Improvement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by West London is Rss View Post
    We have some talented players, who look to be young hidden gems we've found on the cheap. Looks a talented squad with the two Polish lads now as well, with some real potential.

All a work in progress, and a new direction for us which will take time. He's playing and tinkering with a few things at the moment, to find his best team. I think we'll get there in the end and be a good side.
    Have no problem finding the best 11 and tinkering.
    Its the style of play thats the problem and it wont change as its jimmys style. Been that way for over a year.
    nsa/cia spy on this..............┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

Comment

Originally posted by Ginger Ninja View Post
      He's been shocking this season 72.
      i agree he's not been so 'stand out' as last season but there is no way he's been shocking , thats well ott

Comment

We need to build the squad around the 2 Poles. Can't believe we've picked up these 2 International players at great ages (24&25) for peanuts.

Comment

Originally posted by bakes8 View Post
          We need to build the squad around the 2 Poles. Can't believe we've picked up these 2 International players at great ages (24&25) for peanuts.
          We've only bought one of them though haven't we?

Comment

Originally posted by Shepherds Mush View Post
            We've only bought one of them though haven't we?
            Though Wszolek was loan with option to buy?. In which case with us it will be a buy for peanuts.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitman34 View Post
              Its the style of play thats the problem and it wont change as its jimmys style. Been that way for over a year.
              I thought the style of play was decent in parts on Saturday, especially in the second half.
              The introduction of Wzaolek was key, because the sides JFH have been picking are too narrow. This Pawel chap seems an out and out winger and our style became better and probably more what JFH wants in the fact we were getting the ball out wide and get crosses in for Sylla and the runners from midfield.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitman34 View Post
                Have to agree with this. The total lack of any entertaining football is my biggest gripe personally. And it won't change for the better all the while the manager refuses to play certain players in the roles that best suit them.

What I find very disturbing is that it can take a so-called football manager quite so long to work out the bleeding obvious. No problem with tinkering in order to see what works best, particularly with so many options available. But to persist with the negative attitude winds me up no end and has all but destroyed any atmosphere. Surprise, surprise then when we decided to have a bit of a go in the second half, both performance and atmosphere improved.

If we had to get such poor results and be in 16th place at this stage, then I think many of us would have been far more willing to accept it from a bunch of newbies bedding in and having some desire, than complete and utter rubbish from teams set up to provide just that.

Still, let's be positive and hope that this extraordinary enlightenment is reflected in tomorrow's team selection.

Comment

Expect Henry to start tomorrow.

Comment

Originally posted by brightonr View Post
                    Have to agree with this. The total lack of any entertaining football is my biggest gripe personally. And it won't change for the better all the while the manager refuses to play certain players in the roles that best suit them.
                    How many players were played out of position on Saturday?

Comment

Originally posted by Shepherds Mush View Post
                      How many players were played out of position on Saturday?
                      Cousins before his injury, forcing the manager to play the bloke that should have started there. Pretty sure if he'd started with him, we wouldn't have wasted the first half yet again.

Henry and El Khayati not playing helped no end too. Replace Hall with Lynch for a bit more steel in defence and Shodipo with Ngbakoto and we'll start to look like a team that can attack well and defend adequately.

Quite happy for Luongo to remain, but he really needs to think quicker and stop dithering if he's to realise his potential.

Comment

I don't think hall should be dropped at all, he's been average this season but you've gotta take into account our best players have been average at best.

Hall is one of our players for the future and a future captain for sure

Comment

Once Yeni and Pawel get into a rhythm attacking down the wings and swapping cos they can play on both wings the entertainment factor will rise with the crowd . Wait for it im sure its coming soon.

Comment

Originally posted by Stanley View Post
                            Second Season Syndrome...
                            Remember Stuart Wardley? Mustard in his first season then turned to complete turd...
                            Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
                            Pawel Wszolek - 6
                            Luke Freeman - 6
                            Matt Smith - 6
                            Ebere Eze - 4
                            Joel Lynch - 3
                            Tomer Hemed - 3
                            Toni Leistner - 2
                            Massimo Luongo- 2
                            Angel Rangel - 2
                            Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
                            Geoff Cameron - 1
                            Aramide Oteh - 1
                            Jake Bidwell - 1
                            Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

Originally posted by Ginger Ninja View Post
                              Remember Stuart Wardley? Mustard in his first season then turned to complete turd...
                              i'm sure wardley was our player of the season scored a few goals , then seemed to just fade away

Comment

Originally posted by LoftusRoadLad View Post
                                Once Yeni and Pawel get into a rhythm attacking down the wings and swapping cos they can play on both wings the entertainment factor will rise with the crowd . Wait for it im sure its coming soon.

These two can tear things up, they're gonna prove that they're a class above this level and with Sylla or Polter up front, goals will come. Have to say with Wszolek, it's not that I didn't rate him, I just saw him as your basic winger for this level. Gotta say though, forget that performance just being a good game by his standards potentially, the way he played, you could see that he had class. Superb turn and spacial awareness, always knew when to release the ball and where his marker was. Yeni showed that sort of natural ability in his first three matches maybe, with the personal situation now, hopefully when he returns from this injury he won't let it affect his mentality and we'll see some great interplay between the attacking midfielders.
                                "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Working...
                                X