Good read about our Stanley

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good read about our Stanley

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/...y-maverick-b/?
    Ooh northern lads love gravy

Really good read,could of shed a tear reading that van x
    "The kids missed everything from Queens Park Rangers to Conkers".

London Pride has been handed down to us.
    London Pride is a flower that's free.
    London Pride means our own dear town to us,
    And our pride it for ever will be.

Comment

Interesting article and v sad. Just goes to show that QPR are doing more for him than any other previous club so defeats the moaning at the recent meeting. Money was very easy come and go for him. Certainly didn't seem bothered by it but a shame that gambling at a serious level has taken control of many footballers
      I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

His daughter Andria sounds like an amazing person. I am sure it is because of her support that he seems to cheerful. This is the worst disease you can have because your brain is going, you know it, and there is nothing you can do about it.

Comment

Pleased this was posted up. I read it and thought it would appear on here. Sad but in a way uplifting as he achieved so much and is still talked about so fondly of a golden period in our time when footballers were superstars but still so close to the fans. Stan just represented this period perfectly and you didn't mind as he had the talent.

Would be great if the club did do a testimonial maybe against city.

Yesterday I saw this ITV documentary "get shirty" about Admiral. It had a clip about Stan absolutely brilliant. If an individual encapsulates our club its him.

Comment

If our club gives him a testimonial / benefit match who do you think opponents would be and would it be a mix of players past and present?

Comment

Thought it was about our Stanley the administrator.....

Comment

Originally posted by Rangers77 View Post
                I meant just about the Stanley on here. In general. Not implying that Stanley (the administrator, not the actual Stanley) has Alzheimer's. Far from it. No. Too much wine at table, folks.

Comment

Originally posted by loftbalcony View Post
                  If our club gives him a testimonial / benefit match who do you think opponents would be and would it be a mix of players past and present?
                  Orient or Brentford I would imagine and yeah I would assume people from all generations would play. Les, Furlong, Seaman if they can get, plenty of popular faces that could raise some cash for him.

Comment

I watched the video clips in the article. Parkes really cost us!

Comment

Very sad. I didn't realise his condition was as bad as it sounds like it is now.

Hope QPR press on with this benefit match. Give some much needed funds to his lovely daughter to care for her dad.

Comment

I meant just about the Stanley on here. In general. Not implying that Stanley (the administrator, not the actual Stanley) has Alzheimer's. Far from it. No. Too much wine at table, folks.
                        Understood you the first time mate. No need to explain. I thought it might be about me too

Comment

Thanks for posting Van. Good read....but so sad :(

Comment

Comment

Sense of humour bypass cricketer

Comment

Working...
                              X