on what we've seen, it puts the attacking potential of the team at a limit. We know against Newcastle that if we play 1 up top, he shouldn't start. Hence why for me Sylla is ahead of him until CW shows that he's earned a starting spot. Right now, he's coming on, getting into positions, and not scoring, every single time. Hasn't earned a starting spot.

And by the same claim, if we sell him in January and get someone else in, it'll put down all the people who keep saying he should get a chance even though he's done absolutely nothing of value yet.
              "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Originally posted by jmelanie View Post
                Was it idiot Hasselbaink's fault Seb got injured.
                pay attention he should have started with 2 up front . seb was replaced by conor

Comment

The feller has now had 9 appearances and 11 sub appearances for 1 goal. To get in teams you need to take the opportunity when it presnts itself.
                  He hasn't for one reason or another and i think he will always struggle at this level.
                  By the way is it me or does Sylla have rather a long neck.

Comment

You could see he was really trying on Saturday but he got absolutely f-all in terms of service. None of our strikers will score if we play like that every week, hence no goals from open play. Not saying I think he is good enough, but until we play him with 2 up front and start giving them decent service, we'll never truly know what he can do. Thought he could gave gone down when he was played in by the ball over the top, he was racing and fighting to get to it but defender was twice his size and breathing down his neck, there's wasn't much he could do with it

Comment

Originally posted by uptheR's View Post
                      You could see he was really trying on Saturday but he got absolutely f-all in terms of service. None of our strikers will score if we play like that every week, hence no goals from open play. Not saying I think he is good enough, but until we play him with 2 up front and start giving them decent service, we'll never truly know what he can do. Thought he could gave gone down when he was played in by the ball over the top, he was racing and fighting to get to it but defender was twice his size and breathing down his neck, there's wasn't much he could do with it
                      Got f-all in terms of service? Sorry but that's not true at all. He actually managed to have 3 shots in that game, 2 of which were from inside the box. On target but straight at the keeper. 11 Passes from our players led directly to shots and none of them went in all game. The service isn't the issue, the finishing is, and that's the case with him and Nasser, who both shot straight at the keeper when put through one on one.

Comment

Perhaps for the under 21's, but I wouldn't want us to end up risking our goalscoring potential just to bed CW in.
                        But isnt CW part of that 'goalscoring potential'?... dont get me wrong nas, CWs very frustrating to watch. Plenty of huff and puff but not a lot else. That said theres no denying his potential, and maybe a decent run of games could do it...... going back to the no goals in open play debate, could now be a perfect time to maybe bring him into the fold a bit more?
                        SIR LESLIE FERDINAND!!

Comment

Wasn´t he used in a more free role in the Euro? Point is, when he plays for QPR he seems so static... Do I kind of have a point here?
                          QPR
                          Best team in the world
                          Sort of

Comment

Originally posted by Shania View Post
                            Wasn´t he used in a more free role in the Euro? Point is, when he plays for QPR he seems so static... Do I kind of have a point here?
                            I don't recall as I was so disappointed by him in the Euros, but if he was, he obviously didn't do much.

And wrt Nick's point above, if he hasn't scored a goal in 8+ months of club league football, his value to a sides goalscoring potential deteriorates massively. At this point, Ned is more likely to score a goal than he is. As for no denying his potential, I think he's got potential to be an average at best championship striker based on what I've seen. If he eventually hits 1 in every 6 or 7 chances he gets, he'll get maybe 10 goals in a full season at best? He always gets chances and fluffs his lines and for 90 minutes, I think the idea of him missing as many clear cut chances as he does irks me to the point of anger. In terms of scoring from open play, I'd like to see Sylla play as his movement from what I've seen from anderlecht is very good, his positioning is very good and his finishing looks competent. He also offers a threat from set pieces so overall he is much more appealing to me than CW.

Comment

Its only a matter of placing the ball out of reach of the keeper that comes with confidence. Think he is trying too hard to score hence panic shooting. Im sure he is having sleepless nights thinking why wont that ball hit the net.

Comment

No, I stand by my opinion that he had no service whatsoever, as did Polter in the first half. Everything that went his way he had to fight and scrap for, and I don't think that suits him at all. Like I said, I'm not saying he's the answer but had we have started with 2 up front against the side bottom of the league and without a win, we could have had a better look at him and made a better judgement.

Comment

Working...
                                X