Jake Bidwell

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jake Bidwell

What have people thought of Bidwell so far? Been a bit disappointing for me, can only assume there's a player there though, was hugely rated by Brentford
    Last edited by ConorM1882; 26-09-2016, 06:18 PM.
    "Imagine a relationship that went wrong but you held on in there for years: that's what it is like supporting a football team. Your loyalty to a team can never die. Ties are stronger than they could ever be with a woman. If she goes and sleeps with your best mate, it's over. If the Rs' boss, Ian Holloway, slept with my best mate, QPR would still be my team. Even if many of the things that you loved about going to matches have gone - terraces, team shirts without sponsors and being able to smoke at grounds - you still stick with your team." - Peter Doherty.

Originally posted by ConorM1882 View Post
    What have people thought of Bidwell so far? Been disappointing for me, can only assume there's a player there though, was hugely rated by Brentford
    Not fast but very good defensively and has good ball playing attributes.
    "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

I like him...proper defender

Comment

Originally posted by ConorM1882 View Post
        What have people thought of Bidwell so far? Been disappointing for me, can only assume there's a player there though, was hugely rated by Brentford
        Solid left back. Obviously he is being told not to do too much attacking. Not his fault.
        nsa/cia spy on this..............┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

Comment

Have seen people absolutely slating him on social media and thought it was a bit harsh, interested to see what you lot think
          "Imagine a relationship that went wrong but you held on in there for years: that's what it is like supporting a football team. Your loyalty to a team can never die. Ties are stronger than they could ever be with a woman. If she goes and sleeps with your best mate, it's over. If the Rs' boss, Ian Holloway, slept with my best mate, QPR would still be my team. Even if many of the things that you loved about going to matches have gone - terraces, team shirts without sponsors and being able to smoke at grounds - you still stick with your team." - Peter Doherty.

Comment

I like him. Nothing glamorous, just a steady eddy that does the basics well. Tbh that's just what a want in a fullback at this level .
            You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

I personally think he's poor. Modern day full back needs to be able to get forward but can't recall him doing anything of note in opposition half. Also don't come across as smart player makes shocking runs when he does get forward

Solid enough with back to goal which is his job and fair enough but not massively impressed with what I have seen

Shocking grammar from me so had to edit will teach me to write messages on the train
              Last edited by West Acton; 26-09-2016, 07:11 PM.

Comment

Solid, dependable defensively able full back. Does what it says on the tin. Like Simpson.

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
                  I personally think he's poor. Modern dat full back needs to be able to get forwards but can't recall him doing anything of note in opposition half. Also don't come across as smart player makes shocking runs when he does get forward

Solid enough with back to goal which is his job and fair enough but not massively impressed with what I have see.
                  Totally agree with west on this one. My fav era was watching the R's in the 90's with Bardsley and Wilson. Real attack minded fullbacks. I think that is a huge difference in why championship teams are so far behind premier league teams.
                  I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

Originally posted by WeAreQPR12 View Post
                    Totally agree with west on this one. My fav era was watching the R's in the 90's with Bardsley and Wilson. Real attack minded fullbacks. I think that is a huge difference in why championship teams are so far behind premier league teams.
                    Superb shout never ever replaced Willo and bards excellent full backs even Brevitt could get up and down pitch
                    Last edited by West Acton; 26-09-2016, 07:22 PM.

Comment

Always a 7/8 out of ten performer a very dependable left back.

Comment

Originally posted by Rangers77 View Post
                        Solid, dependable defensively able full back. Does what it says on the tin. Like Simpson.
                        Exactly how I see Bidwell too.
                        Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
                        Pawel Wszolek - 6
                        Luke Freeman - 6
                        Matt Smith - 6
                        Ebere Eze - 4
                        Joel Lynch - 3
                        Tomer Hemed - 3
                        Toni Leistner - 2
                        Massimo Luongo- 2
                        Angel Rangel - 2
                        Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
                        Geoff Cameron - 1
                        Aramide Oteh - 1
                        Jake Bidwell - 1
                        Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

Originally posted by Code switcher View Post
                          Always a 7/8 out of ten performer a very dependable left back.
                          He's not a 7 or 8 mate. Would say solid 6 week in week out

Comment

Id have him in my team

Comment

he's been solid. like a ryan nelsen I reckon.
                              Rangers Til I Die
                              follow me at twitter.com/arthurqpr

Comment

Working...
                              X