Joey Barton's book: The QPR stuff

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Joey Barton's book: The QPR stuff

Riveting. Well worth reading. And nearly all of it, Joey's ego aside, bang on the money, bar his assessment of Warnock. He's funny about Neil, mind: says the only way Neil could be a coach is if you took his teeth out and put seats in.....Others may not agree with every part of his account if his time at Rangers (depends if you like him or loathe him, I guess), but everyone will get something out of it. £9 on Amazon, or just stand in a bookshop.

Brilliant on Wembley (and Wigan in the play offs). Makes clear that Harry lost the dressing room in the promotion season before the play offs (including Clint). And scathing, rightly, on the dumbass attempt to play three at the back (and buy Rio) when we went up. Hughes is portrayed as the plank he is. Great story about Chris Martin, the Derby striker, at Wembley. Oh, and Joey was on £76K per week for four years (!), so that's now a fact. He himself says it was stupid money.

Sounds good mate I'll definitely be purchasing that reckon it'll be a great read, never one to pull please niches Joey. That said, think I'll take some of what he says with a pinch of salt.
    You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

Originally posted by Rangers77 View Post
      Riveting. Well worth reading. And nearly all of it, Joey's ego aside, bang on the money, bar his assessment of Warnock. He's funny about Neil, mind: says the only way Neil could be a coach is if you took his teeth out and put seats in.....Others may not agree with every part of his account if his time at Rangers (depends if you like him or loathe him, I guess), but everyone will get something out of it. £9 on Amazon, or just stand in a bookshop.

Brilliant on Wembley (and Wigan in the play offs). Makes clear that Harry lost the dressing room in the promotion season before the play offs (including Clint). And scathing, rightly, on the dumbass attempt to play three at the back (and buy Rio) when we went up. Hughes is portrayed as the plank he is. Great story about Chris Martin, the Derby striker, at Wembley. Oh, and Joey was on £76K per week for four years (!), so that's now a fact. He himself says it was stupid money.

£76k. Jesus.
      C'Mon You Supaaaa!!

Comment

What was said about Chris Martin??

Comment

£76k a week. F%ck me what a crazy signing that was.

Comment

76k, obviously a wind up for those that will bite. Just wants to make the fools that gave hin big money even more foolish. 50k a week and that's a fact. He is as spoken to at Wigan away the day after he signed but he hadn't signed in time to play and was in the stand. We lost and got ripped by a front 3 of moses, diame and a guy whose name I can't remember who ended up at Fulham, although Santos got both goals and they were deflections!

Comment

Need a mini break from my Tom Clancy marathon so I think I'll get on over to Amazon now. Thanks for sharing 77
              Minds Are Like Parachutes.
              Work Best When Open...
              @Nowt2SeeHere

Comment

Originally posted by loftbalcony View Post
                76k, obviously a wind up for those that will bite. Just wants to make the fools that gave hin big money even more foolish. 50k a week and that's a fact. He is as spoken to at Wigan away the day after he signed but he hadn't signed in time to play and was in the stand. We lost and got ripped by a front 3 of moses, diame and a guy whose name I can't remember who ended up at Fulham, although Santos got both goals and they were deflections!
                Must be fact if you say so then

Comment

I thought as a player we were normally better with barton in the team. However, looking back on last few years, to me it was those last minute signings in August that destroyed our championship team and all the good spirit and togetherness that had built one of the best seasons I think I'll ever witness as a qpr fan.

Comment

Originally posted by loftbalcony View Post
                    Franco Di Santo?
                    Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
                    Pawel Wszolek - 6
                    Luke Freeman - 6
                    Matt Smith - 6
                    Ebere Eze - 4
                    Joel Lynch - 3
                    Tomer Hemed - 3
                    Toni Leistner - 2
                    Massimo Luongo- 2
                    Angel Rangel - 2
                    Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
                    Geoff Cameron - 1
                    Aramide Oteh - 1
                    Jake Bidwell - 1
                    Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

Just ordered it as well, nine quid on Amazon is a bargain!! Looking forward to reading!
                      "Imagine a relationship that went wrong but you held on in there for years: that's what it is like supporting a football team. Your loyalty to a team can never die. Ties are stronger than they could ever be with a woman. If she goes and sleeps with your best mate, it's over. If the Rs' boss, Ian Holloway, slept with my best mate, QPR would still be my team. Even if many of the things that you loved about going to matches have gone - terraces, team shirts without sponsors and being able to smoke at grounds - you still stick with your team." - Peter Doherty.

Comment

Originally posted by ConorM1882 View Post
                        Just ordered it as well, nine quid on Amazon is a bargain!! Looking forward to reading!
                        Really good read. Rod Liddle says it's the best football book since Eamon Dunphy's 'Its Only A Game'....

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
                          What was said about Chris Martin??
                          Will spoil it for folk reading it, West. Will PM you.

Comment

Originally posted by Rangers77 View Post
                            Will spoil it for folk reading it, West. Will PM you.
                            Cheers buddy

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
                              Cheers buddy
                              Need to clear some space. Inbox is full

Comment

Working...
                              X