Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who would you save in a lifeboat question?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who would you save in a lifeboat question?

My stepson is taking sociology a level and this was a homework he had. I found it fairly interesting to do so was curious how you all would pick.

A passenger liner is wrecked at sea and these 15 people find themselves together in a lifeboat. The lifeboat however can only support 9 people. If six are not eliminated everyone will die. If you were in command of the lifeboat, which would you choose to survive?

1. A doctor. GP. He is addicted to drugs and very nervous, aged 60.
    2. A black Minister. Protestant. Age 27.
    3. A Prostitute, no parents. She is an excellent nurse. Has already saved a drowning child. Age 37.
    4. A male criminal. Charged with murder. He is the only one capable of navigating the boat. Age 37.
    5. A man mentally disturbed, who carries important government secrets in his head, age 41.
    6. A salesman. He sales automatic washing machines. Member of the local Rotary Club. Age 51.
    7. A crippled boy, paralyzed since birth. He can not use his hands, or do anything for him-self, so must be fed by others. Age 8.
    8. A married couple. He is a construction worker, who drinks a lot. Age 27. She is a housewife with two children at home. Age 23.
    9. A Jewish restaurant owner married with three children at home. Age 40.
    10. A teacher considered one of the best in Essex. Age 32.
    11. A catholic Nun. Supervisor of a girl’s school. Age 46.
    12. An unemployed man, formally a professor of literature. He has a great sense of humour, showed courage in the last war and was in a concentration camp for three years, age 53.
    13. A married couple deeply in love, but yet no children. Both Irish. He is studying to be a pharmacist. Age 24. She is a housewife, helps with a playgroup. Age 21.

Discuss who you would save and why

Id save the brass,the others sound like mere bottom feeders.
    "The kids missed everything from Queens Park Rangers to Conkers".

London Pride has been handed down to us.
    London Pride is a flower that's free.
    London Pride means our own dear town to us,
    And our pride it for ever will be.

Comment

Originally posted by nanocopic View Post
      My stepson is taking sociology a level and this was a homework he had. I found it fairly interesting to do so was curious how you all would pick.

A passenger liner is wrecked at sea and these 15 people find themselves together in a lifeboat. The lifeboat however can only support 9 people. If six are not eliminated everyone will die. If you were in command of the lifeboat, which would you choose to survive?

3. A Prostitute, no parents. She is an excellent nurse. Has already saved a drowning child. Age 37.
      4. A male criminal. Charged with murder. He is the only one capable of navigating the boat. Age 37.
      5. A man mentally disturbed, who carries important government secrets in his head, age 41.
      6. A salesman. He sales automatic washing machines. Member of the local Rotary Club. Age 51.
      7. A crippled boy, paralyzed since birth. He can not use his hands, or do anything for him-self, so must be fed by others. Age 8.
      8. A married couple. He is a construction worker, who drinks a lot. Age 27. She is a housewife with two children at home. Age 23.
      12. An unemployed man, formally a professor of literature. He has a great sense of humour, showed courage in the last war and was in a concentration camp for three years, age 53.
      13. A married couple deeply in love, but yet no children. Both Irish. He is studying to be a pharmacist. Age 24. She is a housewife, helps with a playgroup. Age 21.

I'd only want to keep three.
      The criminal because he's the only one who can navigate the boat.
      The doctor because he'd hopefully still his stash of drugs with him
      The prostitute as there's only so much 'I spy' you can play on the open ocean.
      “He'll regret it till his dying day, if ever he lives that long”
      Will Danaher

Comment

Well if I wasn't going to be in it, I couldn't give a stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by loneranger View Post
          Id save the brass,the others sound like mere bottom feeders.
          haha....that made me laugh-you funny ####er
          PRIDE OF LONDON.

Comment

Originally posted by brightonr View Post
            Well if I wasn't going to be in it, I couldn't give a stuff.
            Fair point that, surely if it can only hold 9 and you are in command you actually have to get rid of 7.

Comment

I'd save the GP; the nurse; the navigator; the man holding important government secrets; the Rotary Club member; the husband and father of three children; the teacher; the pharmacist and the housewife / playgroup worker.

The rest aren't as useful in assuring the boat passengers' survival, as well as society as a whole - relatively speaking of course. Tragic as it is that's the cold harsh reality.

Originally posted by nanocopic View Post

Comment

Do any of the support the scum. That might have a bearing on things.
                “He'll regret it till his dying day, if ever he lives that long”
                Will Danaher

Comment

Working...
                X