Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Play a right winger on the right; two up front at home; bench Kelvin. Simple.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just behind the front two roaming in a free role. That midfield could accomadate that I reckon cos both poles look very capable from what ive seen.
    Surprised there isnt a thread on how good they look, but thats not the mood on here at the moment, so maybe i shouldn't be surprised.

Comment

Both were excellent yesterday and lets hope they kick on. Chery for me is not influencing enough games to be a number 10 from what I have seen so far.

Comment

He can do a lot better but we need him so bad for his corners and free kicks alone. Most of our goals come from him in some way or another i reckon.

Comment

Originally posted by 1973 ranger View Post
          Was reading the other day a article from JFH regarding cousins and what was his best position is and he said Central Midfield was and he was only playing on the wing due to injuries yet Pawel who is a winger and was fit was on the bench and for me was MOTM yesterday. Slight contradiction from our manager.
          To be fair, perhaps he was trying to get Pawel up to the speed of the English game by introducing him gradually? Would certainly make sense imo.
          Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
          Pawel Wszolek - 6
          Luke Freeman - 6
          Matt Smith - 6
          Ebere Eze - 4
          Joel Lynch - 3
          Tomer Hemed - 3
          Toni Leistner - 2
          Massimo Luongo- 2
          Angel Rangel - 2
          Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
          Geoff Cameron - 1
          Aramide Oteh - 1
          Jake Bidwell - 1
          Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
            We literally have no problems at right back, Ned runs up fine, forces the ball forward and is solid defensively. Nedum has been solid this season at right back.
            have to disagree there. we are effective when stretching the width.. on both sides. I had Ned on player cam on Sat, watched him for large periods of the game. He is just too cautious to go passed the half way line. Which means the winger needs to do a lot of carrying.
            Rangers Til I Die
            follow me at twitter.com/arthurqpr

Comment

Originally posted by ArthurQPR_NYC View Post
              have to disagree there. we are effective when stretching the width.. on both sides. I had Ned on player cam on Sat, watched him for large periods of the game. He is just too cautious to go passed the half way line. Which means the winger needs to do a lot of carrying.
              First Touch map here showing Ned's positions on taking a first touch.

Pretty much had just over half of his first touches in the opposition half.

Here's a map of his forward passes.

Just over half from ahead of the halfway line again.

It's all opinions, but for me he did a lot of good defensive work and he did a lot of good attacking work, played some great forward balls and was even in the mood to take a couple of shots.... awful shots... but still shots
              "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Originally posted by Stanley View Post
                Sadly it was Luongo to blame for the goal for not tracking his runner. The only stain on otherwise good performance by him.
                Agree on not tracking the striker but Hall losing out that header by the post was absolutely shocking defending. Too busy watching the man instead of the ball.

Comment

Originally posted by ArthurQPR_NYC View Post
                  See it differently myself as I thought Onuha played far enough up to support the attack yet able to get back quick enough when the attack invariably broke down.

He could possibly go on the outside of the winger more often (like Bidwell does) but he does a decent enough job. Needs to work on his shooting though!

Comment

Originally posted by Shepherds Mush View Post
                    See it differently myself as I thought Onuha played far enough up to support the attack yet able to get back quick enough when the attack invariably broke down.

He could possibly go on the outside of the winger more often (like Bidwell does) but he does a decent enough job. Needs to work on his shooting though!
                    That's something I wish he and Bidwell would switch up. Bidwell doesn't have the pace to get back if he gets beyond his man, whereas Ned does. In terms of how he plays, Bidwell comes across as a small defensive mid playing full back. Good ball playing, smart positioning, limited pace and good tackling.
                    "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Lynch has to come in for Hall at Burton.

Like Hall but maybe taking him out for a while is a good idea.

Comment

Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
                        That's something I wish he and Bidwell would switch up. Bidwell doesn't have the pace to get back if he gets beyond his man, whereas Ned does. In terms of how he plays, Bidwell comes across as a small defensive mid playing full back. Good ball playing, smart positioning, limited pace and good tackling.
                        Bidwell is a proper old school defender....defend first and foremost. His crossing is getting better - can see the development in him.

Comment

Originally posted by West London is Rss View Post
                          Lynch has to come in for Hall at Burton.

Like Hall but maybe taking him out for a while is a good idea.
                          Thought Lynch deserved a start after Sunderland. Would've swapped Caulker for him before Saturday but not now...Hall's had a big dip in form.

Comment

Originally posted by Shepherds Mush View Post
                            Thought Lynch deserved a start after Sunderland. Would've swapped Caulker for him before Saturday but not now...Hall's had a big dip in form.
                            4-4-2

Smithies

Onuoha
                            Caulker
                            Lynch
                            Bidwell

Wsolek
                            Luongo
                            Borysiuk
                            Ngbakoto

Washington
                            Sylla

Comment

Originally posted by lincoln ranger View Post
                              4-4-2

Smithies

Onuoha
                              Caulker
                              Lynch
                              Bidwell

Wsolek
                              Luongo
                              Borysiuk
                              Ngbakoto

Washington
                              Sylla
                              But that put's everyone in the correct positions.

Comment

Originally posted by brightonr View Post
                                But that put's everyone in the correct positions.
                                Seems the obvious choice down to the lack of form of Hall and Chery, injuries to Cousins, Polter and Robinson, Sandro never getting picked, Shodipo not quite ready - although good as an impact off the bench, and finally Henry and El-Khayati out of the team due to being sh!te!

Big question is...does 'the clown' see it this way? My money is on his 'favourites' Kalvin and El-K back in the side tomorrow night and it will result in instant defeat unfortunately.

Comment

Working...
                                X