Jake Bidwell

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bidwell: The gaffer has put his stamp on the squad

“The gaffer, Curtis and Birch came up with a gameplan for Reading and it worked perfectly,” Jake Bidwell said.

“Anyone watching the game could see that they ran out of ideas towards the end, and that forced them to play in a way that they didn’t really want to.

Fulham like to pass the ball about as well but I think they’re slightly different to Reading, and I’m sure the gaffer will come up with something again this week to give us the best chance of picking up all three points.”

Read more at http://www.qpr.co.uk/news/article/20...T6mp5TqTmVk.99

Comment

Bidwell

i cant afford to go to qpr anymore,but everyone seems to say hes really playing well is he now playing midfield like he did at brentford or is he still playing full back
      Click here to view my blog.

More...

Comment

Might be slightly harsh, but I still think he is pony tbh. In fairness, he was OK v Wolves - but really is a very limited footballer in terms of what he can offer.
        You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

wing back i think, a combination of both

Comment

so moby dick does he still occupy the number three position

More...

Comment

Originally posted by MattyRangers View Post
              Might be slightly harsh, but I still think he is pony tbh. In fairness, he was OK v Wolves - but really is a very limited footballer in terms of what he can offer.
              That is a little bit harsh Matty but I do agree this is his level and he positionally makes a lot of mistakes. However I find it hard to dislike him as I really like his attititude.

Comment

hes a solid 6/10 everygame imo. dogs summed him up well though, we dont have the money or stature to get the best players in

Comment

Lllllllllllllloooooooooooooooooooooookkkkkkkkkkkkk all im asking is does he play ###xing full back or does he play ###xing midfield

cant get the ###xing staff

More...

Comment

You're entitled to your opinion but I totally disagree.

he's at least a 6 out of 10 player every week.
                    Ok he's not got the best cross into the box on him, but he probably delivers it somewhere into the box at least 50/50.

Plays his left back role well imo and is only occasionally caught out. Certainly less than we get caught out on the right hand side.

Problem is he is being asked to do too much playing the wing back role. Doesn't suit him and therefore DOES show his limitations.

Personally think he is one of the least of our concerns position wise. For the level we are at now and the limited funds available he is perfectly adequate in the left back position.

Gives a genuine, solid and committed performance for 90 minutes. Can't ask for more than that.

Comment

Originally posted by qprted View Post
                      i cant afford to go to qpr anymore,but everyone seems to say hes really playing well is he now playing midfield like he did at brentford or is he still playing full back
                      lay off the speckled hen ted and save for a ticket , two posters very kindly put up free tkts on here at the w'kend why don't u enter

Comment

Originally posted by rodman View Post
                        You're entitled to your opinion but I totally disagree.

he's at least a 6 out of 10 player every week.
                        Ok he's not got the best cross into the box on him, but he probably delivers it somewhere into the box at least 50/50.

Plays his left back role well imo and is only occasionally caught out. Certainly less than we get caught out on the right hand side.

Problem is he is being asked to do too much playing the wing back role. Doesn't suit him and therefore DOES show his limitations.

Personally think he is one of the least of our concerns position wise. For the level we are at now and the limited funds available he is perfectly adequate in the left back position.

Gives a genuine, solid and committed performance for 90 minutes. Can't ask for more than that.
                        Genuine and committed, agree, cant fault him. But if that is all we are after then most of our fans could get a game.

However, he gets caught out defensively a lot, and going forward I don't think I have ever seen him bomb past his man and whip a ball in. So so so conservative with the ball, will always get to their full back, stop, come back and make a 5 yard pass inside. I think the whole '6 out of 10 every week' label is generous - more like 5/10 for me. But as you say, all about opinions.
                        You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

Let's get this in perspective we haven't got money to bring in every player we fans want to have so if we've got a bit to spend in January here's two options you might consider
                          1 Stick with Bidwell and go for another forward
                          2 Stick with the forwards we have and go for a left wing back
                          I know what I would opt for how about you lot

Comment

I’m with Matty never been impressed average at best. Got caught napping Saturday and nearly gave goal away
                            You know what you going to get though

Comment

i've noticed bidwell never smiles , he always looks to be concentrating which is a good thing because he does wander at times , he's limited though and not a natural footballer

Comment

Proper defender...will run through brick walls for the team.

Comment

Working...
                                X