Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Play a right winger on the right; two up front at home; bench Kelvin. Simple.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LoftusRoadLad View Post
    He is too young to know how to conserve his energy but will deff be a big asset for us.
    He is a luxury we cant afford at the moment imo. Doesnt track back whatsever and for all the fancy step overs there is no end product.

Maybe Nas stats can prove me wrong, but my eyes havent seen anything to show me i am.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post
      He is a luxury we cant afford at the moment imo. Doesnt track back whatsever and for all the fancy step overs there is no end product.

Maybe Nas stats can prove me wrong, but my eyes havent seen anything to show me i am.
      the quality of his crossing isn't there yet, but he's shown that just getting down there and delivering it creates problems. I agree though, he doesn't have the fitness yet, he lacks the actual final product (3 accurate crosses in 20 attempted says a lot. He gets there and delivers but they aren't the best deliveries) and the times he's taken a shot it looks like his leg is made of soft putty. No power to it. But he gets to the edge and if he can learn to deliver properly, he'll be a big asset in the future.
      "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

One for the future hopefully mate, just not a regular starter yet is my thoughts.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post
          One for the future hopefully mate, just not a regular starter yet is my thoughts.
          Agreed there mate.
          "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

How can shopido not be fit after a tough pre season? And being rested regularly? 19 or 20 years old?

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Wilson View Post
              How can shopido not be fit after a tough pre season? And being rested regularly? 19 or 20 years old?
              This. Ian Gillard told us last week that he played two games in three days, traveled the country and watched us in the cup final. And he wore heavy leather boots, kicked a heavy leather ball, cotton kit, and was fuelled, I guess, by steak and chips...... Today's footballers ought be super athletes. And able to play as needed.

Comment

Originally posted by Rangers77 View Post
                Yep. Started, as per usual, 4231, but Couisns early injury meant Pawel came on the right and we looked better. Played higher without Kelvin. Went 442 with Polter on for Shodipo and Chery moved left. Rocket science for Jimmy.
                So we played better because of an injury.

Comment

Originally posted by jmelanie View Post
                  So we played better because of an injury.
                  Sure did. Because we had a right sided winger on the wing instead of a central midfielder........ Everybody in the ground apart from Jimmy knew that (and one or two others).

Comment

Very encouraging second half performance. Disappointing result. Of course, Jimmy didnt want to play Pawel, did he? Motm for me.
                    Thought the whole game was encouraging. The only thing missing was a lack of end product, and a continuing total inability to score a goal from open play.

Chery and Polter had particularly poor games.

The back 4 and the 2 CMs all played very well.

Comment

Originally posted by Stanley View Post
                      Thought the whole game was encouraging. The only thing missing was a lack of end product, and a continuing total inability to score a goal from open play.

Chery and Polter had particularly poor games.

The back 4 and the 2 CMs all played very well.
                      Bar the defending for their goal, can't disagree Stan. Much better.
                      Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
                      Pawel Wszolek - 6
                      Luke Freeman - 6
                      Matt Smith - 6
                      Ebere Eze - 4
                      Joel Lynch - 3
                      Tomer Hemed - 3
                      Toni Leistner - 2
                      Massimo Luongo- 2
                      Angel Rangel - 2
                      Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
                      Geoff Cameron - 1
                      Aramide Oteh - 1
                      Jake Bidwell - 1
                      Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

Originally posted by Ginger Ninja View Post
                        Bar the defending for their goal, can't disagree Stan. Much better.
                        Sadly it was Luongo to blame for the goal for not tracking his runner. The only stain on otherwise good performance by him.

Comment

Because we had a right sided winger on the wing instead of a central midfielder........ Everybody in the ground apart from Jimmy knew that (and one or two others).
                          He must learn from this. Wouldn't surprise me if we don't revert to the same old dross. I really hope I'm wrong.

Comment

Was reading the other day a article from JFH regarding cousins and what was his best position is and he said Central Midfield was and he was only playing on the wing due to injuries yet Pawel who is a winger and was fit was on the bench and for me was MOTM yesterday. Slight contradiction from our manager.

Comment

This team will get us top six imho.

Smithies
                              Onouha
                              Bidwell
                              Caulker
                              Hall
                              Borysuik
                              Luongo
                              Wszolek
                              Chery
                              Polter
                              Sylla

Could add Lynch if you want to. But thats the team i think is our best.
                              Last edited by Kevin Mcleod; 25-09-2016, 06:07 PM.

Comment

Top 6? Where would Chery fit into that team?

Comment

Working...
                                X