Jake Bidwell

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rangers77 View Post
    Solid, dependable defensively able full back. Does what it says on the tin. Like Simpson.
    This.
    I want full backs who can defend and perhaps take a decent free kick or corner.

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
      I personally think he's poor. Modern day full back needs to be able to get forward but can't recall him doing anything of note in opposition half. Also don't come across as smart player makes shocking runs when he does get forward

Solid enough with back to goal which is his job and fair enough but not massively impressed with what I have seen

Shocking grammar from me so had to edit will teach me to write messages on the train
      This.

Comment

Quite a difference of opinion here, some say poor some say solid.

Haven't seen much of him but couple of Brentford mates admitted they were gutted when he joined and a few pals who go every week say he's been decent enough.

Comment

I personally think he's poor. Modern day full back needs to be able to get forward but can't recall him doing anything of note in opposition half. Also don't come across as smart player makes shocking runs when he does get forward

Solid enough with back to goal which is his job and fair enough but not massively impressed with what I have seen

Shocking grammar from me so had to edit will teach me to write messages on the train
          Westie you say he doesn't get forward enough but do think that maybe he's doing what he's being told? Just a thought.

Comment

Think he's pretty solid and dependable as a defender, only issue with him is he doesn't support the winger in front of him enough when attacking

Comment

Steady nothing more,,,, would like to see more attacking play from him

Comment

Originally posted by skranger View Post
                Steady nothing more,,,, would like to see more attacking play from him
                For him to attack he needs reassuring that others can cover his position whilst up the wing ? Might be a confidence thing.

Comment

Originally posted by LoftusRoadLad View Post
                  For him to attack he needs reassuring that others can cover his position whilst up the wing ? Might be a confidence thing.
                  Exactly, when Bidwell and Ned gets forward, one of the two CM's need to cover him.

Comment

He does get forward and support the attack a lot but agree that the end product that needs some work.

Comment

I like Bidwell, consistent, no frills or spills, good delivery from dead balls and wing.

Comment

Just out of interest:

How many better LB's are there in this division?

How many goals conceded has he been at fault for this season?

Comment

Stan was your wateringhole the Walmer castle ?

Comment

#BidNotWell

Comment

Originally posted by Stanley View Post
                              Just out of interest:

How many better LB's are there in this division?

How many goals conceded has he been at fault for this season?
                              Whoscored.com have him rated as the 13th best left back out of the 21 to play more than 4 games in that position.
                              "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

love the way he frustrates attackers by blocking them / using his body and they can't get round him . not the sort of player u notice but get's on with the job

Comment

Working...
                                X