Conor Washington

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by shaggy24 View Post
    Ok ill see if i can help or throw a spanner into the works.

I live in peterborough i got a season ticket for Rs as I'm from Willesden, ok the start of last season he was doing exactly the same for peterborough as he is for the Rs, he couldn't buy a goal worked so hard for one. crowd on his back etc. soon as he got 1 he got 14 then we signed him and i think he got injured training confidence gone.

He is like all strikers a confidence player but even if it aint going his way he still adds movement and is unselfish as a player tbh from what I've seen of Sylla i say he's a striker and Washington's a support.

Is his defence he's young and does score goals is his weakness he is better straight done the middle and we use him wide. but i think he will get more than polter if played with Sylla as i think his movement will be more beneficial to the team.

nas is the man of all knowlege, all 2o odd years experience of football and playing washington would of been shipped out by now by nas the great tactician lol
    http://soundcloud.com/pinkie2

Comment

• Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
      I must've missed that, have yet to have the time to watch the match on player so will have to check it out, but if it was as good as you say, fair play to him, hope his shot keeps improving. He's had a history of scuffing it or hitting it straight at the keeper.
      and if you know as much about football as you reckon you do, he would of been making those scuffs as he was trying too hard hence fluffing up, honestly wonder if youve played football before, strikers live off confidence like most in sport, you should know that with youre vast years experience
      http://soundcloud.com/pinkie2

Comment

• Originally posted by hal9thou View Post
        CW won't improve because touch is something you either have or you don't, and without it your chances of finding the space all strikers need are halved. Polter doesn't have it either.

Said at the time that these were highly questionable acquisitions, also said JET is a better all round bet than either. Feed Jet & Sylla, now you're talking a few more goals.

It''s just common sense.
        Yeh. You're either born with a great touch or not. Can't be coached.

I can't believe people actually believe this sort of stuff. Embarrassing.

Comment

CW won't improve because touch is something you either have or you don't, and without it your chances of finding the space all strikers need are halved. Polter doesn't have it either.

Said at the time that these were highly questionable acquisitions, also said JET is a better all round bet than either. Feed Jet & Sylla, now you're talking a few more goals.

It''s just common sense.

Would rather have Washington's industry, effort and ability to work with his team-mates than Jay "touch of an angel" Emmanuel-Thomas in my side every day of the week.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shepherds Mush View Post
            Would rather have Washington's industry, effort and ability to work with his team-mates than Jay "touch of an angel" Emmanuel-Thomas in my side every day of the week.
            We're very short on natural ability this year and CW was purchased to stick em in the back of the net.

Industry is all well and good but up top we need end product. Only Sylla looks to have a hitman's instinct, and for my money JET would feed off him much more effectively than the other two. You don't have to know that much about the game to figure it out.

I admit it isn't CW's fault that he has to cover, that's a consequence of the genius running the show and the way he sets the side up, but if you had to choose a strike partnership to save your life from our lot you'd get JET back alongside Sylla. Or you'd be dead.

Comment

We're very short on natural ability this year and CW was purchased to stick em in the back of the net.

Industry is all well and good but up top we need end product. Only Sylla looks to have a hitman's instinct, and for my money JET would feed off him much more effectively than the other two. You don't have to know that much about the game to figure it out.

I admit it isn't CW's fault that he has to cover, that's a consequence of the genius running the show and the way he sets the side up, but if you had to choose a strike partnership to save your life from our lot you'd get JET back alongside Sylla. Or you'd be dead.
              Have to agree that Sylla looks the only natural hitman we have but I would bet once CW gets a proper run alongside him, they will be an effective partnership.

Comment

• Hows jet been doing lately at Gillingham, serious question . haven't seen any threads on him cos hes doing so well for a while.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post
                  Hows jet been doing lately at Gillingham, serious question . haven't seen any threads on him cos hes doing so well for a while.
                  Think he is struggling to get 90 mins by all accounts of their recent games. Whether that is form, injury or attitude I don't know.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post
                    Hows jet been doing lately at Gillingham, serious question . haven't seen any threads on him cos hes doing so well for a while.
                    He's been injured since the start of the month with a ligament strain on the knee.
                    "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Over time. We bought him to develop him into a fully polished striker and goalscorer - If you thought we bought him to start banging them in straight away, you are mistaken.

Comment

Working...
                      X