QPR Vs Sunderland Match Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My thoughts on it.

First half we battled well, but throughout the game we lacked any real quality. Our final ball into the box, or final pass, or even shots from distance were poor. Second half we started slowly but managed to defend well. Knicked a good goal from Sandro, then all of a sudden went so negative to try and hold on. Subs upset the balance. One thing I noticed in the second half was we defended so narrow. I understand why teams defend like this as it makes you hard to break down and stops sides playing through the thirds. If we was playing Arsenal then you could understand the defensive shape, but Sunderland have never been that type of side and their right winger who imo was by far the best player on the park was told to hug the touch line and found himself with the freedom of the park. Before the equaliser there was a spell of 2 mins when 3 times they switched play to him and he put in some fantastic deliveries which we were lucky not to conceded from. Then we should of realised that's what they will be doing but we didn't and all of a sudden we are 2-1 down.

Must mention Ndong, I felt he was head and shoulders the best player on the park. Haven't watched much Premiership football so far this season, but if he isn't playing regularly for Sunderland, he needs to be.

For us:

We lacked quality. We didn't have 1 player on the park where you would think he can do something for us here.

Sandro needs to play week in week out. Got tired towards the end, but done OK.

Young full back Kakay was decent. Don't know why, probably looked like him a bit but reminded me of Clive Wilson lol.

Sylla put himself about, decent in the air and held the ball up well. Wasn't in the box enough though.

El Khayati is a waste of space and every time I see him he gets worse and worse. For a so called flair player he has nothing about him. First half 3 corners in a row couldn't even clear first man and they almost scored all 3 times on the counter. If Defoe was playing we would of been slaughtered.

Washington. Played out of position, yes. But he is just not good enough. We signed him after a purple patch at Peterborough. Other than that he has only ever done it at the level I manage at with St Ives ffs which is a million miles away from the Championship.

I don't get to Rangers as much as most on here, so I was interested to see for myself if the negativity on here is deserved. I didn't think we were terrible, but we were far from decent. Felt Jimmy's mistakes were the subs and the narrow shape trying to defend a 1-0 lead with 20 odd mins to go.
    @chrisrobson9

Comment

• Have always thought the el khat should be nothing more than an impact sub. Would prefer to see someone like el petrass in the role the khat was given last night.
      He's a Jimmy favourite though so as long as he's here he'll get gametime.

Comment

• Originally posted by Robsondinho View Post
        My thoughts on it.

First half we battled well, but throughout the game we lacked any real quality. Our final ball into the box, or final pass, or even shots from distance were poor. Second half we started slowly but managed to defend well. Knicked a good goal from Sandro, then all of a sudden went so negative to try and hold on. Subs upset the balance. One thing I noticed in the second half was we defended so narrow. I understand why teams defend like this as it makes you hard to break down and stops sides playing through the thirds. If we was playing Arsenal then you could understand the defensive shape, but Sunderland have never been that type of side and their right winger who imo was by far the best player on the park was told to hug the touch line and found himself with the freedom of the park. Before the equaliser there was a spell of 2 mins when 3 times they switched play to him and he put in some fantastic deliveries which we were lucky not to conceded from. Then we should of realised that's what they will be doing but we didn't and all of a sudden we are 2-1 down.

Must mention Ndong, I felt he was head and shoulders the best player on the park. Haven't watched much Premiership football so far this season, but if he isn't playing regularly for Sunderland, he needs to be.

For us:

We lacked quality. We didn't have 1 player on the park where you would think he can do something for us here.

Sandro needs to play week in week out. Got tired towards the end, but done OK.

Young full back Kakay was decent. Don't know why, probably looked like him a bit but reminded me of Clive Wilson lol.

Sylla put himself about, decent in the air and held the ball up well. Wasn't in the box enough though.

El Khayati is a waste of space and every time I see him he gets worse and worse. For a so called flair player he has nothing about him. First half 3 corners in a row couldn't even clear first man and they almost scored all 3 times on the counter. If Defoe was playing we would of been slaughtered.

Washington. Played out of position, yes. But he is just not good enough. We signed him after a purple patch at Peterborough. Other than that he has only ever done it at the level I manage at with St Ives ffs which is a million miles away from the Championship.

I don't get to Rangers as much as most on here, so I was interested to see for myself if the negativity on here is deserved. I didn't think we were terrible, but we were far from decent. Felt Jimmy's mistakes were the subs and the narrow shape trying to defend a 1-0 lead with 20 odd mins to go.
        Thought Wszolek looked a quality player but not much on show elsewhere. Shows what a terrible decision getting rid of Faurlin was - last night cried out for a player who could pick passes and make the unexpected happen - huge loss, he's the sort of player you could tell the others to protect, because he'd win games for us. Instead we seem to have a team high on perspiration but very low on inspiration.

Comment

• Originally posted by amusant View Post
          Thought Wszolek looked a quality player but not much on show elsewhere. Shows what a terrible decision getting rid of Faurlin was - last night cried out for a player who could pick passes and make the unexpected happen - huge loss, he's the sort of player you could tell the others to protect, because he'd win games for us. Instead we seem to have a team high on perspiration but very low on inspiration.
          As much as I loved Faurlin, and I really think Faurlin should have a cult hero status for us, Luongo is that player right now.
          "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

• Why is that plonker smiling ?

Comment

• Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
              Didn't think this in the slightest. The match was very back and forth, every 5 minutes prior to the goal, the chances would switch teams. They beat us on fitness and inexperience at full back. First goal was Sandro ball watching and a frankly unlucky bounce off Caulker, probably because he isn't fully match fit. Second goal was Niko's inexperience. He'll learn and get better. But Sunderland definitely weren't in control. We looked just as comfortable as them on and off the ball. Didn't really feel that threatened by them in the first half at all to be honest. Felt our centre backs were extremely solid and Sandro and Cousins did well defensively.
              I'll just ignore the fact that Sunderland had 61% possession then and as far as I remember they weren't passing it between the CB's all game.

Comment

• Faurlin is not the answer and anyone who watched him drag himself about the pitch last season always off the pace of play would see and know that.

Cult hero yes answer to our current problems no. Not even getting a game in Spanish second division or am I wrong????

Comment

Working...
                X