Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not seen him in the right formation

Comment

• You know what Jim I'm one of the more vocal about Conor being out of his depth, but tonight was one of his better performances. Looked lively and done well cutting in from the left.

Overall though it is clear he isn't upto it at this level IMO. I actually quite like him in that he always gives 100%, certainly no shortage of effort, just not quite good enough.
      You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

• Paid £2.75m I think but could be wrong.
        You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

• Been a bit disappointing hasn't he, as said above he has had a bit of a run now. Are we playing to his strengths or is it he is trying hard but just can't play our style? Always hopeful he'll turn the corner, his country still have faith
          I blew a lot on vodka and tonic, gambling and fags. Looking back, I think I overdid it on the tonic. - The one and only Stanley Bowles

Comment

• Thanks Matty. I've defended him on here for a long time, but I'm just not seeing a goal scoring return to repay my faith!

You're right, he's a proper workhorse. Somethings not right in his game though or he'd be scoring and getting more chances. Him or the set up? Hmmm

Comment

• Originally posted by Jimmy Floyd Rabbit View Post
              I agree. Makes him look even worse though when a sub comes on and scores after 6 minutes.

How many league goals he got? 0 or I could be wrong, but don't remember him scoring.
              We know Polter can score as a lone striker and can create his own goals.

It's our system, don't suit any of our players.

Comment

• Originally posted by MYU View Post
                We know Polter can score as a lone striker and can create his own goals.

It's our system, don't suit any of our players.
                Except it suits Polter, Sylla, Chery... If he's a winger, Washington is possibly a good cover player, but he's not a striker for this level.
                "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

• Originally posted by 72bus View Post
                  he got a tap in
                  not in the league, that was against Swindon in the Cup.
                  "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

• I'm still hoping he'll come good ,,,,, if JFH starts picking the right formations and perseveres, I hope we will see a revitalised Connor Washington ,,

Comment

• I think he'd do better for us as an attacking midfield role or supporting role like chery, he hasn't got the physical strength to play as a lone striker but he's good at getting around the pitch and causing a bit of trouble

Comment

• Originally posted by MattyRangers View Post
                        You know what Jim I'm one of the more vocal about Conor being out of his depth, but tonight was one of his better performances. Looked lively and done well cutting in from the left.

Overall though it is clear he isn't upto it at this level IMO. I actually quite like him in that he always gives 100%, certainly no shortage of effort, just not quite good enough.
                        So does / did Mackie but I wouldn't want him to start on that basis alone!

Comment

• Originally posted by Jimmy Floyd Rabbit View Post
                          Well. Many of us asked for him to be given a run in the team. A fair one.

Seems he's had that if I'm not mistaken??

Just not doing it is he? How much did we pay?
                          dont think Sam recieved anything

Comment

• Personally just think he's not getting the proper service.

Would probably be better with any of:

- ball played over the top / through the defence to run onto
                            - ball played in low across the 6 yard box
                            - ball into feet around the box

than ball constantly played up to a lone striker who is shorter than any CB he comes up against.

Comment

• This argument has been done to death but I maintain that CW needs a striking partner if he's going to score goals at this level. Playing him as a lone striker is a waste of a position and counter-productive.

Comment

• Can't understand why we keep playing him as a lone front man to be honest. Again, more baffling team selection...

Comment

Working...
                                X