Leicester and Burnley

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Leicester and Burnley

We are now struggling under Jimmy, but how many matches did it take their managers to them promoted?

Ps. Compared with JFH`s number of matches in charge i forgot to add.
    Last edited by Shania; 24-09-2016, 04:40 PM.
    QPR
    Best team in the world
    Sort of

Dyche replaced Howe in October 2012 when Howe went to Bournemouth. The next season Burnley were promoted to the premiership.
    When Pearson joined Leicester in 2008 when they were in League One and won promotion to the Championship the same season. The next season they spent most of the time in the play off positions, finished 5th and lost in the semi final of the play offs on penalties. Leicester was then sold and he left the club for Hull City in the summer of 2010. However he returned in November 2011, The first season he lost in the play-offs but the second season they were promoted as champions.

So I think you can say both managers were fairly successful from the outset.

Comment

It was mainly the statistics behind it I was interested in. But thanks anyway, jMelanie.
      Last edited by Shania; 25-09-2016, 05:25 PM.
      QPR
      Best team in the world
      Sort of

Comment

Originally posted by Shania View Post
        It was mainly the statistics behind it I was interested in. But thanks anyway, jMelanie.
        Hi Shania, sorry for the delay in response:

So for Nigel Pearson at Leicester, it took him 126 league matches in the Championship with Leicester in 3 seasons before they became a premier league side.

It took Sean Dyche 79 games to get promoted from the championship the first time, over 2 seasons.

JFH has currently managed 36 Championship matches... Less than half of Sean Dyche. Just an added thought, Dyche's first 33 matches in his first season in charge, he had a record of 11-11-11. JFH's first 33 record is 10-14-9. Dyche was not sacked for his record. The following 46 matches, his record was 26-15-5. Things can change in an instant in management. All it takes is a spark.

Hope that helped.
        "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Thanks, Nasser95. IOW, if we are patient with JFH it can pay off, eventually..
          QPR
          Best team in the world
          Sort of

Comment

Working...
          X